Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Town problem  (Read 1417 times)

Benata

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Town problem
« on: October 24, 2010, 02:03:04 pm »

I am having issues with human towns(or any kind of towns) on adventure mode. Fortress mode works perfectly but adventure mode has NO active cities. Weird :/.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: Town problem
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 02:09:46 pm »

Towns are currently broken and in a transition state. Human towns are supposed to be getting some stuff back next release, but the other races are probably going to be townless for a while yet.

In the meantime, there ARE places in the farms on the outskirts of the human towns with a couple buildings with lots of people for you to murder inside. No actual cities, though.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Benata

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 02:36:32 pm »

Towns are currently broken and in a transition state. Human towns are supposed to be getting some stuff back next release, but the other races are probably going to be townless for a while yet.

In the meantime, there ARE places in the farms on the outskirts of the human towns with a couple buildings with lots of people for you to murder inside. No actual cities, though.

Been there, murdered them. Thanks for info!

lollius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 02:41:43 am »

I started to play Adventure mode for the first time today and searched like 1 hour after cities >.<
So,does this mean in the current version of DF there are no cities nor towns????ß>.< why?this is madness!!!!!!!

Kay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 03:49:54 am »

How do people still not know this? Just read the Dev Log, it answers most things!

Sisidem

• Bay Watcher
  • Bleak are the gray clouds. Oh, how I love them so.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 11:21:57 am »

Madness? No....THIS. IS. DWARF FORTREEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS! 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Benata

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 01:00:09 pm »

How do people still not know this? Just read the Dev Log, it answers most things!
I mostly don't have time for anything just had to give a quick question.