Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do you jump off a ledge?  (Read 1517 times)

occulten

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
How do you jump off a ledge?
« on: October 22, 2010, 12:13:17 pm »

I've seen it done in the let's play videos, but I can't seem to find out how to do so...

EDIT: Also, what is this new grasp thing? I can't seem to figure that out either, what are the controls what does it do etc...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 12:18:11 pm by occulten »

filthywalrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do you jump off a ledge?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 12:44:46 pm »

To jump off a ledge, hold alt then press the arrow key that corresponds to the direction that you want to move in.
If by "this new grasp thing" you mean wrestling, while standing next to an enemy press shift+a, then hit enter and press the letter corresponding to which enemy you want to wrestle.
I'd like to make a baby zoo. Is there an effective and safe way to cage babies? Will they grow up or starve while caged? Or do they effectively freeze while caged?
DF forums:  Where this discussion is perfectly acceptable.

occulten

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 01:03:11 pm »

alt + direction, thanks, but by grasp I mean, "can not pick up object, no free grasp"

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 01:19:06 pm »

alt + direction, thanks, but by grasp I mean, "can not pick up object, no free grasp"
ok with grasp it is A) both hands are full and you dont have a back pack, or B)you dont have hands.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Melagius

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord and Master here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 06:16:43 pm »

ok with grasp it is A) both hands are full and you dont have a back pack, or B)you dont have hands.

Or C) A hand that would normally free has damaged nerves and cannot be used (will be yellow in the wounds screen, motor nerves severed in health overview.