Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: Cybrid Mafia II - Welcome to hell, the glitches have landed. - Game Over  (Read 26722 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid Mafia II - Welcome to hell, the glitches have landed. - Day 2
« Reply #120 on: November 02, 2010, 01:12:41 am »

Frankly, neither does yours. I've gone through D1 posts, and I don't see the active front/façade... So it must be based on night actions, yes? You realise you can't convince the rest of us to vote them unless you give us a bit more context on how you came by that information, yes? Even without revealing your alignment, if you wish, but give us something. Context, evidence, history, something. We can't just support you on faith. You may be pulling the whole thing out of your arse.

How do you know that "Mr.Person has been keeping an active front while Toaster is pulling a façade"?

Toaster, what say you to Toony's accusations? Have you an alternative theory to present?

I must question why you're rolefishing.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 02, 2010, 01:37:11 am »

Frankly, neither does yours. I've gone through D1 posts, and I don't see the active front/façade... So it must be based on night actions, yes? You realise you can't convince the rest of us to vote them unless you give us a bit more context on how you came by that information, yes? Even without revealing your alignment, if you wish, but give us something. Context, evidence, history, something. We can't just support you on faith. You may be pulling the whole thing out of your arse.
How do you know that "Mr.Person has been keeping an active front while Toaster is pulling a façade"?
Toaster, what say you to Toony's accusations? Have you an alternative theory to present?
I must question why you're rolefishing.

I'm not rolefishing, I explicitly said "without revealing your alignment, if you wish" (or role, I could have added). What I want is more data. Context. Evidence. Something. Claiming a role could be one thing, sure, but not the only thing. Data is the thing. Something other than taking his claims on faith alone.

And a pet peeve of mine: rolefishing is not scummy D2 forward (not that that's what I'm doing). It's scummy to rolefish D1, sure, but once there are bodies on the deck and mylo/lylo approaching, searching for who did what and who can do what is a valid way of building one's information on the rest of the players, scum or not. Especially in a role-heavy game. Rolefishing for the lone cop on a BM is one thing, trying to figure which of the twenty crazy roles in a BYOR applies, something else altogether.

That being said, it's a fair chance that half the people are scum to one another at this point, so I say it's a fair game. Rolefish if you wish, I won't call you scummy for it  --  I may call you scummy for how you do it, or for what data it uncovers, but not for the mere act of rolefishing.

...just a pet peeve. It irks me when people question rolefishing in a mid-to-late role-heavy game.
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 02, 2010, 02:42:03 am »

Rolefishing is bad because a townie has no reason to want to know the roles of the other players while the scum desperatly want to know who to kill. In fact, townies shouldn't even be thinking about roles until there's a good reason to (roleflips, your role information, or an early claim). Until then, just keep your head down and scumhunt. You'll find it'll help you out more to get reads on every player rather than to try to worm role information out of someone who doesn't want to claim it.

On that note, I'll let this slide since you're really just asking ToonyMan to say why he thinks I'm Imperial and Toaster is cybrid. I'm pretty confident ToonyMan doesn't have any role information since he would of claimed that upfront, but hey, I'm wrong all the time. I'm also very curious about ToonyMan's thought process considering it currently looks as though he doesn't have one.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 02, 2010, 08:05:43 am »

On the other hand, if this is MYLO, more information is good.  I do agree that he probably doesn't have anything, because A) he hasn't brought it forward and B) he's wrong about me, at least.

Speaking of which, Toony, I believe you're ignoring some questions posed to you.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 02, 2010, 09:08:04 am »

Look I just have a nice feeling about it, game gets boring otherwise.  Zathras has shown some colors for us because of it.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 02, 2010, 09:21:34 am »

So. How do you feel about the apparent failure of your policy, Zathras, Otto? Do you really intend to continue using it, despite the fairly critical position the survivors are in at the moment? Do you have any suspicions that don't involve the word 'lurk', or do you ultimately plan to work your way up, heedless of what benign roles you end up taking out in the process?
When  the day was over, we still were practically in RV-stage. Who would you have lynched?

Oh, and ToonyMan, any chance you could explain your vote better?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 02, 2010, 09:26:19 am »

No one reads my posts do they?  :I

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 02, 2010, 09:38:01 am »

I fail to understand Ottofar, can you explain better?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 02, 2010, 09:38:17 am »

No, no, this is good.  I understand perfectly now.

Otto:  He doesn't need to explain more.  This link perfectly explains his thought process behind the vote.  In doing so, he has given us something to work with.

First, Toony, you need to go into more with Zath.  If you think he's scum from his reaction, why aren't you voting him?  If you think he's town, why are you throwing a vague statement that could be misinterpreted as casting suspicion at him?

Second, it shows that Person is pretty in the dark here.  His Toony vote is just pressure to get him to talk.  Now that he's explained his vote, do you still think he deserves a vote?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 02, 2010, 09:40:06 am »

He reacted quite violently to the whole affair, but I still think you're scum more.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 02, 2010, 09:50:53 am »

Wait... right. I need to get some sleep.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 02, 2010, 07:48:04 pm »

12 hours until day end, without extension.

Vote count:
Azure[1] <- Zathras
Zathras[1] <- Toaster
Toaster[1] <- Tooony
ToonyMan[1] <- Mr.Person
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 08:02:38 pm by GlyphGryph »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 02, 2010, 08:16:15 pm »

Unvote Zathras.

Ottofar, I think I've told you about Toaster's #1 Scumtell.  You've had plenty of time to catch up.  Give us the analysis you promised.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 02, 2010, 08:41:23 pm »

When  the day was over, we still were practically in RV-stage. Who would you have lynched?

No one, if we we're still randomly voting. This is a pretty risky game to be pulling that kind of move in, as has been proved. As a result a guard is dead, we're no closer to the scum than before and it's already a potential mylo. As far as I can tell, our only real option at this stage is a no vote, regardless of who our lynch choices are. Frankly speaking, unless a scum lynch can be guaranteed, anything other than a no vote could bring the game to a nasty close.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18