Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18

Author Topic: Cybrid Mafia II - Welcome to hell, the glitches have landed. - Game Over  (Read 26735 times)

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid Mafia II - Welcome to hell, the glitches have landed. - Day 2
« Reply #105 on: October 31, 2010, 10:29:16 pm »

Mr.Person is imperial and Toaster is the cybrid.

Interesting... you draw these conclusions from Joker's roleflip? Could you help us follow your reasoning?

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 31, 2010, 10:37:21 pm »

It's not from Jokerman's roleflip.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 31, 2010, 11:55:13 pm »

...then? I repeat: Could you help us follow your reasoning?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 01, 2010, 12:07:53 am »

Mr.Person has been keeping an active front while Toaster is pulling a facade.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 01, 2010, 12:16:07 am »

ToonyMan, what kind of facade is Toaster pulling, exactly?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 01, 2010, 01:10:45 am »

Doesn't look very convincing.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 01, 2010, 01:40:37 am »

Frankly, neither does yours. I've gone through D1 posts, and I don't see the active front/façade... So it must be based on night actions, yes? You realise you can't convince the rest of us to vote them unless you give us a bit more context on how you came by that information, yes? Even without revealing your alignment, if you wish, but give us something. Context, evidence, history, something. We can't just support you on faith. You may be pulling the whole thing out of your arse.

How do you know that "Mr.Person has been keeping an active front while Toaster is pulling a façade"?

Toaster, what say you to Toony's accusations? Have you an alternative theory to present?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 01, 2010, 07:54:08 am »

Wait. It was overseer. Hmph.

I'll see how this plays out for a few hours.

Oh and Zath, he was imperial, so now there is one imperial less. There's probably 2-2-2 situation on.

I'll analyze in a few hours. In a hurry now.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 01, 2010, 08:42:38 am »

Thank Christ Halloween is over. I swear, I'd rather die than paper-mache anything, ever again. I didn't even wanna lynch Joker, either; I'd simply forgotten the lynch I'd put on him at the start. >.> Ah, well; he'd have been lynched anyway.

Anyway. I think I know what ToonyMan is refering to, but I'll withhold my own conjecture for a little while longer to see what Toony himself can come up with. I don't plan to drop an argument into his lap, just in case. >.> I also notice that, while Otto has posted quite often, he's done almost as little as I have: IE, active lurking. Particularly interesting, sayin' as he also supported the lurker lynch.

So. How do you feel about the apparent failure of your policy, Zathras, Otto? Do you really intend to continue using it, despite the fairly critical position the survivors are in at the moment? Do you have any suspicions that don't involve the word 'lurk', or do you ultimately plan to work your way up, heedless of what benign roles you end up taking out in the process?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 01, 2010, 11:02:08 am »

Toony:  It's hard to respond to an empty accusation.  You say I'm putting up a facade.  How?  Where?  Support your attacks with evidence.  It's hard to respond to an attack that amounts to "OMG you're scum" with anything other than "OMG no I'm not."

Otto brings up an interesting point- this is potentially MYLO.  If the cybrid replaced someone's brain last night (a distinct possibility, given the lack of kill) then we need to think long and hard before someone hangs.  Lurking alone is absolutely not a good enough reason.  We need to keep an eye out for changes in behavior.

Azure:  That's a very soft attack there.  If you're going to accuse someone, come out and say you think they could be scum, like this: You could be scum trying to set up suspicion against others to protect your own position.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 01, 2010, 11:27:50 am »

Azure:  That's a very soft attack there.  If you're going to accuse someone, come out and say you think they could be scum, like this: You could be scum trying to set up suspicion against others to protect your own position.

Pfft, and so could you be; trying to set me up. Take your damn wine elsewhere. =/

I did what I could in the most sensible way I could. You'd have probably called me on an OMGUS if I'd have attacked Zarthas based on that, and Otto could be anything - hence the reason I'm waiting for an answer from both before I make a move. I'm also waiting for Toony to elaborate on his attack on you, so I can decide whether he's scum, nuts, nutty scum or if he has a fair point. 

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 01, 2010, 07:39:58 pm »

So. How do you feel about the apparent failure of your policy, Zathras, Otto? Do you really intend to continue using it, despite the fairly critical position the survivors are in at the moment? Do you have any suspicions that don't involve the word 'lurk', or do you ultimately plan to work your way up, heedless of what benign roles you end up taking out in the process?

Azure, that is disingenuous. I clearly said that I'd pursue lurkers and support their lynch lacking a scummier target. That doesn't mean you get a free pass if you keep lurking; lurking is in itself scummy. But based on recent developments, I'm pretty sure one of Toony, Person & Toaster will hang today.

Which one, and where my suspicions will consolidate, depend on how this situation develops. ToonyMan hasn't answered my questions. Toaster's "OMG no I'm not" seems sensible, but insufficient. Person has yet to add anything other than voting Toony.

In the mean time, Azure, I'll leave my vote on you. Hopefully that will encourage your participation. But no, it will probably not be there by end of day (unless you reveal yourself as scummier); it's just waiting for a clearer target.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 02, 2010, 12:15:52 am »

I'm not sure what more you're looking for, Zath.  He said I was scum and gave an extremely vague unsubstantiated reason.  Besides asking him for reasoning, all I could do is call him scum for throwing reasonless attacks.  Dipping into meta, though, Toony does that a lot.  I've tried to get reasons out of him before with little success, but this is the first time the tunnel's been pointed at me.  All I can do, then, is wait for him to give me his reasons.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 02, 2010, 12:19:34 am »

Azure, that is disingenuous. I clearly said that I'd pursue lurkers and support their lynch lacking a scummier target. That doesn't mean you get a free pass if you keep lurking; lurking is in itself scummy. But based on recent developments, I'm pretty sure one of Toony, Person & Toaster will hang today.
Why so sure?  That's awfully odd.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 02, 2010, 01:05:54 am »

I'm not sure what more you're looking for, Zath.  He said I was scum and gave an extremely vague unsubstantiated reason.  Besides asking him for reasoning, all I could do is call him scum for throwing reasonless attacks.  Dipping into meta, though, Toony does that a lot.  I've tried to get reasons out of him before with little success, but this is the first time the tunnel's been pointed at me.  All I can do, then, is wait for him to give me his reasons.
Oh, I agree, I did call it sensible. It's insufficient because Toony's argument is insufficient. He does do that a lot. Getting answers from him is like pulling teeth from a shark with a rubber chicken. However, I'm not ready to dismiss him quite yet. I want him to give us more to work with, and your defence will be better assessed then.

Why so sure?  That's awfully odd.
Well, considering that your claim is the first actually interesting thing that has happened in the game so far (except the flavour. I love the setting, it's just you guys that have been boring), I'd be surprised if it doesn't drive the conversation and eventually the lynch at the end of the day. But you're right, I shouldn't be so sure. There's plenty of time for other people to pipe in and show their scummitude.

And you haven't answered my questions. Give us context for your accusations, if you want support for them, or we'll be forced to conclude you are a scum seeking refuge in audacity.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18