Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18

Author Topic: Cybrid Mafia II - Welcome to hell, the glitches have landed. - Game Over  (Read 26733 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid Mafia II - Welcome to hell, the glitches have landed. - Day 1
« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2010, 05:06:27 pm »

Damn, I just realized I took a vote count about halfway through the last page, and then never actually posted it. I was confused why people wanted another one so soon!

Anyways:
VOTE COUNT!
Jokerman-EXE (4) <- Ottofar, Azure Sepulchre, ToonyMan, Zathras
Zathras (1) <-  Jokerman-EXE
Toaster(1) <- Mr.Person

Not voting: Toaster

Extends Used:
Toaster, Ottofar

ONE HOUR REMAINS IN THE DAY

« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 05:07:59 pm by GlyphGryph »

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 27, 2010, 05:20:01 pm »

Observations? Well, I gave two in the last post. Here's another one:
Hmph. I seem not to get anything on anyone. My solution is to lynch lurkers.
Hunt harder. Just because you're "not getting anything on anyone," you don't default to lynching lurkers. You try to find scum.

So.... your observations, achieved while doing nothing, are that other people also did nothing and observed that others didn't do anything either? "Hunt harder" indeed. How 'bout following your own advice?

And yes, lynching lurkers is a perfectly valid position when scum hasn't been found an hour or two before the end of the day. Do you think there'll be much hunting in the next hour to produce better targets?

Screw it. You hang. Your saying "hunt harder", is hypocritical, and saying "don't default to lynching me" is scummy.

Next game, if you don't want to hang, then "hunt harder"... and lurk less.
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 27, 2010, 05:28:11 pm »

Ha. You're a joke. And when I do hang, I want everyone to know that it's because you're the scum. Seeing as I'm not scum.

And that this only happened because the day got extended like, seven times. But that's just me being bitter.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 27, 2010, 06:01:29 pm »

The group argues a bit, hesitantly at first, in hushed voices, but as time passes, the argument grows more heated. Zathras, angry eyes peering from beneath his scarred face, point his finger at Jokerman-EXE, who had spent most of his time sitting in the corner, listening to the arguing.

"It's him, I'm sure of it! Look how he's stayed out of the limelight as we've argued, look how he sputters as I speak these words. Do you remember how he took Dethy's death in stride? How he strode forward and snatched the belongings of a dead man from his pocket? What human would react in such a way!"

Jokerman-EXE jumped to his feet at the accusation. "How dare you! I was simply doing what needed to been, and you fault me for it? You fault me then for observing, trying to find that subtle sign of cybrid influence, rather than thrashing around as you do, flinging accusations and making true progress impossible?"

"Ah!" says Zathras, "Now that the finger is pointed at you, you come to life! Only when you suspect we may turn on you do you begin to know fear - fear that all the rest of us feel simply by knowing that we are in your presence, glitch!"
Azure nods. "I agree, this man is clearly -"

Jokerman-EXE almost leaps forward, his fist catching Zathras in the jaw and sending him sprawling. Azure Sepulchre and Ottofar. He struggles with them for a moment before throwing Otto across the room. As he turns his his attention to Azure, pulling a knife from his boot with his now free hand, a loud sharp crack fills the room, and he goes limp. As Zathras climbs to his fight, he sees ToonyMan, shaking badly, clutching a small pistol in both hands.

A small whisp of smoke curls from the end of the barrel.

"Oh god... oh god... he... he pulled out a knife. He pulled..." ToonyMan drops the gun and slowly steps back, trembling. "I was just... I was just aiming for his arm! I didn't mean too..." He flattens his back against the wall, obviously struggling to supress the urge to throw up again.

Azure Sepulchre lowers the limp body to the ground, and then checks it's pulse. Nothing. "He's dead."

Mr.Person nudges ToonyMan in the arm. "Good shot, kid." and then laughs a bit. The laugh has a razor edge, though.

Zathras leans over the body, its eyes glazed over, and examines the bullet hole, coming out the side of the forehead, having entered from just behind the ear. "We need to find out if he was actually a glitch."

After some impromptu surgery with kitchen utensils, Zathras discovers a human brain inside a human skull, and everyone is taken aback. His id reveals him to be a loyal, if green, imperial recruit, assigned to guard duty at the recently lost colony. There's a flurry of argument, but then Toaster's voice carry's clearly over it all.

"I think we should all take a few hours to cool down. I noticed some personal rooms not far from here that locked from the inside. I think we should each claim one, lock our doors, perhaps get a bit of rest, and approach this situation with fresh eyes?"

There's some grumbling, but after a bit more conversation, everyone agrees it would be best to take a break - they are all tired, and hungry, and most of them have been up for well over 24, as few were able to sleep in the lead up to the battle. Everyone claims a room, and locks themselves in.

Final vote count:
Jokerman-EXE (4) <- Ottofar, Azure Sepulchre, ToonyMan, Zathras
Zathras (1) <-  Jokerman-EXE
Toaster(1) <- Mr.Person

Jokerman-EXE has been lynched! Jokerman-EXE was an Imperial!

Spoiler: You lynched... (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 06:38:05 pm by GlyphGryph »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 27, 2010, 06:40:41 pm »

It is now night. Night will last 24 hours.

Also, The Overseer account has been reinstated with an okay from Toady, so it should be active again tomorrow.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid Mafia II - Welcome to hell, the glitches have landed. - Night 1
« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2010, 04:53:01 pm »

After a good rest, everyone joins in the common room once more. A quick head count shows that everyone is still accounted for, and they immediately begin where they left of the previous day... trying to figure which of them is the glitch.

It is now day 2. 54 days remain.

(sorry for the delay, sequence of poor decisions. For example, today I accidentally blocked myself from the site for the entire day. :P)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 07:46:32 pm by GlyphGryph »

The Overseer

• Bay Watcher
  • You saw... NOTHING!
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid Mafia II - Welcome to hell, the glitches have landed. - Day 2
« Reply #96 on: October 31, 2010, 05:10:10 pm »

* ATT-*Bzzt* ATTENTION PASSENGERS -- ATTENTION *

COMPU- TER ANALYSIS UNNNNIT ACTIV-*brrzzzzt*ATED.

THERE ARRRR- ARE NOW ONLY SI- SI- *Bzzt* SIX LIFEFOOOOORMS Det-det-DETECTED ON BOARD.

* bzzzt * click - click
- click - whiiiiirrrrr* AUTO REPA-pa-PAir VOICE CIRCUITS IN PRoooooGRESS. * click - whiiiiiirrrrrr * ding! *

NOTIFICATION OF ATYPICAL FLUCTUATIONS OF LIFESIGNS, ELECTRICAL ACTIVITY OR PERNICIOUS SOCIAL PARAMETERS, ACTIVATED.

NOTIFICATIONS WILL BE ISSUED THROUGH PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT SOUND SYSTEM. BE ADVISED, SELF TESTS INCONCLUSIVE, ACCURACY SUSPECT. DATA PROCESSED NOT IN REAL TIME. VIGILANCE ENCOURAGED TO SUPPRESS AND REMOVE INFILTRATOR THREAT.

PROCESSING OF REPORTS ON RECENT EVENTS, COMPLETED. RESULTS FOLLOW.

INCONSISTENT BIOLOGICAL PATTERNS DETECTED FROM BUNKER SHARED BY HUMANOIDS IDENTIFIED AS TOONYMAN AND AZURESEPULCHRE. INVESTIGATION IS ENCOURAGED. HUMANOID TOONYMAN DISCHARGED FIREARM. FURTHER UPDATES AS DATA ALLOWS.

THAT IS ALL. HA-*bzzzt*-HaaAAAAVE A GOOD DAY.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 31, 2010, 05:35:28 pm »

Ottofar: What are your thoughts on Jokerman's roleflip? How do you think it affects the situation?

Azure: You are now in the hot seat for lurking. There's plenty of time for that to change, or for scummier people to appear, but get on it, or hang. Please grace us with your assessment of the situation, scumpicks, or speculations.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 31, 2010, 06:08:24 pm »

Alright, Overseer, I'll take your bait.

Jokerman, if you're going observe then give us some thoughts on what you've been observing.

I think Mr.Person is sidelining and Toaster is just asking questions to ask questions and nothing else.

ToonyMan, what exactly made you suspiscious of Jokerman? This seems like you just jumped on the wagon for the sake of being on the wagon.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 31, 2010, 06:21:34 pm »

He said he wasn't going to post but observe, so I voted him to post his observations.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2010, 09:39:00 pm »

Zathras:  You're going after nothing but lurkers.  Do you have honest suspicions of Azure or are you just trying to get him to talk?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 31, 2010, 09:47:25 pm »

Zathras:  You're going after nothing but lurkers.  Do you have honest suspicions of Azure or are you just trying to get him to talk?

The second, mainly. I want to get him (and all y'all) to talk. This game has been horribly lurky, and I essentially have no honest suspicions on anyone yet. That said, my day one argument stands: in lieu of a better target, hanging lurkers saves a purpose: if lurkers hang once in a while, people will lurk less. There's plenty of time before end of day for him to leave the "lurkiest" spot to someone else; I'm asking him to help himself by being active.

How 'bout you, Toaster? Do you have honest suspicions of anyone?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 31, 2010, 10:06:20 pm »

Nothing strong.  I don't have much to work with, so I went with the basics.  You and Toony were fourth and third votes on the lynch, which places you in bandwagon zone.  For a seven-man game, I'd say the third spot (Toony) is the strongest, since vote four was really overkill at that point.  Your focus on lurkers was verging on scummy, so I put the two together and came up with a line on you.  As far as your answer goes, it sounds like a straight up answer.  I'll be watching to see your reaction to hypothetical future content from Azure.

Since I did bring up his name, I'll bug him:  Toony:  You posted, but only to respond to a question.  What do you have to add to the discussion?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 31, 2010, 10:23:43 pm »

Jokerman was imperial.  :I

Mr.Person is imperial and Toaster is the cybrid.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 31, 2010, 10:24:07 pm »

Toaster.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18