Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Author Topic: Cybrid Mafia II - Welcome to hell, the glitches have landed. - Game Over  (Read 26751 times)

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid Mafia II - Welcome to hell, the glitches have landed. - Day 1
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2010, 03:49:11 pm »

Otto, if you could choose, which cybrid type would you like to be?
For a game this small I'd say Machinator, since it would be pretty good. Especially with Hunter brain in store.

I think we'll be facing either machinator - inquisitor-team or a lone hunter.  Pardon my grammar, I should get some sleep.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2010, 04:36:00 pm »

Person, assuming you were a rebel, would you rather lynch a cybrid or an imperial the first day?

I'd rather lynch an Imperial since lynching the cybrid today would mean the Imperials would win. That's how I think it works, I don't really care since I'm really looking for the cybrid.

Thank you for using the same Overseer account. You did change the password from the first game, right?

ToonyMan: Why would the Overseer try to play tricks? He's guaranteed to be Imperial, the most trustworthy of allegiances. This is clearly the work of a Rebel Snowman. Why do you think he would reveal his existence so early?

Ottofar, why leave out imperial from that choice?

Rebels are minor scum and the Cybrid are major scum.

That doesn't answer why you didn't have an Imperial choice.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2010, 04:55:56 pm »

Ottofar, why leave out imperial from that choice?

Rebels are minor scum and the Cybrid are major scum.

That doesn't answer why you didn't have an Imperial choice.

As in "which scum would you more like to be?".

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2010, 08:52:56 pm »

ToonyMan: Why would the Overseer try to play tricks? He's guaranteed to be Imperial, the most trustworthy of allegiances. This is clearly the work of a Rebel Snowman. Why do you think he would reveal his existence so early?

Hrm. Why are you ignoring the possibility of a Cybrid Ghost in favour of presuming it's a rebel, Person? You have nothing with which to warrant such a strong word as 'clearly'... unless you are the Cybrid and obviously know it wasn't you that hacked the Overseer. =/

Please. Explain.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2010, 09:46:00 pm »

Hrm. Why are you ignoring the possibility of a Cybrid Ghost in favour of presuming it's a rebel, Person? You have nothing with which to warrant such a strong word as 'clearly'... unless you are the Cybrid and obviously know it wasn't you that hacked the Overseer. =/

Please. Explain.

How could this possibly be a Ghost? Nobody's been converted yet.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2010, 10:06:14 pm »

Hmm... I think I may have read things incorrectly.

I was under the impression that the Cybrid got all the abilities under each heading (for instance, the Machinator would get Infiltrator, Ghost and Parasite). It obviously came across as OP'ed, but this seemed a different sort of game than usual. So I figured 'when in Rome' and went along with my impression of it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2010, 10:07:18 pm »

Otto, if you could choose, which cybrid type would you like to be?
For a game this small I'd say Machinator, since it would be pretty good. Especially with Hunter brain in store.

I think we'll be facing either machinator - inquisitor-team or a lone hunter.  Pardon my grammar, I should get some sleep.

If there's a hunter, we're really screwed, since he has a double kill.

Person:  Fair enough re my question.  Unvote Person.

Elegy:  Which of the three do you think is the strongest faction?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2010, 10:41:53 pm »

Just a note - if anyone wants rules or role clarifications for any of the listed roles, please ask in the other thread. I'll be happy to go over them in more detail - as I've said before, I DON'T want this round to be a bastard round. Just because there seemed to be a bit of confusion.

And FYI, Toaster, it looks like you're thinking double kill means "kill two people". Actually, it just lets you kill one person twice (bypassing things like healthy and doctor protection)

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2010, 10:43:19 pm »

Hrm. Read over the sign-up post again, and it seems I was quite, quite mistaken. My apologies. :(

In that case... it was a rather foolish move made by the Snowman - if, indeed, a Snowman is responsible. Perhaps the actual Overseer was just messing around or something. I suppose we'll just have to wait for clarification. >.>

In the meantime; which would you rather be, Person - Infiltrator or Parasite? Also, who would be your conversion target and why? A purely hypothetical question, of course.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2010, 11:26:53 pm »

Parasite. Shuts down roleflips so it's better than a Hunter. Parasite is the best cybrid role out there with only Infilitrator in the running at all. However, an Infilitrator that gets a Metagen loses unless it's 3p lylo, in which case he wins or loses based on the Metagen's whims, which are far from certain.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2010, 11:38:54 am »

I never read the rules yet so I didn't know there could be more than one Overseer, at least more than one who can use the thing.  I don't know why he revealed himself so earlier why don't you just tell him to come out and be killed?

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
  • sw33ter than sugar :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2010, 04:22:49 pm »

Elegy:  Which of the three do you think is the strongest faction?

I would hope the imperials are the strongest, but probably cybrid, since they have some pretty good roles on their side, and the possibility of making more of themselves with an already pretty small player base.
You could check announcements.txt and see what events might trigger that line.

EDIT: And hide all your picnic baskets.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2010, 04:27:18 pm »

Toaster, which wildcard role, excluding combos,  would you most like to be?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2010, 07:45:40 pm »

Ottofar:  The Sympathizer is probably the strongest of the bunch, since he's essentially a Mafia-Ally with scum-NK protection.

Joker:  Which faction would you like to be at a hypothetical 1 of each LYLO?  Which would have the worst odds?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2010, 11:59:55 am »

Days are 48 hours and everybody is lurking.

Everyone,
what do you think of that?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18