Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Absolutely absurd Political stories  (Read 2389 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Absolutely absurd Political stories
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2010, 11:03:53 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 09:23:58 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2010, 03:16:58 am »

EDIT: What the hell? How do you play cartoons on the radio?

From the link:

One of the more recent, visible instances of NPR programming that inspired conservative angst regarded an animated cartoon called “Learn to Speak Tea Bag,” which disparaged the Tea Party.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 03:48:47 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2010, 03:54:21 am »

Goddamit

I have to be honest, I'm rather impressed that they used MSNBC (without actually naming it) as a quote-source to use against NPR.  There's hope yet.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2010, 04:48:24 am »

Huh, Ann Coulter writes columns for Yahoo News?  I was wondering where she went off to.

Quote from: Matthew Continetti
Some might say that Palin's resignation was shortsighted and showed that she was not ready for the demands of executive office. But if Palin had remained governor, she would have been denied opportunities to rally the tea party and fight in the battle over the Obama agenda. She would have been stuck on a regional stage. Instead, she's back on the national one.

That is not a rebuttal to the statement "Resigning as governor was rash".  That is a rebuttal to the statement "Being governor would not interfere with political activism".  Resigning from being governor does not make you a better governor, it makes you not the governor.
Win.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2010, 05:01:20 am »

I have never heard of Ann Coulter and now I have. This made my day, this woman is absolutely hilarious.

Wait, what do you mean she's serious?
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2010, 05:05:26 am »

No she's not, no she's not, shut up, this isn't a thing, okay? It's not real. This women's mind cannot be that irretrievably fucked. Witches are involved, somehow.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 05:07:05 am by Jackrabbit »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2010, 05:14:36 am »

Witches are involved, somehow.

Witches?  In my politics?

It's more likely than you think!
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2010, 08:40:35 am »

It actually makes me wonder how we in the UK can actually say we have grounds for complaining about our politicians.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2010, 03:16:10 am »

I was hard pressed to find stories that are as glaringly relevant to this thread tonight. I tip my hat to Yahoo for this.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2010, 09:13:04 pm »

It actually makes me wonder how we in the UK can actually say we have grounds for complaining about our politicians.

There's something about this country that has a very, very bad effect on people's logical reasoning abilities, that's for sure...

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2010, 01:13:59 am »

This thread fills me with something dark, twisted, and Germanic.

Oh yeah, Schadenfreude.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2010, 10:25:22 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 09:24:54 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2010, 10:52:48 am »

The american people will believe anything, even in the complete absence of conflicting evidence.

Two days ago, I was talking to a man who was convinced that the cost of early voting in Maryland was astronomical.  So I told him that I had voted early and that the early voting station was a pretty straightforward affair and it wouldn't cost much.  He wasn't convinced.  So I stood right in front of him and estimated the costs of everything I'd seen, did the math out loud and explained to him why it was drop in a bucket compared to our state budget that tops ten billion.  He just smiled and said he knew it costs a lot.  Well, I looked up the costs when I got home: 3.5 million.  It took me all of three seconds.

So, 3.5 million compared to 12.5 billion or so comes out to about... %.03

And this guy was walking around telling everyone he knew that early voting was expensive, dammit!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 10:59:32 am by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2010, 01:59:58 am »

Not all crazies are American. Just the really loud ones, I imagine.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2010, 02:42:32 pm »

The american people will believe anything, even in the complete absence of conflicting evidence.

Two days ago, I was talking to a man who was convinced that the cost of early voting in Maryland was astronomical.  So I told him that I had voted early and that the early voting station was a pretty straightforward affair and it wouldn't cost much.  He wasn't convinced.  So I stood right in front of him and estimated the costs of everything I'd seen, did the math out loud and explained to him why it was drop in a bucket compared to our state budget that tops ten billion.  He just smiled and said he knew it costs a lot.  Well, I looked up the costs when I got home: 3.5 million.  It took me all of three seconds.

So, 3.5 million compared to 12.5 billion or so comes out to about... %.03

And this guy was walking around telling everyone he knew that early voting was expensive, dammit!

wow... that's a bit beyond anything I've seen, but I do know people who refuse to acknowledge the fact of global warming because " they only take ground temperature readings". Then again, this is texas..
Pages: 1 [2] 3