Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21

Author Topic: GG's Quick Bastard, Redux - Ressurection++ INTENSE STEEL - Day 7  (Read 40541 times)

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: GG's Quick Bastard, Redux - Ressurection++ INTENSE STEEL - Day 3
« Reply #225 on: November 06, 2010, 02:35:59 pm »

...and Toaster? how about you? Start of day message says you died, and came back to life again. What are you, Darth Sion or something?

Also Vector, Did you kill Web, after all?

Edit: kill, not will... damn it. Another grammar error. It must mean I'm scum... 8-/
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 02:57:06 pm by Zathras »
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 06, 2010, 03:18:40 pm »

Ooooh the SILENCE! It is DEAFENING!!

Zathras searches the little cairn of rocks where Vector's corpse once laid... and finds a shiny medal! He recognises it, and decides he was a fool for parting with it. He keeps it, pins it to his chest, and vows never to take it off.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 06, 2010, 03:34:41 pm »

I'm wondering if there's something more to these roles. In any case, since we have most of 4 role claims already, Toaster is the odd man out. If you're Red Scum, you could win after a Zathras lynch, thus I need you to claim now.

Also, I find that you posted "Mafiakill" in your scan of Vector, and that this doesn't even disturb you in the slightest, more than a bit troubling. Care to explain that? Vector, aside from sweeping it under the rug as a typo, what do you think of it?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 06, 2010, 05:24:54 pm »

Zath:  It is resurrection++, as in an increment of resurrection.

Soli:  I noticed that, but I also saw "You are Town", so I wrote it off as something else wonky.

Anyway, I am not red scum, red, or scum.  I'm team Cat, whatever that is worth.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 06, 2010, 05:39:15 pm »

Did your inspection of Vector also include which team she is?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 06, 2010, 06:20:31 pm »

Dog.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 06, 2010, 06:21:07 pm »

I guess that means there's a Dog, Cat, Red, and Blue.  I smell red herring.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 06, 2010, 06:43:19 pm »

l. o. l.

Vector doesn't have a crossbow... but she does have a one shot kill.

Night Action (One per Night):
Raw in Tooth and Claw: You have a one-shot night mafiakill.
Growl: You can intimidate another player, roleblocking them, but you may only do this once.
Howl: Your sound drives all other players mad. Ability targets are completely randomized for all players, but you may only do this once.

You are town. You win when the scum are eliminated.

I was in a mason chat with Vector, and Zath has access to it.  He tried to impersonate Vector, which should have ticked me off that he had something up his sleeve.

Also, yes, I win when scum are eliminated.  I didn't get a mention of other team victories.  My best guess is it's something akin to Rysith's semi-bastard, where each player was on a team (mathematicians, fictional characters, etc) which had a separate wincon- it's just that these are hidden this time.

Wait, watch this:
Night Action (One per Night):
Growl: You can intimidate another player, roleblocking them, but you may only do this once.
Howl: Your sound drives all other players mad. Ability targets are completely randomized for all players, but you may only do this once.

Don't see it?

How
You have a one-shot night mafiakill.

About
mafiakill.

NOW?!?
mafia

Lol. Really, Toaster?

Also, why wasn't I brought back to life? I can MAKE EVERYONE WIN!

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 06, 2010, 07:20:37 pm »

Aaaanyway, given that the hunting is sort of hohum at this point, I'm back to the puzzle.

Yesterday I thought there were two teams, red and blue, with two masonchats composed of a red and blue who didn't know anything about each other, and that the puzzle was for the Blues to break off that, and team up against the Red Menace. We saw how well that worked out.

There is, however, an element of colour around the game, which we evidently haven't figured out yet, unless (dare I entertain such thoughts?) Toaster and Vector have been untruthful in their claims.

See here:
1. Vector
2. Zathras
3. Toaster
4. Solifuge!
5. webadict

I am painted in Orange, and my role is blue. Thus I tried Orange colour against some (web, and after he died, Vector), and Blue against the one painted blue: Toaster. No effect, but I think there is something there we're not seeing.

Toaster, I'm blue and you're painted blue.
Vector, Soli is red and you're painted red.
"Blue cat" doesn't make any more sense than "red dog". If Toaster was Bull instead of Cat, we could at least have "blue dogs and red bulls", which were quite in vogue a week ago. But a cat makes sense as he seems to have nine fucking lives.

Is it possible that there is, after all, a team win condition hidden here? Toaster, is there anything you wish to say that would make me think we should team up? Is there anything you or Vector wish to say about Orange or Green?

Another remainder from the original post:
You get to know nothing in advance about the role setup, the setting, or even the win conditions.

[PPE]: Shut up, web, we all saw that, and it's obvious they are both covering up for each other. I don't buy anyone's claim of "town" at this point, as I find it utterly implausible that I'm the only scum; in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if there were three others. Lynching me and you three living happily everafter is not the puzzle's solution. Some combination of two-vs.-two, or four-way-free-for-all, are much more plausible than "pin the tail on the Zathras donkey and let him lynch himself". Aren't they?

For the nth time: "bastard" ain't a compliment.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 06, 2010, 07:46:29 pm »

One more thought about the puzzle: here are the rules posted at the start of the thread, sorted by colour.

Each day/night cycle will be about 24 hours. You get one 24 hour extend per day with unanimous agreement.
Dead players aren't allowed to vote/post in the thread.
Editing is allowed.
Everyone playing is required to make at LEAST one post on the first day, or be instakilled. It doesn't need to contain anything, it is just your initial sign in.

It will be both deadline AND hammer.
No PMs to each other allowed, unless otherwise states somewhere.
There are no prods or penalties for lurking, however..
I will never lie to you. Everything I say will be truth. I'll barely even twist things. There will be enough hidden in this game that deception will NOT be my goal. As such, what I don't say may be as much key to your victory as what I do...

All the green ones are clearly true (well, no one tried not posting D1, but that's irrelevant now). Are the red ones actual rules, or red herrings? Is the red meant to imply negation?
  • We indirectly saw that hammers were not immediate, although it's hard to see with 24hr cycles and day starting at the crack of frickin' dawn: GG didn't die when the hammer fell, but at the start of the next cycle; and there were a couple of minutes earlier while Vector was dead that I should perhaps have been hammered, but we're still here... maybe we aren't on hammers?
  • We haven't tried to PM one another (as far as I know), and no one has needed a prod, so no data.
  • I haven't caught GG in a lie yet, but his being dead and silent may have something to do with that.

I say that, as food for thought, it is possible that PMs are actually permitted. I wouldn't generally volunteer to test that, but giving that if I'm mistaken on the first point above GG could swoop in and declare me retroactively lynched in that little moment when the hammer could have fallen... if that's the case and I'm dead man walking anyway, I could give the PM thing a whirl, and if I'm not modkilled, I may come back and report.

GlyphGryph: if this is not the case, I would see it as a courtesy if you could drop by the mason chats or send me a PM before I fall flat on my face again and score my first ever modkill.

Edit: GlyphGryph has kindly confirmed that the red rules are also rules, and that I should not try to break them...

« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 10:02:34 pm by Zathras »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 06, 2010, 08:22:24 pm »

Bah, I just accidentally closed the window.

I don't have any idea as to what's going on right now.  Seriously.  None.  I'm going to have to go over the facts again, because this has just gotten seriously crazy.

I don't know why Toaster's inspection on me looks weird, and I don't know why Zathras got the wrong role.  Seriously, I have less than nothing.  I'm still for lynching Zathras, and given Solifuge's claim of Toaster's scumminess (plus my previous analysis) I'd go with him next--if we were playing a normal game.

Given the odd game and all our other data, though, I'm still for the lynch of Zathras.  Less certain on Toaster.

Finally, vis-a-vis the coloration, I'll note that people out of the game were colored green, whereas those in it were colored red in the first vote counts (might have something to do with the rules).  I have no color listed in my PM, and it seems that we have a few people who were colored, and a few who weren't.  It occurs to me, however, that I could have a hidden color without knowing it.

Erm... yeah.  Need to think about this one.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 06, 2010, 09:32:53 pm »

Web, you missed the part where it says "You are Town."  Given that, there's no guarantee on cop sanity, which I actually asked GG about.  He said there was a "sanity guarantee, but not a results one."  He could just be fucking with us.

"Blue cat" doesn't make any more sense than "red dog". If Toaster was Bull instead of Cat, we could at least have "blue dogs and red bulls", which were quite in vogue a week ago. But a cat makes sense as he seems to have nine fucking lives.

I'm not blue cat.  I'm cat, with no special indication of color.  Vector is similarly just dog.  Also, guess what my res power name is?

About your claim we're working together- the phrase is not "cooperate like cats and dogs."

Also, Soli, you're a idiot- why didn't you res Webadict so we could all win?

Any guesses as to Soli is listed as Solifuge! with the exclamation point?

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 06, 2010, 10:00:02 pm »

But a cat makes sense as he seems to have nine fucking lives.
Also, guess what my res power name is?
Nine fucking lives? That means we only have to kill you seven more times? Oh OK, that'll be easy... *grmph*

Quote from: toaster
I'm not blue cat.  I'm cat, with no special indication of color.  Vector is similarly just dog. 
About your claim we're working together- the phrase is not "cooperate like cats and dogs."
I wasn't so much saying you were "blue cat", but looking for a way that your catiness and you being coloured blue would jive with my role... but anyway it was just food for thought -- still looking to understand the puzzle.
Regarding the cooperation, I grant the phrase, and yet I am somehow not sold. You two share something; alignment, a colour you're not admitting, a wincon, a way out, complementary powers, I don't know... but something, for sure. Also, I seem to have misplaced the URL for that chat of yours, could you post it again, or send it to me via PM (though Leafsnail if you wish)? Thanks.

Quote from: toaster
Also, Soli, you're a idiot- why didn't you res Webadict so we could all win?
That is so true, that a monument should be built to commemorate it; I still don't get why he did it either. But I'm against the notion of resurrecting web. Can you imagine him, strolling back into the thread, all self important, dripping arrogant juice, risen from the frickin' dead to save us all from the misery of our own incompetence, to deliver us from defeat and into victory? Oh! he would be insufferable for ages! I'd rather lose than win like that.

Any guesses as to Soli is listed as Solifuge! with the exclamation point?
That was the Overseer's fault -- when Ottofar posted out, the Overseer posted in, but GG didn't seem to happy with the idea, so the top post said "The Overseer??" until Solifuge bumped him out and became "Solifuge!". GG seemed relieved not to have the Overseer as a player... I am of two minds about it; it would have added a certain dissociative surrealistic je ne sais quoi...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 06, 2010, 10:04:27 pm »

Also, I seem to have misplaced the URL for that chat of yours, could you post it again, or send it to me via PM (though Leafsnail if you wish)? Thanks.

... Either you're bluffing because you don't want to admit to impersonating me, or things have gotten even more confusing.  Crud.

Can you imagine him, strolling back into the thread, all self important, dripping arrogant juice, risen from the frickin' dead to save us all from the misery of our own incompetence, to deliver us from defeat and into victory?

Webadict Christ?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 06, 2010, 10:24:16 pm »

Damn shame, Zath, you should hang on to important things like that!  If you deserve access to it, ask GG- he'll give it back.  Anyway, I told you- same wincon, kill scum.

Don't give Web more fodder for his sig.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21