Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21

Author Topic: GG's Quick Bastard, Redux - Ressurection++ INTENSE STEEL - Day 7  (Read 40379 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GG's Quick Bastard, Redux - Ressurection++ INTENSE STEEL - Night 2
« Reply #210 on: November 06, 2010, 03:03:31 am »

...Smooth move Zathras. Smooth move.

Zathras is in a Mason Group with me. We have been hypothesizing, sharing our Role Powers with one another, and recently confirmed that we were on Opposite Color Teams (I'm Red Town). He claimed to have a night-kill, but I know for a fact he redirected my Role Investigation to Webadict last night, thus he couldn't have killed Webby... and thus I knew there was another nightkiller out there. I pointed out that Toaster also claimed to have Investigative powers, and hypothesized that each Mason Chat had a player from Red and Blue team, both with mirrored abilities. Thus, you, Vector, must have killed Webadict (correct me if I'm wrong) with your Crossbow.

This, though, just cleared everything up. My dear buddy Zathras naturally didn't inform me that he was Blue Scum; I'd been assuming we were the Town Chat, and you and Toaster were two unknowning Scumbuddies stuck in a similar Mason Chat. Zathras knew that he and I weren't allied, however, and I venture a guess judging by that recent gambit, that he thought that puzzle of the game was that the Blue Team were secretly Scumbuddies allied against the Red Team, and won together. Thus, upon realizing that you and he shared abilities (and most likely color), he attempted to make a deal with you, hoping that you'd both Win tonight, using your Crossbows/Poison to kill Toaster and I.

Smooth move, man! You should have held that Trump Card for tomorrow, because the Night is still young. I hope you enjoy reaping what you've sewn. :)

P.S. Since we've got 3 claims now, I know that Toaster is my Red Scum counterpart... and so long as the theory stands true, I know all of the role powers he has, if he hasn't shared them with you Vector.

Oh, this is exciting!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GG's Quick Bastard, Redux - Ressurection++ INTENSE STEEL - Day 2
« Reply #211 on: November 06, 2010, 09:00:57 am »

Vector has been killed in the night.
Toaster has been killed in the night.
Toaster has revived.
It is now day.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: GG's Quick Bastard, Redux - Ressurection++ INTENSE STEEL - Day 3
« Reply #212 on: November 06, 2010, 10:50:48 am »

I would like to resuggest screenshots of role pms.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 06, 2010, 12:02:40 pm »

Ok, quit that nonsense- it gives me a wicked headache.

Anyway, vote Zathras for being scum.

Do you still want my rolecop on Vector?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 06, 2010, 12:59:59 pm »

Auuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh fuckerrrrrs.

BAH!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 06, 2010, 01:33:35 pm »

Solifuge kneels by Vector's corpse... her face was frozen not with a look of fear or anguish, but a permanently angry glare, as if to say "Augh fuckers, Bah." Removing his hat once more, he lays the remains of the Shiny Medal on a small cairn of rocks and stones. May you rage on in Mathemagic Land, or wherever Newtonists go when they die.

It'd be useful to know what you got on Vector. Some verification of my theory would be good, because the game isn't yet over. Zathras it is, though. I'll repost his Role Powers as well:

Night Action (One per Night):
Crossbow: You have a one-shot night kill.
Poison: You can poison another player, but you may do this only once. They are weakened (Kill immunity is removed), and may not use an ability this night OR vote the next day.
Stealth and Misdirection: If target player targets you with an ability, you may instead have that ability not work OR target some third player instead.
Filch: You gain a random night action or ability belonging to target player, and they lose it. You may only do this once.

EDIT: Toaster, were you in a Mason Chat with Vector, or was the whole hypothesis wrong? If so, do you have anything to weigh in about Victory Conditions? I require that all Scum are dead, though I don't have anything explicitly addressing 3rd Parties.

EDIT EDIT: Unvote. I don't think the puzzle is yet over.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 01:41:17 pm by Solifuge »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 06, 2010, 01:54:48 pm »

Vector doesn't have a crossbow... but she does have a one shot kill.

Night Action (One per Night):
Raw in Tooth and Claw: You have a one-shot night mafiakill.
Growl: You can intimidate another player, roleblocking them, but you may only do this once.
Howl: Your sound drives all other players mad. Ability targets are completely randomized for all players, but you may only do this once.

You are town. You win when the scum are eliminated.

I was in a mason chat with Vector, and Zath has access to it.  He tried to impersonate Vector, which should have ticked me off that he had something up his sleeve.

Also, yes, I win when scum are eliminated.  I didn't get a mention of other team victories.  My best guess is it's something akin to Rysith's semi-bastard, where each player was on a team (mathematicians, fictional characters, etc) which had a separate wincon- it's just that these are hidden this time.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 06, 2010, 02:07:06 pm »

Vector has been ressurected.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 06, 2010, 02:09:31 pm »

*bows*

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 06, 2010, 02:11:20 pm »

"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 06, 2010, 02:13:17 pm »

Before the hammer is dropped, can you corroborate Toaster's claim of your role powers?

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 06, 2010, 02:23:33 pm »

Good morning, Vietnam!

Wow, what a confusing thing that was. Let me try to understand what was going on... weird stuff.

Also, all that other stuff yesterday, it was my evil twin or I was drunk or something... I was abducted by aliens and then Bigfoot came and used my computer. Yeah. That.

Let me think about this for a second...

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 06, 2010, 02:26:30 pm »

Before the hammer is dropped, can you corroborate Toaster's claim of your role powers?

Toaster is right, but my PM says nightkill rather than mafiakill--not sure what's going on there.  That said, there's been other rolecopping confusion, so I'm guessing it's just another fluke.

I have no idea why Zathras thought that was my role, but I went with it in hopes of tricking him to show his hand.

Also, all that other stuff yesterday, it was my evil twin or I was drunk or something... I was abducted by aliens and then Bigfoot came and used my computer. Yeah. That.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 06, 2010, 02:30:42 pm »

Vector, why did you resurrect?
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 06, 2010, 02:33:49 pm »

Vector, why did you resurrect?

Someone probably resurrected me.  I just got a PM that told me I was alive again, so I showed up.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21