Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21

Author Topic: GG's Quick Bastard, Redux - Ressurection++ INTENSE STEEL - Day 7  (Read 40397 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GG's Quick Bastard, Redux - Ressurection++ INTENSE STEEL - Night 2
« Reply #180 on: November 05, 2010, 04:49:44 pm »

a) Trying to get people lynched for such pitiable/imaginary reasons. (really? four words? that's it?)

I have lynched Pandarsenic as scum three times for using run-on sentences.  I have lynched Toony as scum another three or four times due to similar tells.  Most people say that these two people are unreadable.

Yes.  That's it.  This is how I catch scum on their first 5-word post of the game, at times.  Holmesian deduction, if you will.

b) Someone killed webadict. Earlier last day, I thought it may have been Toaster, but after yesterday's discussion and today's events, I'm leaning more to the "Vector did it" scenario.

And of course that would make me scum.

It is far from the only example.

Then provide the other examples, because right now you're puffing things out of proportion.  I cannot remember any such correlation.

d) You said about Toaster yesterday: "I have a solid case on you", which out of curiosity I went back to check. It's here, and as flimsy as the one against me. I'm not defending or condemning Toaster: I'm calling your analysis flimsy. I've only seen you do such perfunctory attempts at scumhunting as a screen when you are scum.

It's flimsy?  Better than anything you've put out.  That is a solid attack.  As far as I'm concerned, he's scum--but you need to die first, because you still aren't actually responding to anything I wrote about you, save the grammar.  Because it's easy, and you can laugh it off, as so many people try to.

I have made those sorts of attacks before, many times.  This is what a case looks like.  There is no need for massive amounts of foofaraw to go with it, when a simple statement of reasoning and condemnation will do.

The other sad thing is that the only time when you start attacking me is when I start getting in your face.  If that attack on Toaster was flimsy, why not say anything then?  No, it only matters when I'm here to find you, catch you, and kill you dead.

Note also that you pass me off as "crazy lady," thus providing a pejorative that will decrease the validity of my statements in the eyes of the viewing populace.  Cf. that argument Neruz had D2 with that one other guy in that one BYOR game (... sorry, I seriously can't remember anything more).

Furthermore, no one else seems to be paying any goddamned attention to this game.  Seriously, guys, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?  Do you want to actually do anything, or not?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 05, 2010, 05:13:33 pm »

Yes.  That's it.  This is how I catch scum on their first 5-word post of the game, at times.  Holmesian deduction, if you will.
I won't, but you go right ahead.

Quote from: Vector
It is far from the only example.
Then provide the other examples, because right now you're puffing things out of proportion.  I cannot remember any such correlation.
Gladly:
- Also from BYOR4
- BYOR5
- Rysith's SB

...I'm sure there are more, I remember one on BYOR:PE as well, but I couldn't be bothered to page through it. If people other than you would like, I'm sure I can find at least a couple more.

The sad thing is that if you hang for this tomorrow, you'll be more careful with it in the future, and will be even harder to find when scum. Oh well. That's Future-Town's problem.

Quote from: vector
If that attack on Toaster was flimsy, why not say anything then?  No, it only matters when I'm here to find you, catch you, and kill you dead.
Sure. That was up to Toaster's to reply to, not me. As is the case when two other people lock horns, one generally reads what they have to say, and makes inferences and so on, but actually defending the attack falls to the person being attacked, right? Now you're after me, so I'll give you some attention. If you then back off and attack Solifuge, I'll read it and interpret, but I won't likely jump in the middle of it unless I have a strong reason... This is as it should be, yes?

Anything else?
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 05, 2010, 05:28:37 pm »

This is as it should be, yes?

No.  It isn't.  You catch someone doing something, and you call them out on it.

Also...

Okay, seriously.  I've got a couple of theorems I absolutely have to go learn now, but the minute I have some spare time I'm going to get back here and try to figure out what's happening.

To be honest, I haven't had as much time for this as I'd like to--I'm suddenly back in school for the first time in five or six months, so the past few days have been surprisingly busy.

c) Your meta, which I pointed out yesterday. You are often busy, which is fine, but when town you just go "I'm busy", while when you're scum, you go "I'm very busy for the following list of detailed reasons! Get off my back!"

. . .

You're right on the BYOR4 one, but other than that you're looking for straws in haystacks because I'm the only other active player, and if you can kill me then you'll be home free.

Anything else?  Anything ELSE?  How about my other accusations on you than the grammar thing?  Seriously, I KEEP ON SAYING THIS and you keep ignoring me, you slimy little bum.  How about the part where you aren't hunting at all, but perk up your head when I levy an attack on you?  How about the part where you're being passive, rather than your usual playstyle which reeks of audacity?  What about the "Ooh, Web doesn't like Vector!  Here's an excuse!" mentality?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 05, 2010, 05:38:24 pm »

You're right on the BYOR4 one, but other than that you're looking for straws in haystacks because I'm the only other active player, and if you can kill me then you'll be home free.
Meh. The listing of reasons is the consistent part, but you're right the BYOR45 is not as bad as I remembered. I'm positive there are more, and I'll look for them if people want, but not you: you'd be just making me go through hoops, and you won't vote yourself anyway; it's for the rest of the people to decide when it's enough.

Anything else?  Anything ELSE?  How about my other accusations on you than the grammar thing?  Seriously, I KEEP ON SAYING THIS and you keep ignoring me, you slimy little bum.  How about the part where you aren't hunting at all, but perk up your head when I levy an attack on you?  How about the part where you're being passive, rather than your usual playstyle which reeks of audacity?  What about the "Ooh, Web doesn't like Vector!  Here's an excuse!" mentality?
I'm not hunting much because I'm playing with the toy. I perk up when you call me because, well, you called me. The rest: bah.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 05, 2010, 05:44:57 pm »

I'm not hunting much because I'm playing with the toy. I perk up when you call me because, well, you called me. The rest: bah.

You heard it here first, folks.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 05, 2010, 05:55:56 pm »

IDE/ Theory: When webadict dies, everyone else becomes roughly twice as confrontational to compensate.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 05, 2010, 06:01:15 pm »

IDE/ Theory: When webadict dies, everyone else becomes roughly twice as confrontational to compensate.
GO SUCK A LEMON!

Hheheh... maybe you are onto something there. The "Law of Conservation of Bile"?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 05, 2010, 06:53:46 pm »

Tell Zathras to shut up and that it's pretty obvious that I DIDN'T KILL ANYONE. Seriously, did I shoot myself? What an idiot! Next he's gonna claim that my being a third party and my wincon being I need EVERYONE'S ROLES and that I CAN'T BE THE ONLY SURVIVOR with NO ROLE FLIPS THAT KILLING ANYONE AND EVERYONE IS GONNA BE A FREAKING SOLID IDEA!?!? HEY, HOW ABOUT THIS ONE: REMEMBER WHEN I CLAIMED THE FIRST DAY THAT I CAN MAKE EVERYONE WIN?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? NO??? OH WAIT!

God, he is beyond mentally incompetent that words fail to describe the lack of intelligence he suffers.

Now, back to the game: It's a freakin' puzzle, you idiots. If you want to play it like a regular game, lynch the crap out of Vector. I'd suggest playing it like it's a freakin' puzzle, but hey, I'm dead. Plus, my way would have WORKED ENTIRELY, but no. I was killed.

Now, here's a shocker. If I was killed, it means scum did it because someone is hiding it. Now, that means:

1) Scum kill by knowing role names. This is the most likely scenario, as I was the one that died, there's two claimed role cops, and there's some fishy behavior going on here.
2) I would suggest no lynching, to test out the theory. Why? Why not? Seriously, it's not like it'll matter.
3) If I come back to life, then I better see Vector and Solifuge claim first. Somebody did something that killed me, because I didn't action.
4) I told you we wouldn't have role flips. But no. Don't listen to the "guy who knows too much," ya stupid morons.

Zathras, suck some lemons. Toaster, skip straight to smashing them in your eyes. Vector, go die. Solifuge, what are you even doing?

Webadict, your argument requires that both of the two claimed Role Cops lied about the Scan results. However, it doesn't all add up. Since Zathras claimed first and Toaster seconded it, we have two possibilities:

1) What Web says is true: Zathras gave a false Scan Result. This would necessitate that Toaster lied as well, since he seconded the result. In order for Web to be telling the truth, we need to have 2 Scum/3rd Party players, though neither have to be Role Cops.
2) Web is lying, and trying to cover up something about his role: Zathras gave a true role scan, meaning Web was indeed 3rd Party, and Toaster may or may not have lied to say that he also scanned Webadict.

The more plausible of the two cases is the first one, since I can't see what Web would have to gain from a lie if he's currently dead and barred from winning. However, it requires a series of lies to be possible. In either case, Toaster is the one most likely to be Scum in either Scenario.

So again we come to Toaster. By the way, I didn't get the Shiny Medal. Assuming that it ever existed, it was lost when you died. The clock's ticking. Click. Click.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 05, 2010, 09:17:01 pm »

How does Web's message indicate that the scan result is wrong?  Your argument makes no sense, Soli.

If you want proof of my claim, then it's easy- I'm checking someone else's role tonight.  Zath can keep his mouth shut initially in case we cop the same person.  That person can then confirm my claim is accurate.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 05, 2010, 09:43:13 pm »

How does Web's message indicate that the scan result is wrong?  Your argument makes no sense, Soli.

If you want proof of my claim, then it's easy- I'm checking someone else's role tonight.  Zath can keep his mouth shut initially in case we cop the same person.  That person can then confirm my claim is accurate.

I also didn't quite get what Soli was trying to say, but still, Web's message did leave a funny after-taste. Given this roleflip that I posted earlier, can you carefully review the text, comparing it with the result you received, and tell us if there is any discrepancy? Web's note seemed to imply he didn't have a NK (though he's not the most clear-spoken and eloquent fellow). If your result doesn't say he did, or if there are other differences, then one of us is lying (or otherwise set up by the game/mod). Please confirm.

Webadict: Team America, World Police (Third Party)

Sleuth Diplomacy: You can night kill other players.

You, and all surviving players, win if you know the name of each other player's role. You are only allowed to attempt to win this way once per day - you must submit the name of all players and their respective role name in a public post with the header "I DECLARE WORLD PEACE!". Having cataloged everyone, you can thus insure world peace... if you are right.

Note: If you are the last surviving player, you have no one to act superior towards. You lose.

Also, Manual, unofficial votecount. (Yeah, it's night, so no hanging, but it's still useful, and it's a bastard, so hey, who knows, maybe there are night hammers too.)

Solifuge [ 0]:
Zathras  [ 1]: Vector
Toaster  [ 1]: Solifuge
Vector   [ 1]: Zathras

Not voting: Toaster.       Three to Hammer (I assume)

Please let me know if I missed something... or post your own.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GG's Quick Bastard, Redux - Ressurection++ INTENSE STEEL - Day 2
« Reply #190 on: November 05, 2010, 10:00:59 pm »

I'm still trying to figure out how come the shiny medal was different (if indeed it was, and not the whole thing an invention by Toaster). I'll post some theories, please let me know what you think, or alternative suggestions.

- It was mentioned but not used the first time it came up: It's a possibility, and the main reason I added the laser pointer, coins, and other crap when I did the last one.

- It was mentioned at night, and used during the day: This would prevent us from an experiment today, but we can invoke new stuff to try it on tomorrow.

- It was intended by the mod somehow: this theory is that, if Toaster did indeed get the PM about it, that it was GG just yanking his chain (and ours, by extension) conjuring up a random useless object/ability. Sounds petty, but bastard is not a compliment.

- It was shiny, and it was given: no other things (that I recall at the moment) in the flavour have been shiny (yeah, I'm grasping here, but I'm trying); the only other thing that was explicitly given from one player to another was Toaster's toast to Solifuge (the medal doesn't count, since his PM told him he lost it), though that seems rather trivial. Soli, did you get the toast? I also offered pizza around at the beginning of the game, but no one took me up on it; I suspect it too would have had an effect (though it's too late now).

- It is some sort of easter egg: Other than the couple recent ones, I've not followed/played any of GG's other games. He does seem quite creative and not repetitive, which is an ideal set up for easter eggs. Does any of the old hands know him to do such a thing? Does it fit with his overall Mod personality? If this is true, it could account for the resurrection, and would make Toaster's claim of already having one an (unverifiable) lie.

...more ideas as they come to me. What else was different about the medal? Can we trust Toaster's claim of a PM about it? As far as I can tell, all other attempts to interact with the world via flavour text have failed -- unless Webadict did die of paint allergy? I doubt it, but I've painted Vector, so we can verify that tomorrow. Also, if the death was caused by paint, it would mean the scum didn't kill last night, which seems improbable.

We can probably set some of these up to see if they have an effect today or tomorrow. Suggestions welcome.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 05, 2010, 10:25:46 pm »

Zath:  Well... not exactly the same.  I did get two PMs from GG.  The first matched what you posted, minus the once per day correction.  (It had it as once.)  The second mentioned the correction about the once per day you mentioned.  However, it also changed his day ability slightly, as well as minor changes throughout.  See below:

You are Team America, World Police: Third Party.

Night Actions:
Sleuth Diplomacy: You can night kill other players.

Win condition:
You, and all surviving players, win if you know the name of each other player's role, including dead players. You may only attempt this once per day - you must submit the name of all players and their respective role name in a public post with the header "I DECLARE WORLD PEACE!". Having cataloged everyone, you can thus insure world peace... if you are right. If you are wrong, you lose your vote for the day, and can take no night action.
Note: If you are the last surviving player, you have no one to act superior towards. You lose.

I underlined the difference.

Anyway, my guess is the flavor has to fit (at least) three criteria to count: be italic, be purple, and be said in the day.  By most rule sets, we shouldn't even be talking, so perhaps nothing said during the night "counts."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 05, 2010, 11:05:51 pm »

Sounds fair. He did mention when he sent the "once per day" correction that he was transcribing it instead of copy-pasting it, so that would explain it. OK, I buy your sincerity about being a rolecop, and therefore you didn't kill webadict. Who did, then?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 05, 2010, 11:08:24 pm »

What's the deadline again?

We're quite tied, at the moment. Perhaps we should try for a no-lynch, and see what happens?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 05, 2010, 11:10:40 pm »

It's night, so I'm kind of doubting we can have a lynch of any sort.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21