Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21

Author Topic: GG's Quick Bastard, Redux - Ressurection++ INTENSE STEEL - Day 7  (Read 40412 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: GG's Quick Bastard, Redux - Ressurection++ INTENSE STEEL - Night 2
« Reply #165 on: November 05, 2010, 08:01:23 am »

Now that that's over with...

Also, apparently you guys drowned me.  The flavor is still there- we just don't see it.

Sadly, that whole lynching thing made me lose the medal.

Speaking of flavor, maybe is has to be italic AND purple for it to work?

Toaster searches around hurriedly for the medal he lost at the day end "incident."  After a few minutes of searching, he finds it!  He then swiftly throws it to Solifuge.

"Catch!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 05, 2010, 01:37:53 pm »

Now that that's over with...
Also, apparently you guys drowned me.  The flavor is still there- we just don't see it.

Heh, I had intended to vote Vector with that post of mine last night, which would have made for a no-lynch. I didn't realise I hadn't until I saw the day over post today. Still, no-lynch regardless. I guess things work out on their own, yes?

Seeing you survive that gives me a bit more confidence about your earlier claims for innocence, as I don't recall having ever seen a scum with a resurrection... have any of you?

About that drowning flavour: can you post it here? We are starved for flavour since GG's death, and it may provide some additional clues.

Quote from: Toaster
Toaster searches around hurriedly for the medal he lost at the day end "incident."  After a few minutes of searching, he finds it!  He then swiftly throws it to Solifuge.
"Catch!"

Hey! I wanted it...   :-(

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 05, 2010, 01:45:20 pm »

Yes, I've seen scum with rezzes.  Namely, Org in one of the BYORs.

I'm sure there are others, but that was the one that pissed me off the most.

What I want to know is if we can actually do anything at night.  It seems that we can't lynch, so maybe we can only do stuff with flavor... more on that later.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 05, 2010, 01:57:20 pm »

I'm still paranoid about posting what the PM said, but since Zath did it with no repercussions:

After the sorry debacle where everyone turned on your during the day and "tested" drowning on you, you are quite surprised to later find yourself surprised, on account of how you're still alive enough to do it.

You notice that the medal you were wearing has gone missing.

You've been lynched. You've been revived. You've lost a medal.

Also, from day prior:

You got pegged in the back of  the head with a shiny medal.

You found a medal!

Shiny Medal Once per day or night, you may to choose to throw the Shiny Medal at another player. You lose this ability, and they gain it. This ability has already been used today.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 05, 2010, 02:10:03 pm »

The flavour suggests the medal was indeed involved in your resuscitation, which a) removes the plus on your innocence I mentioned earlier, but b) gives you partial credit still for admitting it, while c) raising a host of flavour-related questions, if flavour was able to give you an actually useful ability, while nothing else apparently had.

Also, we never "tested drowning on you" with flavour text, did we? I shot you with a nerf dart and gave you a medal, and you built a throne, heard ghostly whispers and made some toast, that's all I recall. Whence the "drowning"?

Curiouser and curiouser.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 05, 2010, 02:27:01 pm »

I've always had the res.

I'm guessing the lynch flavor would have involved drowning me, had it actually been posted.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 05, 2010, 02:42:48 pm »

Well, so much for that then. I guess the medal was indeed useless, but it doesn't answer why that flavour had actionable effect while others didn't...

Hmmm... Zathras calls to the Heavens  "Woe! O woe is me! How terrible my trials! Please, dear God/Mod, I beseech thee, favour me with a flavourful and useful gift that will enlighten my understanding of this nightmarish place and its inhabitants!"

Zathras raises his arms and gestures emphatically while doing this, when, suddenly, the clouds part, and a small Gryph, seemingly only a hatchling, comes flying down, circling, circling, and finally sitting on Zathras's right shoulder. On its left leg is a small pouch and a note.

The note reads
"check your messages for a new ability, and directions on how to use the contents of the pouch". Having delivered his cargo and message, the Gryphling flaps its wings and flies away, the sky returning to its previous cloudy, gloomy state.

Zathras is happy, and will go check his messages for the good news that surely await him.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 05, 2010, 03:12:59 pm »

I think dead players can edit their previous posts.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 05, 2010, 03:21:36 pm »

I think dead players can edit their previous posts.

What do you mean? A quick check reveals no new edits by either GG or Web since their deaths... or were you proposing to them a way to post without breaking the rules? How about that, GG? Could you just keep this votecount updated with the latest votes and with the latest flavour?

Also, rereading:

Having delivered his cargo and message, the Gryphling flaps its wings and flies away, the sky returning to its previous cloudy, gloomy state.

Crap. its cargo and message, dammit, its! Vector: another grammar error. I'm glad it's night, or you'd have enough evidence for a summary execution on me by now.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 05, 2010, 03:26:41 pm »

Without breaking the rules-thingie.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 05, 2010, 03:38:28 pm »

Crap. its cargo and message, dammit, its! Vector: another grammar error. I'm glad it's night, or you'd have enough evidence for a summary execution on me by now.

You know I'm talking about saying "Are you scum, too" and "Are you scum, three" as your errors.  Those are slips.  I'm not talking about usual grammar problems, unless you start making so many of them that they belie nervousness.

Furthermore, when I asked if you were scum, you did not answer.

Otherwise, I find it interesting that most of your actions in this game have been to power up yourself and try to kill everyone else.  You aren't running attacks on people, just occasionally shooting across their bows.  You are not playing your town game.  As such, I am prone to think that you are scum.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 05, 2010, 03:39:24 pm »

Beep!  You have one new message.

Tell Zathras to shut up and that it's pretty obvious that I DIDN'T KILL ANYONE. Seriously, did I shoot myself? What an idiot! Next he's gonna claim that my being a third party and my wincon being I need EVERYONE'S ROLES and that I CAN'T BE THE ONLY SURVIVOR with NO ROLE FLIPS THAT KILLING ANYONE AND EVERYONE IS GONNA BE A FREAKING SOLID IDEA!?!? HEY, HOW ABOUT THIS ONE: REMEMBER WHEN I CLAIMED THE FIRST DAY THAT I CAN MAKE EVERYONE WIN?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? NO??? OH WAIT!

God, he is beyond mentally incompetent that words fail to describe the lack of intelligence he suffers.

Now, back to the game: It's a freakin' puzzle, you idiots. If you want to play it like a regular game, lynch the crap out of Vector. I'd suggest playing it like it's a freakin' puzzle, but hey, I'm dead. Plus, my way would have WORKED ENTIRELY, but no. I was killed.

Now, here's a shocker. If I was killed, it means scum did it because someone is hiding it. Now, that means:

1) Scum kill by knowing role names. This is the most likely scenario, as I was the one that died, there's two claimed role cops, and there's some fishy behavior going on here.
2) I would suggest no lynching, to test out the theory. Why? Why not? Seriously, it's not like it'll matter.
3) If I come back to life, then I better see Vector and Solifuge claim first. Somebody did something that killed me, because I didn't action.
4) I told you we wouldn't have role flips. But no. Don't listen to the "guy who knows too much," ya stupid morons.

Zathras, suck some lemons. Toaster, skip straight to smashing them in your eyes. Vector, go die. Solifuge, what are you even doing?

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 05, 2010, 03:59:55 pm »

Oh Wubba, we miss you so!

Some reactions, if I may:

Tell Zathras to shut up [...] What an idiot! [...] God, he is beyond mentally incompetent that words fail to describe the lack of intelligence he suffers. [...] Zathras, suck some lemons.
Webby, I love you too. But go suck a llama.

Quote from: llama-sucking-deathspawn
It's a freakin' puzzle, you idiots. If you want to play it like a regular game, lynch the crap out of Vector.
With this, I actually agree 100%. I've been playing it like a puzzle, as far as I can. As I said earlier, the lack of scientific curiosity of several of these people disturbs me. I've tried what I can think of, and have a couple more ideas, but we'll see. I am of course open to suggestions. And yes, lynch Vector.

Quote from: rainbow-puking-carebear
4) I told you we wouldn't have role flips. But no. Don't listen to the "guy who knows too much," ya stupid morons.
I think that's directly related to the hammering of the mod, which by the way was (partly) your doing. It will really suck if we don't know if we've lynched scum or not, but we'll do what we can. We'll know who's won when the game is over.

And also,

You know I'm talking about saying "Are you scum, too" and "Are you scum, three" as your errors.  Those are slips.  I'm not talking about usual grammar problems, unless you start making so many of them that they belie nervousness.
Furthermore, when I asked if you were scum, you did not answer.
Otherwise, I find it interesting that most of your actions in this game have been to power up yourself and try to kill everyone else.  You aren't running attacks on people, just occasionally shooting across their bows.  You are not playing your town game.  As such, I am prone to think that you are scum.
Bah, the first was a pun on yours, and the second was a pun on my pun. Again, hardly "massive", I consider them akin to the "its"... and I'd see them as a single entity, not two entries on your list, but once again, knock yourself out, it's not me you've got to convince with your "case".

As for the other: I'm not scum, and I'm not playing a normal town game because this is not a normal game, it's a puzzle. And a bastard one at that, with the added challenge of modless flavour and limited feedback. But yes, we're all keeping our eyes open for scumtells, and will lynch scum when we see them. I want to win the game, but I want to solve the puzzle more, frankly, which I expressed clearly in my original reservations about killing the mod.

But y'all make your own minds. And then lynch Vector.   ;-)

Too bad you can't hang at night.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 05, 2010, 04:15:41 pm »

Bah, the first was a pun on yours, and the second was a pun on my pun. Again, hardly "massive", I consider them akin to the "its"... and I'd see them as a single entity, not two entries on your list, but once again, knock yourself out, it's not me you've got to convince with your "case".

As for the other: I'm not scum, and I'm not playing a normal town game because this is not a normal game, it's a puzzle. And a bastard one at that, with the added challenge of modless flavour and limited feedback. But yes, we're all keeping our eyes open for scumtells, and will lynch scum when we see them. I want to win the game, but I want to solve the puzzle more, frankly, which I expressed clearly in my original reservations about killing the mod.

But y'all make your own minds. And then lynch Vector.   ;-)

Too bad you can't hang at night.

And this is why you are scum: because you can't make a case on me, and use Webadict as an excuse.  At the same time as you say "let's play it like a puzzle" you say "let's get Vector out of the way," and ignore my attacks.

You make me sad.  Really fucking sad, because this is one of the more pitiful scum games I've ever seen.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 05, 2010, 04:38:12 pm »

Dear Crazy Lady,

The case on you is one you made yourself:

a) Trying to get people lynched for such pitiable/imaginary reasons. (really? four words? that's it?)
b) Someone killed webadict. Earlier last day, I thought it may have been Toaster, but after yesterday's discussion and today's events, I'm leaning more to the "Vector did it" scenario.
c) Your meta, which I pointed out yesterday. You are often busy, which is fine, but when town you just go "I'm busy", while when you're scum, you go "I'm very busy for the following list of detailed reasons! Get off my back!" If someone wishes validation of this meta, I invite them to compare my quoted paragraph yesterday with the second item in my sig, where she was also scum. It is far from the only example.
d) You said about Toaster yesterday: "I have a solid case on you", which out of curiosity I went back to check. It's here, and as flimsy as the one against me. I'm not defending or condemning Toaster: I'm calling your analysis flimsy. I've only seen you do such perfunctory attempts at scumhunting as a screen when you are scum.
e) Webby said so, and webby is always right. (just kidding)
f) You float, therefore you weigh the same as a duck, therefore you are scum. Lynch'er!!!! (getting silly now).

It's there. Less than there would be in my normal town game, to be sure, but that's because we've been concentrated on other aspects, without leaving much effort to spend on scumhunting, or indeed, in scumslipping.

But enough of that for now. Even if you are to hang, it will be 36 hours from now, so I intend to spend most of the time remaining toying with the puzzle. You'll hang in due course.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21