Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21

Author Topic: GG's Quick Bastard, Redux - Ressurection++ INTENSE STEEL - Day 7  (Read 40415 times)

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: GG's Quick Bastard, Redux - Ressurection++ INTENSE STEEL - Day 2
« Reply #150 on: November 04, 2010, 05:42:33 pm »

In lieu of an actual mod, I hereby post Webadict's roleflip. You obviously don't have to trust it, or even trust that it's indeed Web's, but it was an inspection result, he's dead, and I think the more information we have, the better, so here goes.

Webadict: Team America, World Police (Third Party)

Sleuth Diplomacy: You can night kill other players.

You, and all surviving players, win if you know the name of each other player's role. You are only allowed to attempt to win this way once per day - you must submit the name of all players and their respective role name in a public post with the header "I DECLARE WORLD PEACE!". Having cataloged everyone, you can thus insure world peace... if you are right.

Note: If you are the last surviving player, you have no one to act superior towards. You lose.

Edited to add this correction:
Quote from: GG
Crap, minor correction - that was supposed to be once per day.
I assume the bolded portion is what he referred to, but I'm not positive.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 07:03:51 pm by Zathras »
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 04, 2010, 08:01:54 pm »

I can verify Zath is telling the truth- I role copped him last night as well.  The obvious question is this: Does anyone have a revive?  If so, we no-lynch today, res him overnight, everyone post their role names, and everyone wins.

Solifuge:  I say I was too busy role copping him to be able to kill him.  Since Zath clearly was as well, that leaves you or Vector- so I know one of you two killed him.  Unfortunately, I don't have any real evidence to narrow it down to one of you definitively, so I'm going to unvote for a minute while I try and figure out which of you did it. 

Vector: You usually have deep, well reasoned out arguments.  Using the Org theory of scummitude and grammar is somewhat weak, coming from you.  What is different in this game that you arguments run light?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 04, 2010, 08:27:26 pm »

Maybe everyone should just take a screenshot of their role pm and post it here?  Nothing in the rules against it.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 04, 2010, 08:59:04 pm »

Nice. At least he's staying in touch.

Hey, aren't you dead? I shot you, dammit!

Just for the purposes of SCIENCE, can you confirm if you  a) got a PM from GG saying you weren't dead, or b) you assume you aren't dead since you've not received one and no death note has been posted here?

And on the topic, has anyone received any feedback regarding yesterday's experiments? The nerf gun, the throne, the lollipop, the crossbow, the sticky drool, the ghostly whisper, the paint today, or something else? anything?The RPG suicide didn't seem to have an effect on me.

Darth Vader voice: I find your lack of scientific curiosity... disturbing.

Oh, one more thing. Rereading yesterday's:
He sits down on a rock by the lake, events weigh heavily on his shoulders. As he settles, he notices several pieces of debris by the rock's side. A little pouch labeled "clownbullets". A NERF® gun. A tin of paint. Some plastic balloons. A crossbow. A rocket-propelled grenade launcher. A small shiny medal. Some other little shiny things. He picks them up, and begins to inspect them.

I forgot all about the medal. For completeness sake:

Zathras reaches deep into his pockets for the rest of the debris he found yesterday. Amongst the mess he finds some rusty coins, thumbtacks, a philips screwdriver, a poisonous dart, a mirror, a laser pointer... and a shiny medal. He had seen that yesterday, but forgot all about it.

"Hey Toaster buddy, I appreciate your confirmation of the role thing and all, but would hate see it turn into wine... regardless, in appreciation I present you with this shiny medal. It goes nicely with the polish on your appliance's chrome exterior. Wear it with pride."

I'd like to know if flavour has any effect on our actions at all, and if so, whether we are hosed by the loss of the mod or not.   *sigh*

ETA: No, I don't have a revive. And I don't think posting screenshots is necessary, as we can apparently quote the mod, so we could just post our role PMs directly... not that that's a path I recommend, but the option seems to exist.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 09:19:12 pm by Zathras »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 04, 2010, 09:14:11 pm »

I was Nerfed for nothing, but I did just get a Shiny Medal ability.  Once per day or night, I can give it to someone else.  I lose the ability and they gain it.  Apparently useless.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 04, 2010, 09:18:27 pm »

I was Nerfed for nothing, but I did just get a Shiny Medal ability.  Once per day or night, I can give it to someone else.  I lose the ability and they gain it.  Apparently useless.

Edit: How about you do something flavourful with it and let us know if it works?

Edit2: Another idea: put it on GG's or Web's corpse, maybe it will revive them?
(I'm not sure if reviving Web is something we necessarily want, since he's a third party with a NK, but still, it's an option)

Edit3: Rethinking, yeah, if you like the above idea, put it on GG, not Web -- I think we need the flavour more than we need him, but up to you. But that's only under the supposition that it actually does something...
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 09:29:14 pm by Zathras »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 04, 2010, 09:37:43 pm »

To my knowledge, the flavor text has had no tangible effect on me, nor have I gotten any notes from GG about them. I'd like if you could provide some confirmation of that ability, Toaster.

Use the ability to give it to someone, and they can verify that Zath's flavor had a tangible effect on the game. If it did, I still don't think we're going to get any real functionality out of it.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 04, 2010, 09:41:38 pm »

To my knowledge, the flavor text has had no tangible effect on me, nor have I gotten any notes from GG about them.

So... you don't know that you are alive, you just assume you are because no one has told you otherwise? It's Shrödinger's Solifuge!   Back to being an undead!  8-)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 04, 2010, 10:46:20 pm »

Sadly, I can't until tonight- it's a one shot per... phase? Day?  It's hard to tell from the description, so I just asked for clarification.

I tried to declare myself King to see if I'd get a self-kingmaker effect, but that obviously did nothing.  Hmmm...

Having nothing else to try, Toaster does the one thing he does best.  He cooks a slice of bread golden brown, crispy, and delicious.  He then hands it to Solifuge.

"Enjoy!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 04, 2010, 10:59:27 pm »

Also, Soli, do you have a revive?

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 05, 2010, 01:16:19 am »

Hey Toaster, I have a flavourful idea to try during the night -- if you haven't thought of anything better, can you give me back the medal before end of the day, in flavour? (if you did get a PM about it, you should perhaps also send GG a PM letting him know).

Sorry to be all giveth and taketh away, it's just a weird idea to try, but if you want to keep it or have something cool to do with it, that's fine too...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 05, 2010, 01:21:23 am »

Vector: You usually have deep, well reasoned out arguments.  Using the Org theory of scummitude and grammar is somewhat weak, coming from you.  What is different in this game that you arguments run light?

I have a solid case on you, and I have two massive scumslips from Zathras, and I am working pretty goddamned hard IRL.  Look, I don't know what else you want, but I don't really feel like bullying you to the ground.  I just don't have the energy for it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 05, 2010, 01:47:15 am »

I have two massive scumslips from Zathras[...]

I didn't notice the second, the only one I saw you pointing out was parroting "too" back to you, which, if you consider that "massive"... sorta explains that quote someone has on their sig from you: "you can do a lot with three inches."   ;-)

But hey, who am I to tell you how to measure things, right?

I've been rereading trying to see if there's something fresh I missed, but frankly there isn't a whole lot on anybody. I do have a feeling that Vector is scum, though, mostly because of the way she has played the game in general, rather than something quotably specific. I'm not sure I believe Toaster's claim of N1 actions, but if it were real, I'm liking the option of Vector dropping Web last night, rather than Solifuge. Though it could click the other way around too...

The closest I see to evidence would be this:

If by "surprisingly quiet" you mean "I post every time I have a chance," okay.  I'm happy to write up some of the proofs I've been doing, but seriously, man, I have two hours of class (plus two hours of transportation), plus homework (often three hours or more, seeing as I'm in a novel-writing course), plus looking for housing, plus housework, plus studying math in whatever spare time I have left.  I do not have oodles of time to dick around playing mafia, and I'm barely on the net at all nowadays.

Yes, you are busy. You are often busy, but the only times I've seen you post a detailed, itemised account on how much and why you are busy, is when you are scum. When you are town, you usually go "I'm busy", when you are scum, you go "I'm busy, for the following twelve reasons, in detail, so get off my back". So yeah, it's meta and all, but there's not a lot more to go on. It's just an overall impression of your play. At least I'm not calling it "massive".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 05, 2010, 02:17:44 am »

*shrug*

Might also be because I'm in memory-mode right now.  I'm writing this memoir thing.

Sorry, dude, things are on the crazy side at the moment.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 05, 2010, 07:28:02 am »

Day 2 is over.
Toaster has been lynched.
Toaster has died.
Toaster has been resurrected.

It is now night 2.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 07:31:33 am by GlyphGryph »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21