Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21

Author Topic: GG's Quick Bastard, Redux - Ressurection++ INTENSE STEEL - Day 7  (Read 40411 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: GG's Quick Bastard, Redux - Ressurection++ INTENSE STEEL - Day 2
« Reply #135 on: November 04, 2010, 08:35:43 am »

Quiet- you're dead.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 04, 2010, 02:10:29 pm »

After many hours of silence, Toaster begins to get worried.  The three other survivors sit there motionless, saying nothing.  The only noise other than his own voice he has heard is a ghostly whisper that sounded like it came from a dead man.  Are they diseased?  Has the stress from the unusual situation caused three separate mental breakdowns?  Only time will tell...
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 04, 2010, 02:11:15 pm »

Well, I'll medium webadict's angry rants that will inevitably come later.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 04, 2010, 02:12:19 pm »

Back to Zathras for his massive slip.

Frankly, I think the secret to this "bastard mod" might be that we're playing a normal game.  So I'm going to find the scum, and I'm going to lynch lynch lynch.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 04, 2010, 02:20:30 pm »

PPE: Not a peep for the whole time I was writing, and then as I'm about to post, 3 new posts popped up.

It is now Day 2. Webadict is dead.
So, we don't even get a role-flip with that. I take it that's a Bastard Mod thing?

Dead players aren't allowed to vote/post in the thread.
You can't post or vote when you're dead, but that alone doesn't take you out of the game. Webadict, try using a side action at your first opportunity, and PM Leafsnail to copy a message explaining what you tried (nothing explicitly denies copying someone on a PM either, so he should be able to copy you exactly), and if you have any further info to share.

PPE: Semi-Ninja'd. Still, GG, let us know if this is a rules infraction.

Solifuge, who do you think killed Webadict?

What kinds of people would kill Webadict:
A) If Web was Town/3rd Party, Scum/SK-analogues who believed him, and were concerned with the prospect of everyone winning.
B) Town Vigilante-analogues who strongly mistrusted him, and were concerned with the nature of his roleclaim.

It's not a rule, but Vector seems to like his company, even when on another team. She's also been erring on the Town side, and I don't see her Vig-Killing Wubba unless she felt strongly that he was Scum (and she only pointed mildly that he was sniffing for rolenames/playing lyncher). Zathras had reasons behind the D1 hammer-vote, so I'm dial back the Scumosity a bit there. His suspicions towards Webadict were also focused on the nature of his claim. You, Toaster, voiced the strongest suspicions of him, and have also been lurking it up, with little input... you behaved toward him like a direct threat.

With this, I conclude that Toaster is the best fit for A), and Vector is the best fit for B). Given that, Toaster, what say you?

EDIT: One of my links lead to Toast.com. Minor Copypastrophe.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 02:58:17 pm by Solifuge »

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 04, 2010, 02:28:01 pm »

Quote from: Solifuge
PPE: Not a peep for the whole time I was writing, and then as I'm about to post, 3 new posts popped up.
Me too. I'll catch up with the rest after I post this one.

It is now Day 2. Webadict is dead.

Could you possibly get any more cryptic or laconic? Maybe it's my fault for hammering you yesterday, but it seemed like the thing to do under the circumstances. Once you were revealed as a vote target it was bound to happen sooner or later...

...but this lack of feedback is really making it difficult to figure this out. Feedback form the system is a necessity if one is to understand it. And no, silence is not feedback.

How about the rest of you dudes? Did anyone experience any effects from last night's little experiment? Does anyone think Webadict died due to an ORANGE paint allergy? Hmmm... I guess we'd better try that and the pending one from last night.

"Vector, if you don't mind, let me get this on you" Zathras said as he got more of that
ORANGE paint from the tin. Vector didn't seem happy with the idea, but found herself unable to run away, her legs rooted to the place where she was standing. Zathras placed a little bar stool by her side, climbed up, and poured the ORANGE paint all over Vector. She moved her hat out of the way and let it dangle from the still embedded crossbow bolt, to ensure it wouldn't interfere with the procedure.

One utterly
ORANGE Vector later, Zathras went over to Solifuge. "Hey Soli, we left something pending, you and I", he says fingering the Watery-Tart-killing-gun loaded with daykilling clownbullets, "you see that big yellow lightbulb up there? It means it's day. Let's finish the experiment". Soli's eyes were big as plates, but also failed to run away. It seems the need for understanding was paramount after all.

Zathras wields the gun, aims at Solifuge's head, and fires.  * BANG *

Solifuge drops dead on the spot.

"Hmmm... it seems to work, then."

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 04, 2010, 02:41:15 pm »

What, the Org thing? Knock yourself out, but good luck forming a case out of that. I still don't really get what you are talking about, but I guess I don't have to.

Quote from: Vector
Frankly, I think the secret to this "bastard mod" might be that we're playing a normal game.  So I'm going to find the scum, and I'm going to lynch lynch lynch.
I'd find that oddly anticlimactic, but sure, let's find some scum and lynch them. As it's just you, me, Toaster, and Solifuge's corpse, I'll go with Toaster. No real reasons, but if I vote you, Toaster would (perhaps) be able to just hammer either of us. I'd rather not leave it to a coin toss.

I'll do a quick reread for scummitude, but I don't know there's much to find.

Hmmm... Votecount?
Hopefully?

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 04, 2010, 02:46:14 pm »

Manual, unofficial votecount.

Solifuge [ 1]: Toaster    (Soli may be dead now, so it may not be a valid vote)
Zathras  [ 1]: Vector
Toaster  [ 1]: Zathras    (+1, Solifuge, if corpse's votes count)
Vector   [ 0]:

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 04, 2010, 02:49:27 pm »

What, the Org thing? Knock yourself out, but good luck forming a case out of that. I still don't really get what you are talking about, but I guess I don't have to.

The Org thing and the grammatical errors.  It sounds like you're pre-disposed to considering yourself a member of a scumteam, since you errored out twice in a row.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 04, 2010, 02:54:06 pm »

The Org thing and the grammatical errors.  It sounds like you're pre-disposed to considering yourself a member of a scumteam, since you errored out twice in a row.

So, you're voting me for... grammar?

I still don't get it. And I'd accuse you of the same, as "errored" fails my parser -- "erred" is the correct verb. I would, but I won't, since to my surprise, Webster seems to agree that "errored" is a valid neologism. Ugly, but valid. Whatever. Let's go down the grammar path, I like it... 8-)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 04, 2010, 02:59:49 pm »

Indeed.  To be honest, this is how I've found most of my top prizes and killed them.  Pandarsenic, especially.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 04, 2010, 03:18:36 pm »

Indeed.

Ooo... kay. As I said, I don't get it, but I guess I don't have to. Knock yourself out. There are also a couple of grammar errors on my long experiment post; I saw them, but editing still feels kind of dirty, so I left them in. More evidence for you, I suppose.

For the rest, I have no real scumhunting data on you, other than your drive to get someone to hang (which could be innocent enough, or not). Your and Soli's analysis on Toaster earlier seems valid, but too flimsy and circumstantial to build a case; in lieu of a better one, and since I'm already voting him, I'll go with that. I haven't found anything really useful myself yet but I'll search later today. People talking more would be useful, but unless GG pipes in a bit more I can't blame them for being quet quiet/skittish. I am skittish myself about the overall situation.

It would be really helpful if we knew Web's alignment.

Edit: changed "quet" to "quiet". Crap, the evidence against me mounts!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 03:26:16 pm by Zathras »

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 04, 2010, 04:59:00 pm »

Maybe you shouldn't have killed the host without a damn good reason if you wanted roleflips, you guys!

Uhm... "we", I mean..."we".

But I have a suspicion that if we clap our hands together and believe, we can bring the Watery Fairy back to life! Join me, you guys!

*CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP*

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 04, 2010, 05:03:13 pm »

Also, I don't see anything in the rules about quoting the mod, so I'll go ahead and risk a modkill if I missed it:

Quote from: GG
Would someone mind posting in the thread "Maybe you shouldn't have killed the host without a damn good reason if you wanted roleflips, you guys!"

Because, being dead, I'm no longer allowed to post them according to my role, and am in fact not allowed to post in the thread at all except to announce deaths and day/night transitions. So phtttt to you guys!

To which I say: Phtttt back to you! You'd better make a retrograde rule change or exception for that (I'm sure you'll get agreement from the players) because otherwise this game is going to get really really dull.

ETA:
What do we have to lose?
The game?
Seems I was right... not lose it as in "defeat", but lose as in "we no longer have it". Sad. It did seem like a good idea at the time, and was inevitable once we saw votes against him held, but sad regardless.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 05:07:08 pm by Zathras »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 04, 2010, 05:25:28 pm »

Quote from: GG
Would someone mind posting in the thread "Maybe you shouldn't have killed the host without a damn good reason if you wanted roleflips, you guys!"

Because, being dead, I'm no longer allowed to post them according to my role, and am in fact not allowed to post in the thread at all except to announce deaths and day/night transitions. So phtttt to you guys!

Nice. At least he's staying in touch.

For the rest, I have no real scumhunting data on you, other than your drive to get someone to hang (which could be innocent enough, or not). Your and Soli's analysis on Toaster earlier seems valid, but too flimsy and circumstantial to build a case; in lieu of a better one, and since I'm already voting him, I'll go with that. I haven't found anything really useful myself yet but I'll search later today. People talking more would be useful, but unless GG pipes in a bit more I can't blame them for being quet quiet/skittish. I am skittish myself about the overall situation.

Speaking of Toaster, I've yet to hear him address or rebut anything, and by my votecount he's the current lynchee. If the Toaster has anything to add, he may want to pop up.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21