Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21

Author Topic: GG's Quick Bastard, Redux - Ressurection++ INTENSE STEEL - Day 7  (Read 40417 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: GG's Quick Bastard, Redux - Ressurection++ INTENSE STEEL - Night 1
« Reply #120 on: November 03, 2010, 03:04:26 pm »

At a wild guess, I'd say it's fairly easy to resurrect people.

Also, according to the rules list, Glyphgryph isn't allowed to post anymore.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 03, 2010, 03:20:22 pm »

Well, that was less informative than I hoped. But it takes a turn for the surreal, which I like. Talking at night also feels kind of perverse... So, night action time...

That would suck. If we get no more votecounts, we're hosed.

Hmmm... Toaster. Votecount? Please? From the other side? Sorry 'bout the gunshots?
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 03, 2010, 04:39:13 pm »

Well, that was less informative than I hoped. But it takes a turn for the surreal, which I like. Talking at night also feels kind of perverse... So, night action time...

That would suck. If we get no more votecounts, we're hosed.

Hmmm... Toaster. Votecount? Please? From the other side? Sorry 'bout the gunshots?
Unlynch?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 03, 2010, 05:45:19 pm »

That'd probably be the green text, right?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 03, 2010, 05:53:25 pm »

That'd probably be the green text, right?
I am no longer voting Glyphgryph. I also want to see what other mayhem I can cause.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 03, 2010, 05:56:15 pm »

Well, it's "night" now anyway.

Offer for pms is still open.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 03, 2010, 06:08:03 pm »

Well, it's "night" now anyway.

Offer for pms is still open.
Psh. If you want to PM, that's fine. I've already listed my role out in the open.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 03, 2010, 07:42:50 pm »

Interesting thought.

Unlynch GlyphGryph.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: GG's Quick Bastard, Redux - Ressurection++ INTENSE STEEL - Day 1
« Reply #128 on: November 03, 2010, 07:55:49 pm »

Zathras? Where did you get a gun? What are y-

Hey! I got a gun! I wonder where I got it. Might it be.... Phiascozo's gun?! THAT WOULD ROCK!

Heheh... we ought to try that. Too bad it was for daykills and it's night now. And hey! There's a bunch of other weapons lying around. In the interests of trying to find out what this bloody game is about:

Zathras sighs deeply as he watches the Watery Tart's body roll back into the lake, pushed discreetly by Solifuge. He notices he is still holding the gun that did the bloody deed. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but the results were not as informative as hoped. What else could he try to understand this crazed, lifeless ghost-town of a world?

He sits down on a rock by the lake, events weigh heavily on his shoulders. As he settles, he notices several pieces of debris by the rock's side. A little pouch labeled "clownbullets". A NERF® gun. A tin of paint. Some plastic balloons. A crossbow. A rocket-propelled grenade launcher. A small shiny medal. Some other little shiny things. He picks them up, and begins to inspect them.

As he starts reloading the gun with the bullets in the pouch, he calls to his companions-in-grief, and asks them to participate in an experiment.

"It's all for SCIENCE, guys! We have no chance if we can't
understand what we are doing...."

Reluctantly, but hopeful for answers, the rest of the crown gathers around. All know some are enemies to one another, but understanding seems to be a common goal.

"OK, I say we do this: I'll use one of these things on each one of us, myself included, and we'll see what happens. The effects will not be immediate, I believe, but we should know one way or another soon enough. You game?"

"No! Screw you!" they all yell at once. Too bad they are not the ones writing the flavour text.

They line up, while Zathras goes through his inventory.

"First up, Toaster." Zathras loads the NERF® gun with several
BLUE darts, and aims carefully. *Pfft* *Pffft* *Pffft*

"Do you feel any different" he asks. "No, not yet" replies Toaster.

"Next up, Solifuge". Solifuge tries to run away, but Zathras' draw is quicker than those spinely legs. He aims the gun that killed the Watery Tart squarely at Soli's midsection, and fires. *BANG!*

Solifuge stops running, but is not dead. Doesn't even appear to be in pain. "Hmmm... nothing, it seems" says Solifuge. "It may be that the clownbullets were designed for daykills, and it's night. We'll see if they do something tomorrow, or if they are just duds", responds Zathras.

"OK, who's next? Vector! Front and center, please". Vector seems not to hear, too concentrated on finding the circle's quadrature, matter complicated by the weirldy non-euclidean properties of this place. Zathras approaches, loading the crossbow. "I'm sure you understand, it's for science". She looks up, just in time to receive a crossbow bolt centered above her eyebrows. "Didn't seem to do much," she says "but at least will keep my hat in place".

"Webby, I seem to be out of weapons, but we may try these" Zathras says, filling one of the balloons with
ORANGE paint. "Hey, I just got my monocle polished!" protests Webadict. "...if you know what I mean" Zathras quips with a wink, and throws the filled balloon at Webadict's face, which explodes and covers him with the orange paint. "What... the hell?! What frickin' purpose did that serve?" he says, clearing his eyes. "I don't know, I guess we'll see" says Zathras, quite sincerely.

"OK, my turn" Zathras says, while loading the RPG, visibly nervous. Who knows how this may go, but it's for science. He raises it up to his head, but finds out that aiming an RPG to one's temple requires longer arms than his. He calls to Solifuge: "Hey buddy, can you give me a hand?" "Sure thing! It'll be a pleasure" Soli replies, taking the RPG from Zathras and aiming it squarely at his solar plexus. "Ready?" "No, but shoot anyway". *KABOOOM*

The smoke clears, and Zathras is still standing there. Covered in soot, his shirt and hear partly blown off. Looks like a typical cartoon explosion. "Hmmm... seems I survived it too, at least for now" he says, still somewhat shaken by the experience.

Did we learn nothing? Was this a useless experiment? I guess only time will tell. Thank you for your solicitous participation. Not that you had much choice, but still. Find and enjoy a lollipop by the door.

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 03, 2010, 09:20:14 pm »

Toaster collects the discarded Nerf darts and pries off the suction-cup tips.  Finding some gum on the ground, he chews it up to make a fastener.  He then fastens the dart tips to a rock with two flat sides.  Finally, he sticks the dart tip side against a tree, with the other flat side up.  He then sits on his improvised throne.

"I declare myself King of all that I see!"  Having bellowed this, he sits back with a regal gleam in my eye.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 03, 2010, 09:26:31 pm »

Vector sucks on her lollipop.  It is enormous, with a rainbow swirl throughout.  Sticky drool runs down her chin.

Somehow, she feels that everything is getting clearer.  She arrives at greater understanding.  Is it the sugar rush?  Is it her godly mathematical powers kicking in again?  She does not know, but all the same, her mind feels settled and open to whatever comes next.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 03, 2010, 09:28:24 pm »

Webadict isn't here right now...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GG's Quick Bastard, Redux - Ressurection++ INTENSE STEEL - Day 2
« Reply #132 on: November 04, 2010, 08:06:05 am »

It is now Day 2. Webadict is dead.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 04, 2010, 08:34:16 am »

Solifuge, who do you think killed Webadict?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 04, 2010, 08:34:36 am »

It is now Day 2. Webadict is dead.
That's impossible. I was never in this game!

Solifuge, who do you think killed Webadict?
Probably you.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21