Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21

Author Topic: GG's Quick Bastard, Redux - Ressurection++ INTENSE STEEL - Day 7  (Read 40448 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GG's Quick Bastard, Redux - Ressurection++ INTENSE STEEL - Day 1
« Reply #105 on: November 03, 2010, 02:02:33 am »

Other ideas welcome.

There's the idea in my post where we lynch Toaster for being a scummy little bastard.  For a post you prompted, you aren't paying much attention to it.

What, are you scum, too?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 03, 2010, 02:05:34 am »

I did read it, but if I vote Toaster, he ties with GG's two votes, and end in no-lynch, which my post clarified is what I was trying to avoid. Any way to bring a hammer on anyone else but GG in the next hour or two?

For a post to which you responded, you didn't seem to pay much attention. Are you scum three?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 02:21:14 am by Zathras »
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 03, 2010, 02:09:30 am »

I did read it, but if I vote Toaster, he ties with GG's two votes, and end in no-lynch, which my post clarified is what I was trying to avoid. Any way to bring a hammer on anyone else but GG in the next hour or two?

There's also Solifuge, who is theoretically online and seems to be ignoring the game's developments..

Are you scum too?

Nope.  But you just failed the Org Theory of Scummitude.

Especially because your "too" doesn't make any sense in this context unless you're scum, whereas mine obviously referred to my vendetta on the appliance.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 03, 2010, 02:20:44 am »

There's also Solifuge, who is theoretically online and seems to be ignoring the game's developments..

Hmmm... I don't know that a hammer on Toaster would be necessarily better than a hammer on GG, but I'm OK with going along with it. If Soli comes and votes Toaster (or puts anyone else at L-1), I'll hammer them. Random lynch is better than no lynch.

...I should qualify that: I will not self-hammer.

Quote from: vector
Are you scum too?
Nope.  But you just failed the Org Theory of Scummitude.
Especially because your "too" doesn't make any sense in this context unless you're scum, whereas mine obviously referred to my vendetta on the appliance.
I remember hearing your Org theory earlier, but I forget the specifics. In any case, you read too much into a post typed in 30 seconds designed to mimic the post above as closely as possible. But consider me scum if you wish.

I like the editing thing... watch the oh-so-scummy "too" disappear!   8-)

ETA: Crap. The "three" doesn't make sense either. It must mean I'm scum.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 03, 2010, 03:00:04 am »

My vote took. Looks like I'm not dead after all. Take that, Zathras! Also, I'm still at the compy, I'm just busying myself with much creative flailing elsewhere. I haven't forgotten about y'all though... you guys are always in my heart of hearts.

Hmmm... I don't know that a hammer on Toaster would be necessarily better than a hammer on GG, but I'm OK with going along with it. If Soli comes and votes Toaster (or puts anyone else at L-1), I'll hammer them. Random lynch is better than no lynch.

I intended to unvote you after that test was over, Zath, but this keenness to lynch anyone is rather scummy, by my reckoning. I don't know your usual play style, but you've been consistently twitchy and audacious, and it's been ramping up more recently. Do you have any strong feelings about the scenario or the lynch, or are you just going along with things other people propose?

My vote stays on you. A small game like this leaves less room for mistakes, and you're committed to making a spectacle of yourself.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 03, 2010, 03:10:54 am »

My vote took. Looks like I'm not dead after all. Take that, Zathras! Also, I'm still at the compy, I'm just busying myself with much creative flailing elsewhere. I haven't forgotten about y'all though... you guys are always in my heart of hearts.

Heheh, I hadn't noticed you hadn't posted since then. 8-)   Yeah, I was pulling your leg with the death thing, I am amused that you took it seriously.

[...]you've been consistently twitchy and audacious, and it's been ramping up more recently. [...]and you're committed to making a spectacle of yourself.
This is about right. I'm not precisely a quiet sort of guy. And in a game like this, making a spectacle of one's self ought to be a plus, not a minus. I like it quite a bit for the surreal aspect if nothing else. I have no qualms about making a spectacle of myself or seeming audacious, rambunctious, foolhardy or even sanguine.

but this keenness to lynch anyone is rather scummy, by my reckoning [...] Do you have any strong feelings about the scenario or the lynch, or are you just going along with things other people propose?
I think a random lynch is better than a no lynch, specifically in this 5/6-people bastard scenario. We need information, and a role flip will give us information. A no lynch won't. A lynch of the mod would be iffy in that sense, but I'll take it. Night will come in either case.

Is that scummy? In a normal game, sure, but this is not a normal game, and the clock is a-tickin'. You may consider me scummy if you wish, but I mean to hang someone today, to maximise our chances to understand the game and keep going.

It seems that the only one at L-1 is GlyphGryph. Unless someone has a good reason not to hammer him (assuming that it takes three to hammer, which we really don't know), I'll drop it after I go for a smoke. Say ten minutes or so.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 03, 2010, 03:32:23 am »

No further thoughts or objections? Very well.

Unvote.

Vote GlyphGryph.

Vote No Lynch
(which hopefully restores flavour)

Which, added to Webadict's and Toaster's should make three, for a lovely HAMMER!

EDIT: Attempting to undo the Mod's lynch.

What do we have to lose?

I guess we'll find out.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 08:10:29 pm by Zathras »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 03, 2010, 07:21:27 am »

As they argue, the water parts, and the iridescent woman steps forth once more.

"Ah, my children, I have been watching you, and it has been quite enjoyable, but it is getting late and the sky grows dark. I have a arranged a small cabin for you up each of these paths, in which you can spend the night. But before we begin the next step, there is something that needs to be done.
Webadict, if you look down, you'll notice you have to shadows. The rest of you may occasionally notice someone who does not seem to belong participating, yet staying out of your direct notice. I'm afraid one of the unpleasant remaining denizens of this world has infiltrated our little game, but it should be fairly easy to deal with."

Suddenly, the shadows steps away from webadict, and turns his head to the others. The young child opens his mouth "No, no, don't let here do this! You can't-

The Overseer is no longer allowed to post here. THREAD BAN! lololol
Now that that little problem has been taken care of, we can get back to who, if anyone, you five wish to... uhm, why are you all looking at me like that? Webadict, what are you doing? Don't slink around to my side like that! Zathras? Where did you get a gun? What are y-

Vote Count
GlyphGryph[3]
Zathras[1]
Toaster[1]

GlyphGryph has been killed.

It is now night
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 07:42:10 am by GlyphGryph »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: GG's Quick Bastard, Redux - Ressurection++ INTENSE STEEL - Night 1
« Reply #113 on: November 03, 2010, 07:42:40 am »

Congratulations. Now what guys?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 03, 2010, 07:57:40 am »

Um.  Well.  Either unlocked thread nights were intended all along, or we just killed moderation (and possibly flavor) from this game.

Anyway, Vector:  My excuse is that I was pretty out of it last night, and didn't put much energy into this game.  It's a crap excuse, but it is what it is.

As far as scum hunting goes, I'm sticking with my original suspicion of Webadict.  Mafia is a game of informed minority versus uninformed majority.  It follows from this that if you know too much, you're probably not of the town.  Still say we need to keep an eye on the edit-happy Zathras, though he very well could just be playing with a new toy.

Hm, does night voting work?  Webadict.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 03, 2010, 08:14:43 am »

Dude. I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING MORE THAN YOU!!!!! WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THIS? MY ROLE LETS EVERYONE WIN IF I KNOW THEIR ROLE. IF THERE IS A SCUM, WHICH THERE MIGHT NOT EVEN BE, WHAT MAKES ME ANYMORE SUSPICIOUS THAN YOU? Think about it you stupid moron: You're doing a whole heck of a lot less than anyone is, and I'm trying to win, plus get everyone else to win.

Fine. I'll test it. I'm Team America, World Police. I can declare world peace as long as I know everyone's role. Anyone else brave enough to solve a puzzle? Or are we gonna do nothing? Besides, if I die, we know it's probably Toaster or Vector.

Try this, though: Edit out your votes for Glyphgryph. What happens then?

P.S. Zathras never edited out his vote. Did anyone else do it?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 08:38:54 am by webadict »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 03, 2010, 10:15:57 am »

Well, then.  Can't argue with Zathras if he's going to come out and say it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 03, 2010, 10:17:03 am »

Try this, though: Edit out your votes for Glyphgryph. What happens then?

Yeah, this is good.  A Very Neat Idea.

(Would do it, but I don't have any votes to edit out)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 03, 2010, 12:26:01 pm »

Web: We're all trying to win here.  I've learned that I shouldn't blindly trust other players, since they each want to win- regardless of who else wins.  My experience also tells me, again, if you know too much, you shouldn't be trusted.

I did edit out my vote, though.  It's worth testing.

Vector:  I'm not sure what you're referring to with your last post.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 03, 2010, 01:18:26 pm »

She meant the editing idea, I believe. We can see if it changes the outcome of the vote.

In an attempt to interact with the game via flavor, Solifuge slipped away from the huddled congregation of whispers being held near their cabins, and tiptoed off into the night. Crouching low to the ground, he slinked along to the footpath, and followed it back to the pool around which they'd been speaking throughout the day. He hoped to find signs of the strange, iridescent woman- the so-called "Watery Tart"- near the pool where her body had become rather quiet and shot all in the face-parts.

Indeed, her corpse was still lying near the pool, in a crumpled, shimmering heap. The bullet wounds riddling her torso and face were still oozing some sort of glittery goop and fairy dust... which would probably seem a lot more gruesome if he were a pixie or naiad some shit. Instead, it just looked like an arts-and-crafts project gone horribly, horribly awry. CSI would have a field day with this one, he was sure.

He couldn't say why, but he was certain that since she emerged alive from the pool once, she'd be able to do it again if she was returned to it. Heck, if nothing else, malevolent and benevolent superbeings, from Dracula to Gandalf, had a way of secretly resurrecting while off-screen. He just had to be sure she got a chance to get out of the scene first. She should be back right as rain tomorrow. That, or maybe they'd just get a new narrator instead... but at least this way, the new one wouldn't have to deal with the sparkly corpse of the poor, late Watery Tart.

After patting down her pockets, removing a copy of the Moderator's Notes for later perusal, and checking her pulse one last time, he prodded her corpse with his feet, rolling her into the water with a splash.

"Godspeed, m'lady." He said, respectfully removing his hat as she sunk into the inky water, the ripples shimmering in the moonlight.

With that, he quietly returned to the convened group, unceremoniously clearing his throat as though to announce: 'No, no, I've been here all along. Please, continue with the story I was most certainly just listening to.'

--
P.S. Does anyone learned in mafia lingo have any idea what the significance of "Ressurection++" or "INTENSE STEEL" in the title may mean? I have no clue.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 01:26:30 pm by Solifuge »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21