Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21

Author Topic: GG's Quick Bastard, Redux - Ressurection++ INTENSE STEEL - Day 7  (Read 40444 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welcome!

This is a fast and furious game of mafia that plays as hard and fast with the rules as you'll have to play in order to win.

Each day/night cycle will be about 24 hours. You get one 24 hour extend per day with unanimous agreement.
It will be both deadline AND hammer.
Dead players aren't allowed to vote/post in the thread.
No PMs to each other allowed, unless otherwise states somewhere.
Editing is allowed.
There are no prods or penalties for lurking, however..
Everyone playing is required to make at LEAST one post on the first day, or be instakilled. It doesn't need to contain anything, it is just your initial sign in.
I will never lie to you. Everything I say will be truth. I'll barely even twist things. There will be enough hidden in this game that deception will NOT be my goal. As such, what I don't say may be as much key to your victory as what I do...

Anything not explicitly banned is allowed.
This doesn't mean it will WORK, mind you, just that you won't be mod-killed, reprimanded, prodded, etc. And who knows, if you do something really out there it might just be crazy enough to work! It probably wont though. You're encouraged to try and find loopholes around the rules, but I encourage you to ask first. If I find you doing something I think breaks the rules? BOOM. Insta-kill.
^_^

You get to know nothing in advance about the role setup, the setting, or even the win conditions.

Last game, it turned myself, as host, along with everyone who requested to be a spectator, was scum, and oh how we laughed as the players killed each other off! But that won't happen this game. I did that already, and I don't do the same thing twice. Think of these games more as a puzzle than tradition mafia... one you have a very limited amount of time to solve, and one where the solution for the other players might involve killing you. But, at its core, it IS mafia. There are mafia (or an analogy thereof, like cult or wolves or serial killer), and there are those the scum want to kill (town, third parties, etc.).

If you are scum, you must eliminate any town-analogs and scum-analogs (not on your scum team) in order to win. Town wins if all scum-analogs are killed. You don't need to kill survivors or other nonviolent third parties, though. Maybe. You probably should just to be safe.

So, who's in? [6/5]
1. Vector
2. Zathras
3. Toaster
4. Solifuge!
5. webadict

Game starts in one week.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 04:44:37 pm by GlyphGryph »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Editing is allowed.

!

If you are scum, you must eliminate any town-analogs and scum-analogs in order to win. You don't need to kill survivors or other nonviolent third parties, though. Maybe. You probably should just to be safe.

So to win, scum has to ensure everyone dies?  Probably just unclear wording.

Also, in.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile

Yeah! Bastard me up, Scotty!

As seeing anything is permitted, I hereby roleclaim & incorporate into my mod-given role: "Phiascozo, The Angry Clown"!

I have two resurrections, one for being too angry to die, and another for being too handsome to die. I am town aligned, of course, as nothing else is conceivable for such a lovely person. And I have a gun with six clownbullets, giving me up to six daykills (can of course fire more than once per day, as I'm young, fit & energetic). The clownbullet will make the target explode in a gooey ball of slime, disintegrating them utterly, and revealing their innermost thougts, desires and alignment.

HARHARharharhar...grrrrrrrr!

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

While you're allowed to DO that, I can't say it will have any impact on the game or effect anything. Because it won't. Remember that while you can do whatever you want, it doesn't mean the things you do will have the results you want.

I do find it amusing though. ^_^
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 09:16:23 pm by GlyphGryph »

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you are scum, you must eliminate any town-analogs and scum-analogs in order to win. You don't need to kill survivors or other nonviolent third parties, though. Maybe. You probably should just to be safe.
So to win, scum has to ensure everyone dies?  Probably just unclear wording.

"HARharhargrrrrr.... what's that? A talking appliance? And already questioning how he's going to win as scum if he has to kill all scum? Obviously a scum! He does not realise that his win condition mandates suicide! YES! I must help him!"

Phiascozo unholsters his clowngun, aims carefully between the toaster's bread slots, and fires!

* Click *

"Damn. Forgot to load", Phiascozo mumbles as he takes his six clownbullets from a vest pocket, and carefully loads the gun. "You win this round, Toaster, but I warn you: my gun is loaded now...

...and I know you're scum."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did you read the first Quick Bastard game?  Because that was hilarious.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heheh, I fixed the wording in the first post, Toaster.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

While you're allowed to DO that, I can't say it will have any impact on the game. Because it won't.
I do find it amusing though. ^_^

"HArharhargrrrr!!! What?! A flying glyph just passed overhead and shat all over my parade?! Grrrrr!"

Phiascozo unholsters again and quickly and decisively fires five lethal clownbullets at the flying turkey. *BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG *

The critter is not quite dead, but Phiascozo can tell it feels really bad...

...almost as bad as he feels himself. Choking back a tear, he points the clowngun at his temple, sighs, and chambers his last clownbullet. "Well, Zathras will have to do without me, then".

* BANG *
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 03:00:24 am by Zathras »

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did you read the first Quick Bastard game?  Because that was hilarious.

Yeah, read it earlier today. It was loads of fun. Glad you liked (the short lived) Phiascozo, too. I didn't expect it to work, but it was worth a shot... or six.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Heheh, I fixed the wording in the first post, Toaster.

But didn't in me.

:'(
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ohnos! i are shotted with sew many bullets! oh the bullet pain! the agrony1

~ flitches all over the ground, faling on the clouwns bodie~
GlyphGryph Has Been Killed in the pregame!
Zathras Has Been Killed in the pregame!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was going to, but I was distacted. By the clown killing me. Very traumatic.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

I was never in this game. Do I win?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 05:51:42 pm by webadict »

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile

In.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

When is this starting?  If it's this weekend, I should probably get out- I'll have very limited activity.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21