Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21

Author Topic: GG's Quick Bastard, Redux - Ressurection++ INTENSE STEEL - Day 7  (Read 40418 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: GG's Quick Bastard, Redux - Ressurection++ INTENSE STEEL - Day 1
« Reply #90 on: November 02, 2010, 09:25:55 pm »

What do we have to lose?

The game? It's been fun so far, and if we hammer him, and the game is over, even if we win I'll be disappointed. It's too soon.

If you guys think the game will continue on even if we hammer him, I'm ready to do it. But I don't want the game to be over just yet.

PPE: webby's objection noted. Holding off for now. Hammer on stand-by and trigger finger is itchy.
I still think I can win if I get everyone's role. I think Glyphgryph's should be "Mod."

As much as I'd want to wait until tomorrow or after a lynch, only surviving players win when I do this.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 02, 2010, 09:34:34 pm »

I don't buy it. It's equally likely that you're some sort of "collector" role that wins individually if people choose to give you their roles. You are asking for too much on faith.

Plus, without getting too specific, from reading my PM I don't think I can actually tell you my role.

One added piece of evidence:
Glyphgryph: I win!

I note it doesn't say "we win" or in any way imply your win condition would be a shared one.

Hammer of the mod still on stand-by, but in the mean time: vote webadict.
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 02, 2010, 09:46:02 pm »

I don't buy it. It's equally likely that you're some sort of "collector" role that wins individually if people choose to give you their roles. You are asking for too much on faith.

Plus, without getting too specific, from reading my PM I don't think I can actually tell you my role.

One added piece of evidence:
Glyphgryph: I win!

I note it doesn't say "we win" or in any way imply your win condition would be a shared one.

Hammer of the mod still on stand-by, but in the mean time: vote webadict.
I just wanted to see if that would work. It didn't. And I'm not trying to collect roles. I'm trying to win. Since my winning lets everyone win, you'll either have to trust me or not. Either way, if I'm lynched, I'm fairly certain you're all going to lose. Mostly because you have no idea what a puzzle is.

And you can't tell me, eh? That's a shame. From what I can tell, my way is the best way. I'm not sure if there are roleflips, so I don't want to test out a lynch. Also, I don't think anyone noticed the opening flavor.

Vote Count.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2010, 09:54:59 pm »

I just wanted to see if that would work. It didn't. And I'm not trying to collect roles. I'm trying to win. Since my winning lets everyone win, you'll either have to trust me or not. Either way, if I'm lynched, I'm fairly certain you're all going to lose. Mostly because you have no idea what a puzzle is.
Hmmm... I find it unlikely that your survival is needed for our win condition. Anything you want to share about your role or wincon with us? It may help us trust you, as you seem to want.

...do you have an idea what a puzzle is? Since we're all stuck here together, it would be helpful if you share your insights about the setting with everyone else.

I did read the flavour, and reread it just now. Some flavourful ideas come to mind, but nothing too extraordinary yet. Have you anything specific in mind?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 02, 2010, 10:08:43 pm »

Hmmm... I find it unlikely that your survival is needed for our win condition. Anything you want to share about your role or wincon with us? It may help us trust you, as you seem to want.

...do you have an idea what a puzzle is? Since we're all stuck here together, it would be helpful if you share your insights about the setting with everyone else.

I did read the flavour, and reread it just now. Some flavourful ideas come to mind, but nothing too extraordinary yet. Have you anything specific in mind?
I told you an element of the puzzle that I had. I can let everyone win if I know their role names. That is my element. So far, I'm the only one that has released any real role information, and I'm the only one that has come up with a way to win.

Now, if you read the opening flavor, I believe you missed something. It says 4 strangers. Odd, isn't it? Doesn't that mean there's someone missing, or does that mean that the person that gave us the roles is still here?

Next, Glyphgryph is an acceptable lynch, but lynching the mod can only glean so much information.

Now, the Overseer is copying my voting pattern, which is why I want a vote count before he posts.

And last, Vector isn't doing anything to help solve the puzzle.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2010, 10:15:06 pm »

Last votecount, then off to bed with me
Near as I can tell, you guys are currently at...

Zathras[2]
Glyph[1]
Web[1]

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 02, 2010, 10:18:10 pm »

Alright then. Now that I've determined the Overseer was just being obnoxious and posting in games to troll, there's no problem with that.

Now, vote No Lynch for the time being.

EDIT!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 05:51:12 pm by webadict »

The Overseer

• Bay Watcher
  • You saw... NOTHING!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 02, 2010, 10:25:33 pm »

Alright then. Now that I've determined that Webaddict was just being obnoxious and posting in games to troll, there's no problem with that.

Now, vote Glyphgryph for the time being.

Cleanse Solifugue. Infect Webaddict.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 02, 2010, 10:31:33 pm »

Now, if you read the opening flavor, I believe you missed something. It says 4 strangers. Odd, isn't it? Doesn't that mean there's someone missing, or does that mean that the person that gave us the roles is still here?
I read it as "you, plus four others", which are the five players, plus the 6th which is GG/watery tart, as the embodiment of the setting. Nothing too esoteric there, yes? But maybe I'm misreading it?

Next, Glyphgryph is an acceptable lynch, but lynching the mod can only glean so much information.
I think it would give some information, which is better than what we have now, and would probably be compatible with everyone's win conditions, plus is one thing we can all probably agree on without WIFOMing ourselves to death. All that makes it a good choice for tonight's lynch. On the other hand, I'd hate it if that ended the game or had other explosive repercussions. I have no strong objections if you guys want to play it this way.

And last, Vector isn't doing anything to help solve the puzzle.
Yes, she's been surprisingly quiet. Vector? Ideas?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 02, 2010, 10:40:52 pm »

Alright then. Now that I've determined that Webaddict was just being obnoxious and posting in games to troll, there's no problem with that.

Now, vote Glyphgryph for the time being.

Cleanse Solifugue. Infect Webaddict.
Seriously, stop. If you're not in this game, leave. And Glyphgryph: If the Overseer is in this game, at least tell us. Otherwise, stop it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 02, 2010, 10:51:17 pm »

I see him as a WIFOM generator and thus don't really pay attention to anything he says.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

The Overseer

• Bay Watcher
  • You saw... NOTHING!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2010, 10:58:54 pm »

;_;

u guys suck.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 02, 2010, 11:16:35 pm »

I see him as a WIFOM generator and thus don't really pay attention to anything he says.
This game is already starting to be stupid. 24 hours days and we've got a grand total of pretty much nothing.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 02, 2010, 11:22:00 pm »

Yes, she's been surprisingly quiet. Vector? Ideas?

If by "surprisingly quiet" you mean "I post every time I have a chance," okay.  I'm happy to write up some of the proofs I've been doing, but seriously, man, I have two hours of class (plus two hours of transportation), plus homework (often three hours or more, seeing as I'm in a novel-writing course), plus looking for housing, plus housework, plus studying math in whatever spare time I have left.  I do not have oodles of time to dick around playing mafia, and I'm barely on the net at all nowadays.

Hell, I shouldn't even be playing, but I'm sticking it out because it's nice to have something less cerebral to do in your spare time.

As far as ideas go, I don't think we need to lynch GG--because again, that's what we were supposed to do last time, and I doubt he'd pull the same stunt two times in a row.  If that's how we win, then I care a lot less about winning.

I worry a bit about Webadict "looking for role names" when what he really wants is to play lyncher to someone, or somesuch.  I'd be more prone to believe him if he didn't say it was role/wincon-motivated.

As I said previously, I'm pretty sure the Overseer is Bandages, so I'm ignoring him for now.

My guess is that the "four strangers" refers to "four other strangers," i.e. we don't know each other.  Obviously we wouldn't be strangers to ourselves.

I'm currently wondering if it would be possible to interact with the environment via appropriate flavortext, though I don't have time to write any at the moment.

Presumably, "green" was for people who weren't in the game.

Webadict and Zathras are playing this game with energy.  So is Solifuge, but with slightly less energy--more testing later.  That leaves... Toaster.

Passive ("should we policy-quote him?") rather than active, sidelining, dumb questions, far less incisive than townie Toaster. 
Almost no action on the other players in the game, as though he were playing in a vacuum.  Counters Webadict's suggestion the WIFOM-machine (The Overseer) leave the game in favor of just "not paying attention to him."

Profile of a scumbag, right there.

Solving the puzzle is one thing, but when I find scum, I'm going to lynch him.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 03, 2010, 01:52:50 am »

Dudes, day will be over in five hours. We don't seem to have made much progress, but I think it would be dumb to let the day go without a lynch, so I am going to hammer GlyphGryph, unless I hear objections, an hour or so after this post goes live.

Other ideas welcome.

Oh, and my pizza is now rotten, and I'm very hurt that nobody took even a slice. Screw you guys, I'm not cooking for you again. I spent hours in the kitchen, and anchovies aren't easy to catch.

It was such a good pizza too. I'm sure you'd have liked it. But nooooo! Y'all had to let it spoil. That's why we can't have anything nice. Bah.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21