Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21

Author Topic: GG's Quick Bastard, Redux - Ressurection++ INTENSE STEEL - Day 7  (Read 40454 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: GG's Quick Bastard, Redux - Ressurection++ INTENSE STEEL - Day 1
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2010, 08:11:05 am »

Web:  We could start on the puzzle the standard way: play 20 questions with the mod.

MOD:
Are there scum?  If so, how many?
Are there third parties?  If so, how many?
Is there a way for everyone to win?  Lose?
What are all the rules?
Are there any non-player valid vote targets?  Can you no lynch?  What happens in a tie?
Why does it say 6/5 in in the first post?  Is the Overseer playing?
What color shirt are you wearing?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2010, 08:18:00 am »

That's what I'm going for. First rule of puzzle figuring-out: poke it with a stick.

You want some pizza?
I don't. At least, I'm probably not the guy you're looking for. But, all I know is that I can make everyone win if I know their role names. But, that means if somebody does things with role names, we could lose. But, if anyone wants to PM me (I don't think it's specifically banned), everyone can win.

Assuming you believe me.

Web:  We could start on the puzzle the standard way: play 20 questions with the mod.

MOD:
Are there scum?  If so, how many?
Are there third parties?  If so, how many?
Is there a way for everyone to win?  Lose?
What are all the rules?
Are there any non-player valid vote targets?  Can you no lynch?  What happens in a tie?
The mod is probably not going to answer a majority of those questions. Plus, I'm trying to find the information I can now instead of later. Mod info is nice, but if I can make everyone win, that'll do for me.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2010, 08:21:27 am »

Each day/night cycle will be about 24 hours. You get one 24 hour extend per day with unanimous agreement.
It will be both deadline AND hammer.
Dead players aren't allowed to vote/post in the thread.
No PMs to each other allowed, unless otherwise stated somewhere.
Editing is allowed.
There are no prods or penalties for lurking, however..
Everyone playing is required to make at LEAST one post on the first day, or be instakilled. It doesn't need to contain anything, it is just your initial sign in.
I will never lie to you. Everything I say will be truth. I'll barely even twist things. There will be enough hidden in this game that deception will NOT be my goal. As such, what I don't say may be as much key to your victory as what I do...

Anything not explicitly banned is allowed.
This doesn't mean it will WORK, mind you, just that you won't be mod-killed, reprimanded, prodded, etc. And who knows, if you do something really out there it might just be crazy enough to work! It probably wont though. You're encouraged to try and find loopholes around the rules, but I encourage you to ask first. If I find you doing something I think breaks the rules? BOOM. Insta-kill.
^_^
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2010, 08:22:34 am »

Yup, webby, no PMs in this one.

Vote Count!

Webaddict[2]
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 05:24:14 pm by GlyphGryph »

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2010, 08:26:30 am »

Vote Edmund.

Mod: updated votecount, please, and I also would like answers to at least these:

MOD:
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 08:30:22 am by Zathras »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2010, 08:45:26 am »

He's not answering any questions.

Also, my bad on not noticing the no PMs thing.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2010, 08:46:53 am »

Zath, are you Edmund?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2010, 08:51:22 am »

As long as he posts votecounts when requested, maybe with a quip or two, it'll be fine. We do need  some feedback from the system to do any puzzle figuring, though, but the votecounts should suffice.

But some answers would be good too...

PPE: No, I'm not Edmund. At least not now. Or anymore. Or something. I'm not even sure Edmund exists. I'm just testing a theory by poking with a stick.

Post-edit: I like this post editing thing.   Feels oddly perverse....
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 08:56:06 am by Zathras »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2010, 10:49:25 am »

Alright, does anyone want to help win or not? Because all I see are two random votes on me and a whole lot of nothing else.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2010, 01:13:12 pm »

Alright, does anyone want to help win or not? Because all I see are two random votes on me and a whole lot of nothing else.

What I see is that the votes are getting moved onto you, because Zathras voted for me.  That's a clue... I think.

Either that, or GG screwed up.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2010, 01:57:06 pm »

So, this Overseer. It's either a ploy by one of you, or it's a core mechanic of the game. He is presently disguised as an exact copy of GlyphGryph, so mind that you verify the username when you read a Mod-post.

To start, I'm not the Overseer. What do you guys think about them? Any suspicions or ideas to throw out there, or perhaps info to shed light on?

Also, Vote The Overseer

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2010, 02:01:48 pm »

Vector: He did vote for him, then he edited it (legal this game!) to a vote for you.  Zath is making healthy use of editing, so we need to keep an eye on that.  Should we policy-quote him?

Solifuge: I suspect Mr. Overseer will be the biggest part of the bastard here.  I hate to try to burn a lynch on him, but we should see if votes for him (and Edmund) show up.

Mod: Votecount, please?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2010, 04:04:39 pm »

Vector: He did vote for him, then he edited it (legal this game!) to a vote for you.  Zath is making healthy use of editing, so we need to keep an eye on that.  Should we policy-quote him?

Solifuge: I suspect Mr. Overseer will be the biggest part of the bastard here.  I hate to try to burn a lynch on him, but we should see if votes for him (and Edmund) show up.

Well, whoops.  Yeah, I agree with the policy-quoting, and in general I think his attitude is on the anti-town side.

That said: Overseer, what is your strategy for this game?

And yeah, I'm not the Overseer either.  I suspect that it's Bandages again, especially due to speech patterns/posting style/humor.  As for the rest of who he is and what he's doing here... part of me is prone to call red herring (due to the random non-players who tend to show up in bastard mods around here), but since that happened in GG's last bastard mod, I'm less certain.

At this point, it's a vat of WIFOM for me, so more data later.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2010, 04:46:59 pm »

Well, whoops.  Yeah, I agree with the policy-quoting, and in general I think his attitude is on the anti-town side.

Hmmm... I'm trying to work out the puzzle pieces. I'd rather you hadn't said anything to test GG's reflexes unawares, but yes: I edited the earlier vote from Wubba to Vector, then voted Edmund. Depending on the new votecount, this would tell us a few things: whether editing old votes affects counts; whether voting for a non-player is disregarded, counted as an unvote, or counted differently; whether Edmund is a valid vote target; whether GG is agile and informative with the votecounts (he may still be, some people kinda work during daytime, but if he becomes niggardly with them we may be in greater trouble); and so on.

I'm tempted to hammer the Overseer to see what happens, but good science tells me that we need a result on the previous test before we kick off another.

If you want to call that anti-town, or policy quote me, it's fine -- so be it.

This pizza is getting cold. Cold anchovies are not fun. Somebody better eat it, or I will.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2010, 05:23:54 pm »

Vote Count!

webaddict[1]
Overseer[2]
Edmund[1]
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 08:32:29 pm by GlyphGryph »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21