Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21

Author Topic: GG's Quick Bastard, Redux - Ressurection++ INTENSE STEEL - Day 7  (Read 40535 times)

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: GG's Quick Bastard, Redux - Ressurection++ INTENSE STEEL - Day 3
« Reply #240 on: November 06, 2010, 10:37:13 pm »

Damn shame, Zath, you should hang on to important things like that!  If you deserve access to it, ask GG- he'll give it back.

Right, of course. GlyphGryph, can you please resend me that link? I had a bookmark snafu. Thanks.

Anyway, I told you- same wincon, kill scum
Oh yes, yes you did. Totally missed that. It must be the missing piece of the puzzle.

Bah. No, a) I don't buy that you are both town, and b) you share something else about your wincons or whatnot. But I don't know what... and it may be the case that you don't either.

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 06, 2010, 11:31:12 pm »

Toaster, your attempt to dodge a roleclaim was nice and fluid, but either I'm going to inspect you tonight, or you can roleclaim now. The helpful, non-combative choice to make would be to claim now. Everyone else's hand has been played out or shown but yours.

I'm away from home, and wont have access again until later tonight. I expect to see a roleclaim when I get back.

Also, I ressed Vector to test your honesty, and because you cleared her posthumously. My res can only be used on the turn after a player dies, and when Wubba died, I didn't know what I do now. I was still trying to reconcile whether or not Zathras was also Team America, or if Web had stolen his role info... Zath was my N1 scan target. I later learned that I was Misdirected to Web.

You are Red Team: Town

Night Action (One per Night):
Active Camo: You may investigate a player of your choice. This reveals role name and alignment (town, scum, third party).
Hax (unspent): Once per game, you may use your 1337 hax to disconnect from the game, removing yourself from the game for the remainder of the day/night cycle.

Other Abilities:
Defibrillator (spent):
You have a field defibrillator. Once per game, during day or night, you can revive a dead player. This must be used on the same turn, or the turn immediately after they were killed.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 07, 2010, 12:55:22 am »

You didn't fully ask for one, and I did notice you asking for one without giving one.  But since I am now really the last, my turn!

You are Team Cat: Town.

Night Action (One per Night):
Raw in Tooth and Claw: You have a one-shot nightkill.
Cat's Meow: You can seduce another player, roleblocking them, but you may only do this once.
Stealthy Paws: You can spy on another player, learning everything about them. You rip their role post.

Ability:
Nine Lives: You have one revive.

I've used neither oneshot active ability, but the res is gone now.  Apparently the shiny medal saved me the first time, because the second death specifically said that it used my revive.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 07, 2010, 02:00:24 am »

Toaster.

I find the language describing your revive really brief... it looks like you rewrote it to mask that you are kill-immune (hence Zathras' Poison ability). Zathras is the only one who threatens your ability to pull of a Scum victory, hence your single-minded determination to kill him. Moreover, I still don't believe the "Medal" existed, as no one but you claim to have seen it.

As for Zathras, I know for a fact that he used his only Kill, while you have not. You're the only clear threat to a Town victory at this point... Zathras merely takes a Lynch, and he can't revive. You, I'm pretty sure, still can. So I'll test this theory; Vector, I'd ask that you do the same. When/if he revives, we can use Zathras' ability to rob his kill-immunity, otherwise we can't kill him, and he will be able to kill us. Zathras... your only hope to have a shot at winning is to take him out as well, so you really have no choice.

P.S. Currently trapped at my brothers, with 100 pets, and a crappy mac laptop. I'll be here for a bit yet, though.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 02:03:26 am by Solifuge »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 07, 2010, 02:04:10 am »

Fair enough.  You've got a good point, and I already thought he was scum, anyway.

Unvote.

Toaster.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 07, 2010, 05:04:32 am »

My choices do seem fairly limited at this juncture. Oh well.

Quote from: Zathras
Toaster, I'm blue and you're painted blue.
Vector, Soli is red and you're painted red.

Toaster, I suspect there was a way for us to figure this out and win together. If I'm right, and we couldn't, it will be a testament to how dumb and eager you and I were (*cough*respectively*cough*)... I also suspect the red dogs have figured out something they're not telling us. But it will be as it will be.

Vote Toaster.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 07, 2010, 10:48:11 am »

Toaster has been lynched.
Toaster is dead.
It is now night.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 07, 2010, 10:56:35 am »

So... Solifuge, after LEARNING MY ROLE PM, decided not to resurrect me. Clearly not suspicious behavior there. I mean, learning that I can MAKE. EVERYONE. WIN. is definitely out of the question, now isn't it?

Really? No one sees it? No one?

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 07, 2010, 01:13:04 pm »

I can MAKE. EVERYONE. WIN.

Really Web, just give it up already, you have said NOTHING ELSE the entire game. From your very first post, to every single posthumous quip, you have reminded us of that... yes, you could have made everyone win. If we had listened to you, the game would have been over day one. As I said on that very first day, when we were figuring out whether to hammer the mod, I didn't want the game to end day one!

There's more going on here than us sheepishly following your plan so we could win and go play something else. Win or lose, this way it has been much more interesting. It's not like you would have convinced everyone to tell you their role until we had a better clue of what was going on anyway, even if your role said so. At least this way we only have to hear you bitch about how you could make everyone win two or three times a day, instead of a dozen.

There's a puzzle in front of you. The Universe demands at least an effort to figure it out. If you want to help, how about you help us look at other pieces of the puzzle, like the colour stuff I mentioned earlier, which I'm sure has something important hidden, rather than focusing on the one piece you were given at the very start? You were given it, yes? It's not like you figured out the puzzle and used your amazing intellect to find a way to bring us all to victory, yes? No, you were told "do this", and you have been bitching for a week that you weren't able to do as you were told. You have deduced nothing, contributed nothing, and have disregarded all the other data the game has provided in aims to solve it, fixating instead on the one thing that required no effort, and was placed in your lap by the mod at the start of the game.

Death is supposed to be a restful place. You should take advantage of that.

PS: Leafsnail, I respectfully suggest a moratorium on your webadict-medium activities unless he says something other than "I can make everyone win."

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 08, 2010, 07:17:37 am »

It is now Day 4

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 08, 2010, 08:03:10 am »

I can MAKE. EVERYONE. WIN.

Really Web, just give it up already, you have said NOTHING ELSE the entire game. From your very first post, to every single posthumous quip, you have reminded us of that... yes, you could have made everyone win. If we had listened to you, the game would have been over day one. As I said on that very first day, when we were figuring out whether to hammer the mod, I didn't want the game to end day one!

There's more going on here than us sheepishly following your plan so we could win and go play something else. Win or lose, this way it has been much more interesting. It's not like you would have convinced everyone to tell you their role until we had a better clue of what was going on anyway, even if your role said so. At least this way we only have to hear you bitch about how you could make everyone win two or three times a day, instead of a dozen.

There's a puzzle in front of you. The Universe demands at least an effort to figure it out. If you want to help, how about you help us look at other pieces of the puzzle, like the colour stuff I mentioned earlier, which I'm sure has something important hidden, rather than focusing on the one piece you were given at the very start? You were given it, yes? It's not like you figured out the puzzle and used your amazing intellect to find a way to bring us all to victory, yes? No, you were told "do this", and you have been bitching for a week that you weren't able to do as you were told. You have deduced nothing, contributed nothing, and have disregarded all the other data the game has provided in aims to solve it, fixating instead on the one thing that required no effort, and was placed in your lap by the mod at the start of the game.

Death is supposed to be a restful place. You should take advantage of that.
Sorry to barge in like this, but I feel the need to make my opinion known.

*begins clapping*

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GG's Quick Bastard, Redux - Ressurection++ INTENSE STEEL - Day 4
« Reply #251 on: November 08, 2010, 01:05:53 pm »

Well, supposing there's nothing left for it. Vector, I made you a nice little cairn over there in remembrance of your death. I'd really appreciate it if you'd use it, rather than getting all restless and undead on us. It kinda hurt my feelings.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 08, 2010, 01:40:44 pm »

Vector, I'm so hurt. I offered you my blue, blue heart on a platter, hoping that you and I would then embrace and ride toward the sunset in victory, our blue faces covered with the blood of our enemies. But you spurned me. Worse, you enticed me first, letting me think that your heart was as blue as mine, and forcing me to spill my scummiest secrets, only to turn around and reveal that you were not a lovely blue thing like I after all, but rather a deceitful woman of the canine persuasion... I'm sure there's a word for that.

My rejected little blue heart will never love again, and it's your fault; you have broken it. Now you reap the consequences: hell hath no fury like a geek scorned.

No more blue goodness for you. You've earned a different colour: goodbye, Vector.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 08, 2010, 01:42:56 pm »

Don't worry Zathras, you'll always have me.

...right?

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 08, 2010, 01:58:18 pm »

Yeah, baby. Come here, you!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21