Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24

Author Topic: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia [Over - Dark Sorcerers Win!]  (Read 49059 times)

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia [Day 2 - Holy Jokerman-EXE Batman!]
« Reply #255 on: November 02, 2010, 10:47:55 pm »

A point-by-point on that could be useful for your case.
How about, no. Tell me it would be useful first. Tell me my time would not be better spent convincing a brick wall to fall over. Tell me you're not completely certain and that you want me to convince you. Tell me that before I jump through your hoops.
I think it would be useful, if it points errors in my logic, or comes up with a scenario not previously considered. I don't consider myself that inflexible, and I've said that the alternatives are not impossible, merely utterly implausible. Whether you wish to do it or not, it's up to you. It's entirely likely you won't persuade me, unless my logic is flawed or there's something big I missed that you can point out. But you can try if you wish. It would be interesting regardless.

Quote from: jim
You've asked him repeatedly for an original thought. I've done the same. He's heard both of our proddings, and even acknowledged them. And yet an original thought has yet to come.

What the fuck are you waiting for, Zathras?

I've got an idea. Unvote Org. Let's lynch Jetsquirrel and see just what the fuck Zathras and he are buddying about. I don't like the unbelievably light touch he's treating Jetsquirrel with.
What am I waiting for? His response - it's what one does after asking a question. But I agree with you that he's too slow and lurky to just do it without further encouragement. How 'bout this:

Unvote.
JetSquirrel
: Your lack of originality is scummy. Come up with an original, detailed analysis on Mr. Person, and I'll remove my vote. Otherwise it's likely you'll hang today.

Note that this in no way absolves you, Jim, you are still scum, and depending on how things look in the next day or so, I may still want to see you hang tonight, but we'll see. There's plenty of scum out there, it's not mandatory that you hang first.

And you're a liar if you won't admit that this has nothing to do with him agreeing with you.
Parser failure: Don't never use no triple negatives.
I don't get what you mean by that.

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 02, 2010, 11:01:25 pm »

I think it would be useful, if it points errors in my logic, or comes up with a scenario not previously considered. I don't consider myself that inflexible, and I've said that the alternatives are not impossible, merely utterly implausible. Whether you wish to do it or not, it's up to you. It's entirely likely you won't persuade me, unless my logic is flawed or there's something big I missed that you can point out. But you can try if you wish. It would be interesting regardless.

Nope, sorry. If you're willing to believe that my terrific town play is a screen for whatever unintentional scumminess caused by stubborness and stupidity I've apparently been doing then you're inconvincible.

What am I waiting for? His response - it's what one does after asking a question. But I agree with you that he's too slow and lurky to just do it without further encouragement. How 'bout this:

Unvote.
JetSquirrel
: Your lack of originality is scummy. Come up with an original, detailed analysis on Mr. Person, and I'll remove my vote. Otherwise it's likely you'll hang today.

Jetsquirrel's response better be godly if you want any chance of changing your vote.

And you're a liar if you won't admit that this has nothing to do with him agreeing with you.

OPS

You're a liar if you won't admit Jetsquirrel agreeing with you is why you're giving him so much slack and handling him with kid gloves and guiding him towards a post that will satisfy you.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 02, 2010, 11:22:22 pm »

Nope, sorry. If you're willing to believe that my terrific town play is a screen for whatever unintentional scumminess caused by stubborness and stupidity I've apparently been doing then you're inconvincible.
As you wish. But that "terrific town play" is your own assessment, perhaps coloured by your own delusions of adequacy, yes? Good scum are capable of quite good town play, yes? And if you were scum, you would be good scum, yes? Stubborness and stupidity I can agree with, but they are compatible with being either town or scum.

Take your time. If you don't hang today, and there's a tomorrow, you'll hang tomorrow. Unless you or others make a convincing argument against those colour support numbers and associated points.

Jetsquirrel's response better be godly if you want any chance of changing your vote.
It will be as it will be, and I will vote however I wish, thank you very much.

You're a liar if you won't admit Jetsquirrel agreeing with you is why you're giving him so much slack and handling him with kid gloves and guiding him towards a post that will satisfy you.

Oh, I fully admit it. I have a soft side for flattery, as I said earlier. It's hard of me not to think highly of those enlightened enough to recognise the utter TRUTH that are my arguments and ideas. They are precious in their perceptions, and should be cherished and nurtured. They are the future of Humanity, the last best hope for sanity and wisdom. May they grow and be fruitful, for all our sakes.

But if they be scum faking it, may they hang quickly and painfully. For tarnishing my ideals with their scummy, fakey hands.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 03, 2010, 01:35:32 am »

RRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

Gee, if you know you're dropping noob tells, why are you dropping them at all? You could have stopped dropping them anyyyy time, if, as you say, you know you are dropping them.

Noob knowingly being noob is a horrifically scummy defense.

Why did you ignore this? You made up right there that i was doing those noobtells(scumtells according to you) ON PURPOSE, what if im not doing them on purpose and you are trying to let zathras cling onto someone else with making up a lie.

Because he's annoying? Because he's pretty obviously town and he's trying to lynch me? Because I am town and he's trying to lynch me? Because I'm tired of answering walls of texts? Pick one or all four.

If you're confused about my vote, I'm voting for pressure. Didn't you say something about that? Let's look at that too.

First part doesnt explain anything at all, looks like you are trying to avoid a question. IF you are voting for pressure then why are you moving it around so much? Like the name explains "Pressure vote" is a vote which is supposed to say on a person to squeeze information out of him while he knows that he is being vted for.

You shouldn't vote me on a bunch of ifs and maybes if everything else I'm doing says I'm town.

Your actions sees to contradict that sentence

Answer my questions, Zathras. It's scummy as hell to reduce all my accusations and questions into one you can easily answer. It's also scummy as hell to not respond to me directly.

Here you vote him apparantly for being scummy as hell, while in the few previous posts you say that he is town. YOu first said all the time that Zathras is scum and now you say he might be town. Why the sudden change of mind?

Org move your fat ass over here and Mr.person also

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 03, 2010, 01:38:10 am »

oh and a extension
i want to hear a bit of org and mr.person

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 03, 2010, 01:45:46 am »

I hope for the lurkers to delurk, but JetSquirrel, there's quite a bit of Person material out there already for you to get started. "I wanted to, but he didn't post" is not going to cut it. Get cranking.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 03, 2010, 02:16:23 am »

Quite note: If you want me to do something, you have to pose a question or something.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 03, 2010, 02:34:17 am »

Why did you ignore this? You made up right there that i was doing those noobtells(scumtells according to you) ON PURPOSE, what if im not doing them on purpose and you are trying to let zathras cling onto someone else with making up a lie.

The problem is the same if you're intentionally dropping noobtells or not.

If you're in a position to know that you are dropping them then you are not in a position to use that as an excuse.

Additionally, whether or not you are dropping noobtells is a judgment you yourself are not allowed to make. That's for other people to judge and determine whether or not your behavior is excusable because of it. If you have enough knowledge to know what they are you should not be dropping them in the first place.

First part doesnt explain anything at all, looks like you are trying to avoid a question. IF you are voting for pressure then why are you moving it around so much? Like the name explains "Pressure vote" is a vote which is supposed to say on a person to squeeze information out of him while he knows that he is being vted for.

Yes, exactly. That's what I was doing. I moved my vote around to get answers out of the people I wanted to get answers from.

...didn't you notice?

And I answered your question in the form of a question. Four questions. It's like Jeopardy.

Here you vote him apparantly for being scummy as hell, while in the few previous posts you say that he is town. YOu first said all the time that Zathras is scum and now you say he might be town. Why the sudden change of mind?

I was questioning Zathras and wanted to see what would turn up. So I called him scum and his actions scummy to see what his reaction would be.

Org move your fat ass over here and Mr.person also
oh and a extension
i want to hear a bit of org and mr.person

So you want an extension to hear from them, but you didn't ask them anything.

Hmmm.

Might this have more to do with you currently being ahead in votes than actually being interested in what Mr.Person or Org have to say? I think it very well could be.

Quite note: If you want me to do something, you have to pose a question or something.

Will you post more frequently?

Also, are your scum picks the same as the ones in the wall of text you posted a short while ago?

And don't you have a bunch of unanswered questions from IronyOwl?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 03, 2010, 02:38:41 am »

While we're at it,

Eduren, how come you're completely disinterested in the happenings of this game beyond IronyOwl? And why have you disappeared?

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 03, 2010, 08:16:56 am »

If you have enough knowledge to know what they are you should not be dropping them in the first place.

problem is i DONT have enough knowledge to recognize them

I was questioning Zathras and wanted to see what would turn up. So I called him scum and his actions scummy to see what his reaction would be.

So you need about 2 days (second one ending) to call someone scum and see how they react? You could've have said that he might be town earlier but you decided that it was a good moment to call him at the last day town and shove immideatly all his attention from you to me.

So Zathras why did you vote for me? You are very sure that jim is scum and dont intend to vote for him?!? It looks like you both might be a scum team which had a succefull bussing attempt.

Hmmm.

Might this have more to do with you currently being ahead in votes than actually being interested in what Mr.Person or Org have to say? I think it very well could be.
Yes i do want a oppinion of them since this is what is happening right now from my point of view in this game. Irony & Eduren discussion, Me,Zathras and Jim discussion and Lurky lurky org with Mr.person.  I dont quite understand the bolded part.

and apart from this i got a few questions on my mind like
1. I don't know if it's mylo or lylo today but what happens if votes end on a stale?
2. Again about Lylo or Mylo but what if the scum team decided to all suddenly vote for 1 person to vote the game?
3.What for effect would roleclaiming have ( this is a question for begginer mafia which im in)

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #265 on: November 03, 2010, 10:01:22 am »

Current Vote Count

Day ends in ~6 hours @ 5 pm EST; 3 Nov 2010

Apprentices should send me a PM with the school they plan to assist by the end of the day.
Assists can be changed via PM until the day ends.

Activity warnings have been sent.

Jetsquirrel (2) - Jim Groovester, Zathras
Jim Groovester (1) - Jetsquirrel
Org (1) - Mr.Person
Eduren (1) - IronyOwl
IronyOwl (1) - Eduren
Mr.Person (0) -
Zathras (0) -

Not Voting: Org

Extension (1/4) - Jetsquirrel

Let me know if I missed anything.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 03, 2010, 10:33:48 am »

And to add something more i find that Mr.person is more of a scum now than me why?

This, he keeps lurking and does NO scumhunting at all for the last few pages. So he is passive and as we all know being passive is scum. He only comes back when we ask him questions. Like you jim said i lurked a but and parroted Zathras but i'm atleast trying to find scum (you) but im having a tough job by doing that, BUT atleast im trying to find some real scum in this game to prevent from losing.. While Mr.persons the scum who he is just sits out and waits for a easy lynch to win this game for the scum side same thing counts for Org. We all seem to not have noticed that he did practicly nothing, while jim is trying to focus all his power on me to get me lynched.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 03, 2010, 02:22:55 pm »

Unvote Jetsquirrel and vote Org. Jetsquirrel is surprising me and Org never bothered to play.

Extension in the meantime. I'll get to the questions and responses in a bit.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 03, 2010, 02:46:35 pm »

Oops and instead of A fos i forgot to vote for mr person
so Unvote jim, Vote mr.person

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 03, 2010, 02:50:40 pm »

If you have enough knowledge to know what they are you should not be dropping them in the first place.

problem is i DONT have enough knowledge to recognize them

Then quit trying to explain away your behavior as being a noob. That's for other people to judge.

So you need about 2 days (second one ending) to call someone scum and see how they react? You could've have said that he might be town earlier but you decided that it was a good moment to call him at the last day town and shove immideatly all his attention from you to me.

Maybe I don't want to call him town early in my attack, and maybe I want to see how he reacts under pressure and hostile questioning.

And it should not come as a surprise that I want you lynched. I've been working at getting you for all of Day 2. If you think the timing is convenient, it is not, it is coincidental. Me declaring Zathras town has nothing to do with you and everything to do with him.

I'm pulling back off of you now because you've earned a little slack by having an original thought, but you need to keep this up or it'll be right back to me trying to get you lynched.

You got that? Keep this up.

Hmmm.

Yes i do want a oppinion of them since this is what is happening right now from my point of view in this game. Irony & Eduren discussion, Me,Zathras and Jim discussion and Lurky lurky org with Mr.person.  I dont quite understand the bolded part.

The accusation is that you are extending so that you avoid getting lynched. Without strong suspicions and targets this is scummy. Since you've mostly just been parroting everybody else in the game so far, your suspicions are not particularly strong.

And to add something more i find that Mr.person is more of a scum now than me why?

Wait.

So.

You know you're scum? That seems to be what you're saying here.

This, he keeps lurking and does NO scumhunting at all for the last few pages. So he is passive and as we all know being passive is scum. He only comes back when we ask him questions. Like you jim said i lurked a but and parroted Zathras but i'm atleast trying to find scum (you) but im having a tough job by doing that, BUT atleast im trying to find some real scum in this game to prevent from losing.. While Mr.persons the scum who he is just sits out and waits for a easy lynch to win this game for the scum side same thing counts for Org. We all seem to not have noticed that he did practicly nothing, while jim is trying to focus all his power on me to get me lynched.

Mmm.

I have this sneaking suspicion that you're reading from a script here.

PPE: Okay, if you're willing to vote Mr. Person for it you can have your point.

and apart from this i got a few questions on my mind like
1. I don't know if it's mylo or lylo today but what happens if votes end on a stale?
2. Again about Lylo or Mylo but what if the scum team decided to all suddenly vote for 1 person to vote the game?
3.What for effect would roleclaiming have ( this is a question for begginer mafia which im in)

1. If the game can continue with 6 players 3 scum it will. There is no guarantee that will happen. The game could very well end if the vote is tied.
2. Everybody would notice and would react accordingly.
3. Ask your town IC.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24