Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24

Author Topic: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia [Over - Dark Sorcerers Win!]  (Read 48974 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia [Day 1 - Tim the Blue is dead!]
« Reply #105 on: October 26, 2010, 05:30:13 pm »

Jeeeeeeeetsquirreeeeeeeel, do you just like joining games? Because you don't seem to like playing them.

Come on, what do you have to say?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 26, 2010, 06:13:05 pm »

Eduren, haven't heard from you in a while. What do you think of the current Jim/Zathras debate?
I don't feel that Jim's plan has much utility and like Zathras has been saying it may have some drawbacks. That said, I don't believe that either is acting scummy per say, just stubborn.

Unvote

IronyOwl you seem to be pushing Criptfeind, but not much else. Your vote is still an RV on Mr.Person, forget about it?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 26, 2010, 06:19:54 pm »

And you're not doing much of anything.

Why vote IronyOwl for pushing Criptfeind?

Eduren, haven't heard from you in a while. What do you think of the current Jim/Zathras debate?
I don't feel that Jim's plan has much utility and like Zathras has been saying it may have some drawbacks. That said, I don't believe that either is acting scummy per say, just stubborn.

Your lack of a strong opinion annoys me.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #108 on: October 26, 2010, 06:45:08 pm »

Current Vote Count

Day ends: 5pm EST; 27 Oct 2010

NOTE: Apprentices should send me a PM with the school they plan to assist by the end of the day.

Zathras (2) - Jim Groovester, Criptfeind
Criptfeind (1) - Mr.Person
IronyOwl (1) - Eduren
Jim Groovester (1) - Zathras
Jokerman-EXE (1) - Org
Mr.Person (1) - IronyOwl
Eduren (0) -
Jetsquirrel (0) -
Org (0) -

Not Voting: Jetsquirrel, Jokerman-EXE

Activity warnings have been sent.

Let me know if I missed anything.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 08:09:58 pm by JanusTwoface »
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 26, 2010, 06:46:15 pm »

Unvote.
Going kinda passive for a sec. THe main thing I have read is the Jim/Zathras stuff going on, and I am not too keen on hopping on a bandwagon, lest this ends up the same way as Vengeful 1.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 26, 2010, 11:25:02 pm »

IronyOwl you seem to be pushing Criptfeind, but not much else. Your vote is still an RV on Mr.Person, forget about it?
Neither is Mr.Person himself; for that matter, I don't think you've been pushing anyone. Why mention just me, and why do you care so much that I'm voting him, Eduren?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 27, 2010, 12:37:55 am »

He did call for a colour. He asks us to trust in his towniehood that he chose them arbitrarily and randomly. I do not trust that. He painted himself as a target by calling those two colours, and anyone else calling for others will as well, as, if you don't believe they chose them randomly, they're either a town PR (nightkill target) or scum.
I think you're confusing his proposed plan with his hypothetical sorcerer answer. Where does his support two schools plan out potential PR targets or imply knowledge of other schools?
There may be some confusing the two, as he originally said "I'd do this if I was a sorcerer" and then he actually did it, so the line is blurred on whether he's actually one, scum, or (in his wording) "an apprentice doing it on behalf of a sorcerer so that he didn't have to claim". This last is what would imply knowledge of who has what school, so he changed it when he made the actual proposal to "these are chosen randomly and arbitrarily", which one can believe or not.

Regarding the painting of targets: whoever steps forward and calls for colours (as he did) calls attention to himself as being vested in those colours. They are either scum pretending to be town, a town PR (thus NK target), or claiming to be a vanilla townie (which people will doubt); in his original wording, he didn't propose himself as the person calling the colours, but instead left it open, which in my mind invited those above (scum/town PR) to out themselves, claiming to be "VT on behalf of so and so" or "VT with random chosen colours", and opening the door to huge amounts of WIFOM.

He then did step forward and claimed to have two "randomly chosen" colours for people to use, thus he is either scum trying to increase power to his school (guaranteed 100% stronger scum if he is and people listen to him), an idiot greedy townie PR who doesn't understand multiplication (nerfing the other town PR and painting himself as NK target), or a misguided vanilla townie too dumb and stubborn to abandon a plan that's proven to be bad for town.

So you think he's scum because he's making too much of a target of himself?
I think he's scum because a) the plan does not work for town, it is actively harmful (nerfs a PR) and empowers scum; b) he knows this; and yet c) he still supports and recommends it. He's inviting town to shoot itself in the foot. However, I'm not 100% sure, as he could still be one of the other options I list above (greedy/dumb town PR, or dumb/stubborn VT). I also agree with the ongoing conversation about Criptfeind's scummitude, as I pointed out earlier as well. If I had more than one vote, they'd have one each; where it stands at the end of the day, remains to be seen.

Final (hopefully) general clarification about Jim's plan: If you don't agree with it, don't fall into the trap of choosing the colour he didn't bring up; that would tilt bias too much to that side too. The best bet for town is to ignore his choice altogether, and choose randomly from black, white or red ("none" is probably not a good idea either). Scum's colour already has a positive bias, as scumbuddy support is guaranteed, so by spreading the others randomly (hopefully evenly) the bias will become evident Day 2. Scum can prevent this by not supporting their school, but that also works well for town, as it would be nerfing scum's PR power.
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 27, 2010, 01:06:42 am »

You are seriously reading too much into what I did.

You are also extremely dense:

There may be some confusing the two, as he originally said "I'd do this if I was a sorcerer" and then he actually did it, so the line is blurred on whether he's actually one, scum, or (in his wording) "an apprentice doing it on behalf of a sorcerer so that he didn't have to claim". This last is what would imply knowledge of who has what school, so he changed it when he made the actual proposal to "these are chosen randomly and arbitrarily", which one can believe or not.

What made you think I was talking about a specific sorcerer instead of a hypothetical one? I was talking hypothetically there but I guess you didn't notice.

You are also doing an extremely damn good job of WIFOMing yourself into oblivion. You're going to have a lot of work to do untangling yourself from the mess you're putting yourself in. You're doing a fine job of tunneling on me and inventing motives for things I'm not doing. You should take a step back and reexamine all the evidence. Not the evidence you're inventing into existence, the stuff that's actually there. Look over it without the scum-colored goggles you're currently wearing.

Also nice speech. I only read about half of it.

In the meantime unvote and vote Eduren. I don't like how noncommittal and quiet he is, but I'll give him some slack about not being able to post frequently.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 27, 2010, 03:07:16 am »

Jeeeeeeeetsquirreeeeeeeel, do you just like joining games? Because you don't seem to like playing them.

oops. shit forgot about this mafia game

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 27, 2010, 03:09:31 am »

You have to be kidding me.

That's great. Why don't you play.

Right now.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 27, 2010, 03:49:02 am »

i have to say that your plan failed by the part where you "Randomed" 2 schools, like stating  from all those arguments given by Zathras  "one of those schools may be a scum school of magic". And you know that because you MAYBE are scum, that's trying to raise his PR. I can't give too much information about this further, because Zathar mentioned most of the flaws about your pretty scummy plan.

THAT IS EXACTLY WHY I VOTED YOU AND YOU SAID I WAS OMGUSING YOU! WHAT THE HYPOCRITE!

*Cough cough*

At any rate I am losing confidence in Jim's plan. :/ I don't think I can support it anymore, it looks like he wants us to give way more info then I am conformable with and when you explained why it will not work what I was thinking of for a plan is even worse.

So you now see that Zathras is close with the destruction of jims plan and you decide to back away to avoid more suspicion? If you really think Zathras is Scum then give a good reason why. Because the only reason why you voted for him was "He is/was annoying to me".

Unvote

Care to give more reason or information, or are you just randomly voting for someone

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 27, 2010, 03:54:17 am »

That is an exact repeat of things other people have said.

Do you have anything original to add?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #117 on: October 27, 2010, 09:52:13 am »

Current Vote Count

Day ends: In ~ 6 hours @ 5pm EST; 27 Oct 2010

NOTE: Apprentices should send me a PM with the school they plan to assist by the end of the day.

Criptfeind (1) - Mr.Person
Eduren (1) - Jim Groovester
IronyOwl (1) - Eduren
Jim Groovester (1) - Zathras
Mr.Person (1) - IronyOwl
Zathras (1) - Criptfeind
Jetsquirrel (0) -
Jokerman-EXE (0) -
Org (0) -

Not Voting: Jetsquirrel, Jokerman-EXE, Org

Activity warnings have been sent.

Let me know if I missed anything.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 27, 2010, 12:17:16 pm »

Also at this point I will not put the third vote on Zathras but I am not against a lynch if he does not start talking as normal as he can.
I may not lynch him for doing such but I sure as hell will vote him for it.
First of all, which is it? Is rhyming a lynchable offense or not?

Secondly, do you still think he's been doing nothing but rhyming, or are you just willing to focus on him for being annoying rather than useless or scummy?

Third, you're willing to waste your vote expressing your displeasure at him, even if you're not willing to lynch him?

1: If there is no one else to lynch yes.

2: Nope. When I voted him it was because of the way he was opposing a simple plan that I thought beneficial to the town. Now I have my vote on him because of hypocrisy. If he answer that to a understandable degree I will unvote him.

3: No. I have no idea why everyone seems to think I both voted him and did not at once, I am not Schroedinger's Cat here. I expressed my displease at his rhyming and then did not vote him. Then I voted him for a completely different reason.

third on bandwagon
Yeah. Because scum tend to be good at spinning things, I may not care about them attacking me if I have something to say, but giving them ammo to lynch me with so a guy will shut up, especially since that was the first time I told you too? No thanks.
So you're concerned about your image, but only because scum will spin it into a reason to lynch you? Wouldn't doing something to give scum a chance be a good thing, because then you can see who's good at spinning things?

No.

First: People other then scum can attack me. It happens. People are good at spinning weather they are scum or not I should have said. The thing is, the scum can manipulate and I will not be sure that they are scum anyway.

Second: Acting scummy to catch scum never ever works. It is a dumb idea and I have never seen it pan out.

third on bandwagon
At any rate, I don't care overmuch about people seeing what I do as OMGUS, because fuck that. I get in the game, people vote me, it happens and if they do it for a scummy reason I will vote them back.
So... you're not concerned at all about people voting you over an OMGUS, but you don't want to be voted over bandwagoning?

Degrees of difference here.

1: In a bandwagon there are already people pushing on them for that reason, thus my time can be better spent elsewhere.

2: The bandwagon was for a minor at best infraction. The (Not) OMGUS was for a major reason.

Sorcerer=Power role

Town power role=Good

Scum power role=Bad

All we know is that there are three sorcerers left, the more that are town the better, thus if given the choice I would one to make sure it is on our side.
1: The scum are VERY unlikely to two power roles.
So... you know scum probably only have one sorcerer, but you'd want to be a sorcerer to make sure town got it instead of scum? I didn't mean a BYOR thing, if that's what you thought.

Yes. If I knew how the roles were distributed then no, but as it is it may be random, thus every Sorcerer we have is one less for the scum.

Edit: Let me rephrase that last part, because it makes very little sense to even me:

So you are saying that it is scummy that I did not vote on someone but also hypothetical scummy that I did?

What is it?

Both actions are scummy. You STILL haven't brought up a good reason that Zathras is scum and your reasoning for not voting Zathras earlier is just plain bullshit. Your defense is scummy to, by the way, since all you did was attempt to deflect back onto me without explaining why your actions were not scummy. So please, tell the court why Zathras is scummy.

Okay. I voted him because he was against a plan that I thought would clearly help the town.

I did not vote him because he was fucking rhyming.

So you now see that Zathras is close with the destruction of jims plan and you decide to back away to avoid more suspicion? If you really think Zathras is Scum then give a good reason why. Because the only reason why you voted for him was "He is/was annoying to me".

No. What? I said that when they were still in the thick of it.

:/

Just because you quote something does not mean it was said at the same time you post the quote.

I have my vote on him because of hypocrisy.

I DID NOT VOTE HIM BECAUSE OF THE RHYMING! GOD WHY DOES EVERYONE SEEM TO THINK THAT?

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 27, 2010, 12:55:17 pm »

Even in light of his last post, do you think that the plan he opposes is so solidly pro-town?

As it stands, I have to say that I don't like the idea that Jim presented. Statistically speaking, it's a lot more likely to hit scum that way, so I'm going to do what I do and keep that to myself, just like pretty much everyone should, to prevent scum from trying to twist what we do.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24