Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24

Author Topic: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia [Over - Dark Sorcerers Win!]  (Read 48929 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia [Day 1 - Tim the Blue is dead!]
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2010, 05:33:25 pm »

Okay.

So did you mean coronation or coordination?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2010, 05:39:59 pm »

Al together now! Lets find out what the fuck Cript is talking about.
Cordanation
Cor-da-nation
Coordination.

Ah, yes. It makes sense now. Not just what you meant, but why... You:

a) agree with Jim's proposed strategy, which seems to me to be very scum-friendly: risking outing PRs to be nightkilled, implying knowledge of others' schools, increasing power of PR, which scum would know they have and can coordinate (or cordanate?) better.

b) avoided voting me even though I provoked you by rhyming, to avoid being seen to drop scumtells (OMGUS, third on bandwagon). Worried not to be seen as potential scum.

It may be a bit premature, but I'm going to go out on a limb and propose a different kind of rhyme:

Criptfeind and Jim Groovester, sitting on a tree.
K-I-S-S-I-N-G
First come the cordanation,
Then come the night kills
Then the little scumlets yelling "da-ddy da-ddy"!

I think you are both scum.

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2010, 05:45:14 pm »

a) agree with Jim's proposed strategy, which seems to me to be very scum-friendly: risking outing PRs to be nightkilled, implying knowledge of others' schools, increasing power of PR, which scum would know they have and can coordinate (or cordanate?) better.

How is it a scum friendly strategy?

I'm not clear on your logic.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2010, 06:01:25 pm »

Actually, I really want to know how the strategy I proposed does any of the things you say it does. Be detailed.

Because like I said earlier,

That doesn't make any sense.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2010, 06:13:47 pm »

How is it a scum friendly strategy?
I'm not clear on your logic.

As I said, painting targets for nightkills, scum's ability to manipulate the coordination, and ability to increase the power of their own PR (which they know) by calling townies to support it. If people start lobbying for a colour, they will be either scum or nightkill target, as they can't be "doing it for a sorcerer" (your wording) without knowing their colour already, which town doesn't. Therefore it also implies, in your wording, knowledge of others' schools, which is not scum-friendly, but a scumslip by you.

For the record, I will choose one of the four available options (black, white, red, none) in secret, will not mention it on thread, and suggest others do the same. At least for Day 1. Day 2, with some more information, role flips, maybe a lead or two to analyse, other tactics may be employed, but for Day 1, your strategy is counterproductive for town, and your wording is scummy as hell. Cript supporting it and avoiding being seen as scum indicates to me he's your buddy, but I agree the day is young, so other targets may appear later.

Or, if you prefer:

Groovester, you ask for good will,
"claim your colour, I won't kill!"
      If we dance to your pitch
      scum's powers we enrich,
and the town would be going downhill.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2010, 06:20:55 pm »

A is pants on head retarded and it looks like That Scary Guy is going to tell you all about how dumb it is. Thus I will go and answer B.

OMGUS

It would not be a OMGUS because you were not voting me or pushing on me. In fact, the closest to a OMGUS in this game is when you voted me right after I told you to shut up.

At any rate, I don't care overmuch about people seeing what I do as OMGUS, because fuck that. I get in the game, people vote me, it happens and if they do it for a scummy reason I will vote them back.

third on bandwagon
Yeah. Because scum tend to be good at spinning things, I may not care about them attacking me if I have something to say, but giving them ammo to lynch me with so a guy will shut up, especially since that was the first time I told you too? No thanks.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2010, 06:58:29 pm »

As I said, painting targets for nightkills, scum's ability to manipulate the coordination, and ability to increase the power of their own PR (which they know) by calling townies to support it. If people start lobbying for a colour, they will be either scum or nightkill target, as they can't be "doing it for a sorcerer" (your wording) without knowing their colour already, which town doesn't. Therefore it also implies, in your wording, knowledge of others' schools, which is not scum-friendly, but a scumslip by you.

God, are you really this stupid?

It's scummy to organize the town because it attracts nightkills to the person who's doing it? WELL FUCK ME, let's just not do anything at all because playing a good town game attracts night kills. Is that seriously your argument? SERIOUSLY? Let's not do something to benefit the town because it's riiiiskyyyy?

It's a risk but it's a good one to take to power up the town's power roles. Noooooooobody said the sorcerer in charge of a school of magic had to do it. If he's bold he can do it. An apprentice would be ideal, since he is not a power role and the town loses very little if he gets nightkilled. And best of all, if an apprentice does it, it doesn't lead back to the sorcerers, because the apprentice doesn't know who they are!

My God! It's like I've thought this through! I wish I could say the same for your criticisms.

This is ridiculous. You're throwing a hissy fit over something that nobody has even done yet, and isn't even irreversible. If I didn't know better I'd say you were scared of the town organizing. Why the opposition? I doubt it's just because you say I'm scum.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2010, 08:32:10 pm »

God, are you really this stupid? [...] WELL FUCK ME, let's just not do anything at all because playing a good town game attracts night kills. Is that seriously your argument? SERIOUSLY? Let's not do something to benefit the town because it's riiiiskyyyy? [...] Noooooooobody [...]

This is ridiculous. You're throwing a hissy fit.

Wow. I'm the one throwing a hissy fit? Bit jumpy, there, aren't we? Did I hit a nerve?

But anyway. I don't like your plan. I oppose it because I find it ill-conceived and counterproductive. And I am more inclined to think you are scum than before, due to your scummy tantrum (how dare you poke holes in my plan! grrr! Dudes, he must be stupid, don't listen to him!). But people will do as they wish.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2010, 08:38:09 pm »

Crap, forgot the limerick....

Groovester, you manipulative bitch,
your plan has many a glitch.
      I find your fit scummy,
      and your plan at least crummy,
townies'd be foolish to dance to your pitch.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2010, 08:41:13 pm »

Hint: offering a counter argument is usually a good idea.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2010, 08:44:09 pm »

Nah. I've said my piece. People are quite capable of weighing the arguments and decide on their own.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2010, 08:46:05 pm »

Well if that is it then.

Argument weighed.

Loser Zathras.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2010, 08:49:29 pm »

Bandwagoning noted, along with previous reluctance. Support of buddy also noted. But that's fine, knock yourself out.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2010, 09:09:41 pm »

Current Vote Count

Zathras (3) - Jim Groovester, Mr.Person, Criptfeind
Criptfeind (1) - Zathras
Jim Groovester (1) - Eduren
Jokerman-EXE (1) - Org
Mr.Person (1) - IronyOwl
Eduren (0) -
IronyOwl (0) -
Jetsquirrel (0) -
Org (0) -

Not Voting: Jetsquirrel, Jokerman-EXE

Day ends: 5pm EST; 27 Oct 2010

Let me know if I missed anything.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2010, 09:19:53 pm »

Bandwagoning noted.

:/

You refuse to back up your arguments or even explain what you are thinking. You start doing that and I will not vote you.

along with previous reluctance.

So it is a bad thing to not vote someone who you are not sure of when they have TWO votes on them for the same reasons?

Support of buddy also noted.

So when I think Jim is right it is supporting my buddy, I ask you, if I had decided you made sense and voted Jim would you have voted me for agreeing with you?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24