Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Imprisoned captain of the guard because he failed to mee  (Read 426 times)

TotalPigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Imprisoned captain of the guard because he failed to mee
« on: January 19, 2008, 06:37:00 pm »

Read title... It seems the guy in charge of punishing miscreants is being punished because he was too busy doing his job to spend time making some nice pewter items. I understand that nobles will select someone at random if a mandate is failed, but I can only think the captain of the guard should be exempt from this random selection...

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Imprisoned captain of the guard because he failed to mee
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 10:46:00 pm »

Well, that's better than the time in the last 2d version where the nobles decided that the person most responsible for failing to meet a production mandate was a swordmaster...
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 11:29:00 pm »

Look at it from the duke's perspective: the goods weren't created.  This can only be because the captain of the guard commanded insufficient respect.  So, yeah, he sure *is* responsible.  This will ensure that the next captain dishes out more effective random punishment.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 12:00:00 am »

I assume this is because the captain of the guard is the metalcrafter?  (Or would it be metalsmith?  There's too many metalworking skills)
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

TotalPigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 12:37:00 am »

Actually, his most notable skill outside of combat is potash making. Whatever the use of that is. (Maybe it was just the mayors way of punishing him for learning how to do something so useless?) Anyway, considering he is a legendary wrestler/shield user, I think this is also absolutely comparable to the swordmaster incident.I'm just trying to highlight a bit of silliness that the current system is leading to.