Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Moding races questions about trade.  (Read 547 times)

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
Moding races questions about trade.
« on: October 21, 2010, 10:20:38 am »

I've modded in a couple races but I am having trouble getting them to want to trade. Most of the evil ones will not trade or at least it says "No Trade" in yellow letters on the pre embark screen. What do I have to do to get them to want to trade? I already took off babysnatcher and thief from all of them because I know I can add that later. Is there anything else I need to change in order to get them to send caravans?
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Moding races questions about trade.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 11:18:49 am »

They possibly do not have draft or pack animals, if they're like goblins. Giving them access to common domestic animals, or putting an animal within their definite reach would solve that (for goblins in Direforged, I added an evil slave beast to the first cavern layer so that they could trade if they wanted).
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 12:21:30 pm »

hmm nope that didn't do it. Could it be because of their EVIL tag?
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 12:38:44 pm »

I've modded in a couple races but I am having trouble getting them to want to trade. Most of the evil ones will not trade or at least it says "No Trade" in yellow letters on the pre embark screen. What do I have to do to get them to want to trade? I already took off babysnatcher and thief from all of them because I know I can add that later. Is there anything else I need to change in order to get them to send caravans?

Does their creature entry have [CAN_SPEAK]?
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Dral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 12:40:16 pm »

Is your civ at war with theirs?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 12:41:30 pm »

It could. Do they have both [USE_CAVE_ANIMALS] and [USE_EVIL_ANIMALS] ? If they do, you could try a new world with the following creature

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If they lack cave animal use, changing the biome to fit and removing underground depth could help.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 01:24:05 pm »

Yes I added Can Speak to all of them.

No they are not at war with me. At war shows up as red dashs right? This is a yellow "No Trade"

I added can use domestic animals to all of them and they also have the can use evil animal and cave animal. I will try adding that animal and see what happens.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 02:03:29 pm »

You could post the raws for the new creature and entity so people who wish to help can straight-up check to see if there are obvious errors.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 10:12:08 pm »

Sure they aren't really new, simply beefed up existing creatures. I'll post them in a minute.

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 10:28:49 pm »

AH got it to work. I was dumb and didn't add the gobo pack animal to the raw (copied it to a seperate file). Just regened the world and it all works. Thanks for the help :).