Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Nightforge: Undead Forest succesion game  (Read 12499 times)

Fedor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nightforge: Undead Forest succesion game
« Reply #90 on: December 19, 2010, 10:36:48 pm »

Im game, unless Skaltum wants to finish his final year. May I ask which version of DF we are using? im currently using .17 of 2010. Now this will be my first succesion game so I might be a little off with the reports and or story telling. It will be different for me to log every event while I'll play.
For what it's worth, I'm happy to see the next player choosing any version between X.X.16 and X.X.18.

I propose that you begin play as soon as you like.  It's been very nearly a month since the last gameplay post, and that's simply too long to wait longer.  There's a time for taking turns, and there's a time to just get the show back on the road.
Fedor Andreev is a citizen of the Federated Endeavor. He is a member of the Wandering Minds.

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2010, 05:39:13 am »

i was using 0.31.17 so it's all fine, however 18 is compatable and will have a few additional Features.

Hugo, it's alll yours ;D, have fun with the easily more defendable fortress
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #92 on: December 20, 2010, 07:16:11 pm »

Ok downloading now it will take me two hours, Hopefully I will have this done and uploaded in the space of two days, due to work I only have so many hours left of night. Luckly my social life had rolled over and died so no disturbences there. Now all I have to do is remember my DFFD password and im good to go (if not I'll just create another account for this occation or just do pass recovery lol)

Edit: Just downloaded the save took me two hours, but its all good, can't play it tonight but i'll have a look see before sleep
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 08:30:42 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Fedor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2010, 12:05:26 am »

Ok downloading now it will take me two hours, Hopefully I will have this done and uploaded in the space of two days, due to work I only have so many hours left of night. Luckly my social life had rolled over and died so no disturbences there. Now all I have to do is remember my DFFD password and im good to go (if not I'll just create another account for this occation or just do pass recovery lol)

Edit: Just downloaded the save took me two hours, but its all good, can't play it tonight but i'll have a look see before sleep
Cool beans.  And don't worry about the two days thing.  If it takes you a week to tell the story as you'd like, that's all good.
Fedor Andreev is a citizen of the Federated Endeavor. He is a member of the Wandering Minds.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2010, 09:17:26 pm »

'Ell it seems I've come to power by some random draw of a hat, Ha! This place doesnt even have any strong booze, better yet good booze. But at least it has booze. First order of business I su'pose, is digging a pool, so we may have some water handy if we must seal our selves in. Next will be mining out all ore veins and coal deposits, steel can't make it'self wit'out pig iron or refined coal. Plans for ranger towers to be constructed will be drawn and some good "sunshine" made up, even this stuff makes the humans' "moonshine" seem like water. 'Ell I better end this current log it's the 14th of Malachite, 502nd, Mid-Summer.

We had a small pool of water in our outpost already? 'Ell I underestimated this watered down booze, it seems drinking enough of it makes up for its poor making. I better get someone to hook that pool up to the brook so we may never run out of life saving medical water, A scout from the Diamond Glories spotted some migrants. I had the main bridge dropped and we hauled these ballsy dwarves in, seven in total. Only a few of them seemed afraid, but after getting some booze into them they relaxed and fit right in. Now I've been pestering Doctor Quack about my orders for mining out the known ore veins. Now I have the newcomers written down they are:

A metalsmith that is also a novice fisherdwarf, and is quick to heal (might make a fine soldier). A fish dissector that is agile and quick to heal, altho he gets sick easily he will do good to be trained in war. A lye maker that was once a great warrior, she is quick to heal, durable, and is indefatigable (she will lead a new squad and train them in swordplay). A woodcutter that is quick to heal. A butcher that has skill in trapping, he is tough, but gets sick easily and heals slowly. A tanner that is skilled with fighting and daggers, he is mighty and slow to tire (He will train with the new captain). And lastly a high master weaver that is also a carpenter and stone crafter.

also it seems that ogres stepping on rockfall traps crash my game Ive had to restart three times now.

and work has been riding me like my ex about poems, playing seems to be going to slow but hopefully I'll get my year done in good time. (or is it two years?)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 23, 2010, 10:09:09 pm »

second update, I didnt know so much could happen just as it turned summer

Humans, time to trade I su'pose. Hmm... We got lots of food and random junk that could be traded instead of crushed to nothing-ness. In
other news the underground channel for the outpost pool is going well, I have ordered a door in place of a floodgate, only because
doors close faster, never know when some dwarf leaves the channels access door open and drowns us all. I was afraid that the undead
would come to slaughter us all with the bridge/gate open but the merchants gave me a puzzled look when I asked they said only friendly
normal elephants (foolish humans their ignorance of the savagery that elephants possess is unmatched in undeath or life... They are
just waiting.)

A ambush curse those slimy green goblins, I called everyone inside but I fear for my woodcutters. The military are pooly armed or not
armed at all, I should have looked into the equipment. Curse my absentmindness hopefully the merchant guards can distract the goblins
long enough for our dwarves to gain the upperhand.

25th of Galena... A dark day, the goblins finally caught up to Limul Asteshuzar, our woodcutter. And ruthlessly murdered him, but he
did not die easily, first they shot a arrow in his back it lodged firmly in the wound, but the second arrow hit his spine and he lost
hold of his axe, unarmed and in pain the mace goblin swung her copper flail and hit Limul in the head knocking out Limul's upper left
back tooth. Then the cruel creature proceded to bash and beat poor Limul bruising and fracturing bones as the bow gobs snickered and
watched. Finally in a sick game of pin the tail on the dwarf, the bow gobs finally started to let the arrows fly. But through all this
Limul still tryed to crawl away, only dying from lack of air from collapsed lungs. R.I.P Limul. He will be engraved on a slab, may Ral
take him into her mountain halls to drink forever. But we have captured two goblin theives and the mace gob and a bow gob, they shall
suffer. Using the bridge to crush two of the remaining goblins we bum rushed the last bow gob, altho Skaltum was so eager to replace
the cages in the traps he took a arrow in the arm, luckly it was only a flesh wound, he is resting in the hospital awaiting medical
attention. With 15 dwarves pounding and using random assortment of weapons and objects the goblin suffered a much greivous fate then
Limul. Now what to do with the captives. I also traded food and some rope reed stuff for metal and medical supplys.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 24, 2010, 06:33:09 pm »

Hmm... seems the crashing during my play time seems to be random or time related, so I had to resort to saving constantly, also had a crafter get possessed but I don't have any cloth...thread which I believe is silk.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 26, 2010, 12:09:37 am »

By the 22nd of Limestone Early Autumn everyone that was injured are now back to work in good health, a slab with Limul Asteshuzar engraved on it was placed on the north wall of the outpost. He was born on 435 and died 502, also we had two weddings congratulations to Iton Cilobnefek, Ustuth Alithshetbith, and Lorbam Zonkegeth, Avuz Iklistducim. I also decimated our wood stockpile for bins and barrels there is little wood left, either we must invade the caves or risk the undead...

*The writing appears to be written in a different hand* 14th Sandstone 502 Hugo the "Drunk Defender" was engaged in battle with the Ogre "Usaltoshis" which translates to "Crumblespiraled". Hugo charged the Ogre and hacked at its left leg, his axe buried deep into the beast's muscle. It simply turned and rushed Hugo swinging its tree-like arm, he ducked but its massive size knocking into him, sending him rolling on the ground. Before Hugo could stand, the monster punched him in the left arm, jamming the bone into his shoulder and breaking it as well. It proceded to hammer on his legs only to find the expertly worked steel didn't bend to its might, Hugo finally gathered his senses and stood up only to be charged again and having a glacing blow from a jagged finger nail bruise the skin on his broken arm through his favorite cloak. swinging for Hugo's head he tried to avoid it and had his front tooth knocked out by a nail, as he tried to scamble backwords on the ground the ogre grabbed his right foot and snapped his ankle. Which he passed out from pain, where the beast played with him like a ragdoll twisting his legs and arms in impossible postions, sicking cracks and pops from broken bones and dislocated joints could be heard from inside the outpost. As it dropped Hugo onto the ground he regained consciousness long enough to have the monster stomp on his left hand breaking his fingers where he passed out again. Where it begain to gouge his face and eyes and occasonaly whacked him in the head making a *pwang* which amused it, after it had completely removed his face it smashed his head in. Finally ending Hugo's torment. Fisher-Risen charged the beast from behind hacking at the back of its knees and achillies heel bringing the beast on its hands and knees, where he then jumped on its back and hacked at its head sinking deep into the thick muscle. Fisher-Risen then hacked at the creature with his axe, like a woodsman would a great oak. First was its right hand and arm, mangling them then went to work on its legs and lower back. When the beast was eye level with Fisher-Risen trying to hold its bulk up with it's only usable left arm, Fisher-Risen stared into its eyes before he swung his axe with all his might, sending Usaltoshis's head flying. Avenging Hugo's death.

Three days after Hugo's death some migrants arived. Im thinking of dwarfing myself from one of the new comers, saddly It seems i've been the one that has a high dpm (dooms per minite)

Edit: Fixed my update, missing some words.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 12:14:11 am by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 03, 2011, 10:12:17 pm »

Three days after Hugo's death some migrants arived, ten in total, all but four were drafted, one was a metalcrafter and the other a
farmer. Two were children. Merchants have come but as we let them in Iton Cilobnfek got locked out and before we could drop the bridge
a goblin ambush came. So as a safety percaution we left him out there. He was murdered by the goblins, but it was for the greater good.
At the start of winter Besmar Etarzaneg decided to call himself "Alric, Weapon Master" hopefully he can live up to that name, or die
trying.

Spring has arrived, I now hand over the reigns to someone else. I have made a infinite save water source for our wounded, mined out
most of the ore veins, added more rooms and added more beds and traction benches for the hospital as well as assigned a fulltime medic.
made some steel weapons and armor. Created a small burial chamber for Hugo and his killer, placed notes in the area for each as well as
slabs engraved of them (same for all our dead). and crushed some junk. Also enlarged our military.

Im also having trouble uploading the save. Also its .rar

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2011, 05:03:30 pm »

Lovely, hang on in there hugo :D
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 05, 2011, 09:49:11 pm »

Are we playing for two years or one? The original rules were two, but recent comments say one.

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 06, 2011, 05:29:49 am »

If you get crashes, update to .18 (I'm assuming you still haven't done that). Odd-numbered releases often have excessive amounts of crash-bugs, .17 wasn't an exception.
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 06, 2011, 08:38:06 am »

.17 had a weapon trap bug which made weapon traps crash the game. Probably your stonefall trap crashes.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 09, 2011, 10:52:45 pm »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3667 Here is my save

Finally got it uploaded, its only one year tho, so if we play for two ill just take mine later

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 12, 2011, 08:17:53 am »

sweet, so who's next? ;D

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8