Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Nightforge: Undead Forest succesion game  (Read 12516 times)

Fisher-Risen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Nightforge: Undead Forest succesion game
« on: October 21, 2010, 07:09:39 am »

Alright, so this embark is in the middle of an undead forest. I'm talking skeleton animals. (including fish that can walk on land somehow) I will start the embark after -six- people volunteer. Only sign up if you have -some- experience please. Also, starting dwarves and equipment suggestions are welcome.
Signed up-  (Not turn order. We will settle that later)
1. lolghurt- Competent Armorer with adequate Weaponsmith, Novice armor skill and adequate hammerdwarf. Thats what i suggest. feel free to change it.
2. Thatdude- Adequate Miner
3.Fedor- I will try for Glassmaker or Blacksmith/Metalcrafter and will try to meet your dwarfs needs. Farmer/ cook also
4. Doc. Quack- You get your doctor. and yes. LOTS of injuries will probaly occur
5.Skaltum- Mad Scientist, Definitely love the idea of a mad scientist, as my mechanical prowess is on a noob level. Floodgate Moats with retractable bridges, magma execution pits, and basic trap defenses being my limit
6.Cubejackal-Hunter
7. Me- Wood-cutter/carpenter
Thats all for signups. More at year 15.
Turns are two in game years each.
First Turn-Fedor-Done-
Second Turn-Skaltum-Pending-
Third Turn-Cubejackal
Fourth Turn-Lolghurt
Fifth Turn-Fisher-Risen
Sixth Turn-
Seventh Turn-

Year 15 Pre-Sign Up Candidates (only four Positions) -

« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 06:08:49 pm by Fisher-Risen »
Quote from: Veok
"I had a great fortress going on until Leonidas kicked open the door to my clown car, but my blue suede shoes weren't ready, so Uncle Sam and his friends went to town on my tax returns."

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
Re: Nightforge: Undead Forest succesion game
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 12:45:45 am »

Sign me up!
Any dwarf, named Lolghurt
I suggest some sort of armor/weaponsmith or some armor on embark or something.
War hammers for everyone.
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

Thatdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 09:15:50 am »

Can I claim a dwarf and a turn? I'll take a miner called ThatDude please.

Fedor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 12:37:16 pm »

Signing up for a turn!

If you're willing, please look for a dwarf who likes any of the following:
steel, or axes, or short swords, or shields (make a armor or weaponsmith), clear glass (make a glassmaker), ballista parts (make a siege engineer), crossbows (make a weaponsmith), or gold or platinum (make a blacksmith or metalcrafter).

If you don't find any suitable preferences, just give me a dwarf with mostly good character traits and give him or her your choice of interesting craft skill.

Please also give this dwarf 1 point in each of Leadership and Appraisal; put remaining points in some skill that helps us get food or drink from plants.

Name him or her "Ebe Cragirons".

This dwarf hopes for an anvil, some logs, and some bituminous coal to be included in the embark.
Fedor Andreev is a citizen of the Federated Endeavor. He is a member of the Wandering Minds.

DuckThatQuacks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 12:46:44 pm »

I'll sign up. Please dwarf me as "Doctor Quack", with

Diagnostician: 3
Surgeon: 3
Wound Dresser: 2
Suturer: 1
Bone Doctor: 1

Something tells me we're going to have a lot of injured dwarves (feel free to suggest a better spread of medical skills).

I'd like to see some basic medical supplies: a few pieces of cloth, some thread, a splint, and soap if it is available. Or the ingredients to make soap.

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 10:08:26 am »

o o o o o i want in please!!!

Name: Skaltum
Profession: MAD SCIENTIST
role: mechanic 5, stone crafter 2, architect 1 and Sword Dwarf 2  :P

also i wouldn't mind being the sherif, but i'd also like to be described in the log as a mumbling fool who's always thinking of way over the top "projects"  8)

another question, can we do personal logs and back stories while we wait for our turns?

EDIT: an idea for embark items
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 10:14:41 am by skaltum »
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 10:20:26 am »

Have you embarked? If you have, could you upload a save?
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Fedor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2010, 12:56:01 pm »

3.Fedor- I will try for Glassmaker or Blacksmith/Metalcrafter and will try to meet your dwarfs needs. Plant gathering skill may not be necessary as all plantlife in the forest is dead as well.
Cool.  About the food from plants thing, let me clarify.  Please put at least 4 skill boosts into some mix of either Brewing and Farming, or Cooking and Farming.
Fedor Andreev is a citizen of the Federated Endeavor. He is a member of the Wandering Minds.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2010, 02:36:15 pm »

i'd sign up, but I'm still sort of a newb at DF.

I mean, I could probably kick off the fortress (barring some unforseen fun), As I know my way around the menu..

but still...

CubeJackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2010, 02:42:13 pm »

Sign me up. I probably don't have as much experience as most of you, but it's enough to keep a basic fortress running (and I also read the HFS spoilers, what a bad person i am). However, I've never been man enough to settle anywhere more dangerous than Wilderness areas, so this'll be a first time thing for me. Wish me luck! :-\
PM me here when it's my turn, as I don't often check my email.
I would like novice skills in hunting, trapping, ambushing, fishing and fish cleaning. I could be the fortress's hunter-gatherer, if you will. Name my dwarf 'Urist McCubic'.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 06:40:18 pm by CubeJackal »

DuckThatQuacks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2010, 02:48:10 pm »

i'd sign up, but I'm still sort of a newb at DF.

I mean, I could probably kick off the fortress (barring some unforseen fun), As I know my way around the menu..

but still...

You could perhaps sign up for a later turn, when the fortress is more established (and by the time your turn comes around, perhaps you will be less of a newb at DF).

CubeJackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2010, 02:53:34 pm »

Can we expect any time-consuming magma-powered doomsday devices (the activation of which invariably spells the beginning of the end for the fortress) in this little ditty? Because I love watching those things in action and may not be able to contain myself should one be constructed and functional prior to my turn.

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2010, 02:59:52 pm »

Can we expect any time-consuming magma-powered doomsday devices (the activation of which invariably spells the beginning of the end for the fortress) in this little ditty? Because I love watching those things in action and may not be able to contain myself should one be constructed and functional prior to my turn.

i may or may not make some kind of doomsday device, depends on the area and if i'm up to it, but definatly expect some sort of "tribute"
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

CubeJackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2010, 03:02:01 pm »

i may or may not make some kind of doomsday device, depends on the area and if i'm up to it, but definatly expect some sort of "tribute"

Oh boy! I can't wait to melt some elves!

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2010, 03:13:03 pm »

Oh boy! I can't wait to melt some elves!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

i just hope we don't have to punch through 3 different caverns to get to the magma, building over 182 pumps isn't exactly FUN UNLESS certian creatures get involved   ;D

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8