Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Mafia Board Attendance Rank System - Quarter 0  (Read 17095 times)

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Board Attendance Rank System - Quarter 0
« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2010, 02:12:11 am »

Since I'm all out of games, I'll do some clean up here. It's all y'all's fault for killing me off or not starting your games quickly enough.

In Ye Olde Times, There used to be an Attendance Ranking thread here, before I joined, and it was good. It died when the previous maintainer left for greener pastures elsewhere.

Not that long ago, a consensus formed about the idea of starting a new one. Webadict volunteered to open it, and it met with general approval (not universal, some issues remained to be ironed out, but received general support). Some good discussion was had, one game (VM3) was reported and updated on the Original Post, and then it sort of died. Mods stopped reporting results, and then even when they did, the results were not reflected. Not good.

If you are new, or don't know what I'm talking about, read the thread, or see here:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So, where are we?

I ask the relevant actors to clarify their positions as follows:
(Request copied in PM as well, so they should at least acknowledge it; "I missed the thread" won't do it)

Webadict: are you still up to be the maintainer for this? If so, please update the original post with the results from BMXVII as posted by Toaster upthread, and let us know (by update or post) of anyone else missing their notes. If you need help, ask, I'm sure someone will be ready to chip in.

Mods of recently ended games: I respectfully request you take one of the following four actions:
a) Please submit, by PM to webadict or by posting here, a list of players in your game(s), prods and replaces that happened (or let us know if you already did).
b) Let us know if you choose not to add a specific game to the board.
c) Let us know if you disapprove of the board system in general, and vote for its abandonment.
d) Other: Specify ___________   (but please tell us, don't just ignore it).

By my count, the following mods have recently ended games (if I missed any, please add them):

Toaster: Mafia Salad (sent to wuba), BMXVII (reported up thread)

GlyphGryph: Cybrid Mafia II (done below); Aliens/Zombie/Demons (done below); Quick Bastard Redux (done below)

Mephansteras: Paranormal 17 (sent to wuba)

Ottofar: VM4 (done below)

JanusTwoface: Sorcerer's Apprentice I (sent to wuba); Sorcerer's Apprentice II (sent to wuba)

Zathras: VM5 (disregarded)
Answer: (b) Everyone in VM5 was modkilled due to mod error with the balance and general disinterest. It should not be counted and players should not be penalised (maybe the mod should be, but that's not for me to say).

All accounted for! Yay!

There should be at least half a dozen games ready to populate the incipient new Attendance board. With your help, we'd have a large enough baseline to give us some direction on how to proceed.

In short: please people, let's either agree to do this and do it, or agree not to do it, but let's not give into apathy and allow the question to linger and oblivion to drown it.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 03:51:57 pm by Zathras »
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2010, 02:41:04 am »

GlyphGryph has reported on Quick Bastard Redux:

Players: Webadict, Solifuge, Toaster, Zathras, Vector.
No replaces, no prods.

...working on the others.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 20, 2010, 10:13:57 am »

Thanks Zathras. I have odd internet schedules, so it's tough to stay caught up.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 20, 2010, 08:00:19 pm »

GlyphGryph has reported on the pending two games:

Cybrid Mafia II
Players: Toonyman, Ottofar, Jokerman-EXE, Toaster, Mr. Person, Elegy (replaced: banned), Azure Sepulchre
Replaces: Zathras replaced Elegy.

Aliens/Zombie/Demons
Players: Criptfeind, Leafsnail, Pandarsenic, Org, Spade, Jokerman-EXE, ToonyMan, Elegy (replaced: banned), Toaster.
Replaces: Eduren replaced Elegy.

That leaves only Ottofar's VM4 pending. PM sent.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2010, 03:50:58 pm »

Ottofar has reported about VM4:

Players: GryphGlyph, Pandarsenic, Webadict, JanusTwoface, IronyOwl.
No prods, no replaces.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2011, 09:11:10 am »

Question: Should I get this running again? Last time I was trying to, I had lost my internet. However, being back at school, I do have more internet. Would everyone be okay with that?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2011, 09:13:59 am »

Question: Should I get this running again? Last time I was trying to, I had lost my internet. However, being back at school, I do have more internet. Would everyone be okay with that?

Yes.  Do it.  Make me a happy woman and we shall feast on the blood of bureaucracy together, comrade.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2011, 09:14:37 am »

Yes.  Do it.  Make me a happy woman and we shall feast on the blood of bureaucracy together, comrade.
For the mothercountry!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2011, 10:40:44 am »

Who needs mafia games to play when you can have bureaucracy?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2011, 12:18:38 pm »

Kingmaker 3:

Ottofar
Jim Groovester
NativeForeigner
Jokerman-EXE
Pandarsenic
Mindmaker
Zrk2
Dariush
Webadict

Perfect attendance: no prods or replaces.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2011, 12:26:28 pm »

I PM'd Webadict attendance results from BM XVIII a while ago
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2011, 12:58:25 pm »

Do not worry. I'm going through old PMs, and I'll list games that have been added underneath. There would be more if I had had more time this morning. Luckily, I'll have a little tonight.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 26, 2011, 07:57:18 pm »

I've got some listed, but it just takes a while due to rampant laziness. So, I'll try to get a few every day or so until they're all up.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 09, 2011, 05:55:16 am »

I nominate Archangel for an F-rank for intentionally playing to lose twice now. Both times it was Archangel getting converted into a cult, getting pissed off, claiming cult, and hindering the rest of the cult by getting lynched/modkilled. We told Archangel this was not acceptable behavior, yet Archangel does it again. Archangel claims that playing to lose was acceptable behavior and shows no signs of changing.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 09, 2011, 08:38:19 am »

I nominate Archangel for an F-rank for intentionally playing to lose twice now. Both times it was Archangel getting converted into a cult, getting pissed off, claiming cult, and hindering the rest of the cult by getting lynched/modkilled. We told Archangel this was not acceptable behavior, yet Archangel does it again. Archangel claims that playing to lose was acceptable behavior and shows no signs of changing.
I have to agree, actually. Not only that, but your win had been pretty much guaranteed if he hadn't've claimed. You guys still managed to win, but the point stands. And yes, both of those have been in my games, which really ticks me off.

I've already yelled at Archangel for this, so I won't rant about it again. Unfortunately, I think two mods have to bring cases for reasons in THEIR games. So, I can't just brand Archangel with an F for his plays in both of my games, especially since it wasn't during a period listed in this Attendance System.

He does, however, get an E. As soon as I get around to updating some more. It's all so very boring.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8