Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Two Waterwheel Related Bugs/Curiosities  (Read 966 times)

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Two Waterwheel Related Bugs/Curiosities
« on: January 19, 2008, 06:41:00 am »

Durring the construction of a giant water tower, I figured that I could power it by placing 5 waterwheels side by side in the inflow to the pumps (two, actually, due to needing 857 power) and that when the water flowed in from the river it would be considered "flowing" and have a depth of at least 4 (eventually).

However, they did not start to spin, it may have been due to the high power requirement and that not all of them were supplying power simutaneously.  Disconnected them from the rest of the structure via lever, didn't help, even though it only needs 117 power now.

On to the bug.

So I built some waterwheels off to the side using the Physics Breaking Meathod of Aquifer Breaching layout

code:

===
===
.%%_
===
===

And for some reason, these did start spinning, and were built before the pump.  Bug: Some of the wheels on the same flow were spinning, some were not.

Great!  We'll save, reload, and continue!  I can use this 400 power to jump-start the rest of the wheels.

Second bug: On load, the waterwheels fell appart because they weren't supported by the unbuilt screwpump, despite the phantom support prior to the save.  Annoying more than anything.