Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Beardling strange moods  (Read 3333 times)

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beardling strange moods
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2010, 09:42:06 pm »

There's an infinitely recursing spiral of earrings and the community here can only say "Yeah this happens occasionally."
That, sir, is getting sigg'd.

It does slighty amuse me that a four year old creates an earring and is heralded as a ledgendary craftsman then on after.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2010, 11:50:56 pm »

I was paraphrasing someone else's take on the topic, but sure, sig away.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2010, 08:43:37 am »

Yes, I'd noticed.. But I think it really sums up the logic of dwarf fortress.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2010, 08:47:34 am »

There's an infinitely recursing spiral of earrings and the community here can only say "Yeah this happens occasionally."

It does slighty amuse me that a four year old creates an earring and is heralded as a ledgendary craftsman then on after.

But I sigged it first!  >:(
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2010, 09:51:02 am »

People are having competitions over who gets to sig my stuff. >_> I guess I should be happy my comments are that funny.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2010, 10:27:47 pm »

But I sigged it first!  >:(
Hard to notice when there's no updates about it.
But it's not really worth fighting over it. ::)

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2010, 10:38:50 pm »

It was really just a joke.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2010, 03:55:19 pm »

One of the children in my last fort made a bone earring.  I'd like to think that it would have also been recursive if it weren't for the bone artifact bug.  Also, he used quite a few bones making it. Dwarves are creepy.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2010, 05:16:53 pm »

One of the children in my last fort made a bone earring.  I'd like to think that it would have also been recursive if it weren't for the bone artifact bug.  Also, he used quite a few bones making it. Dwarves are creepy.
Do you think it was an earring that was the same size as he is? I'd be interesting to see dwarves walking around high society parties wearing entire puppies as earrings.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2010, 09:59:40 pm »

Do you think it was an earring that was the same size as he is? I'd be interesting to see dwarves walking around high society parties wearing entire puppies as earrings.

More like kittens.
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2010, 10:12:07 pm »

More like kittens.
A kitten on the right, a puppy on the left.
Lets not forget the jacket made of a horse's ribcage.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2010, 12:21:29 am »

Wait, we get JACKETS now!?
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2010, 12:51:10 pm »

Uhh...
Time to edit the RAWs... For !!FASHION!!

Traece

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2010, 11:00:17 pm »

I had a dwarven child make a feather wood figurine worth 8400 that depicts a yet another human getting slaughtered by Nethgon Blossomdung the Leopard of Love. So far this titan has had three statues made of him depicting various other humans getting killed by him.

"It is encrusted with citrine, decorated with palm and encircled with bands of feather wood. This object is adorned with hanging rings of rhyolite. On the item is an image of two waves in willow."

I wonder how he'll react when I sell it to merchants from the dwarvenhomes. :)

Edit: I wasn't able to sell it. No matter what I did, it just wouldn't allow me to do so!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 11:12:54 pm by Traece »
In adventure mode I killed a Hydra within fifteen minutes, and then was mortally wounded by Carp while swimming in a river.
Pages: 1 [2]