Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11035 11036 [11037] 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14408649 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #165540 on: September 18, 2024, 12:45:25 pm »

I mean, the gaza war has been full of indiscriminate attacks.  Partly because the combatants are purposely blending into civilian populations
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165541 on: September 18, 2024, 12:56:16 pm »

Man, I'll never get used to the gleeful frenzy martinuzz whips himself into over blood being spilled somewhere on the other side of the world.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165542 on: September 18, 2024, 01:01:51 pm »

Civilians and children were injured by this attack, yes. Feels kinda like lacing hundreds of cluster bomblettes with delayed fuses into a civilian population.

Reminder that israel also sent missile strikes at the port fuel bunkers in Lebanon. Which, ya know, happened.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #165543 on: September 18, 2024, 01:37:42 pm »

I’m not sure on the wisdom of infusing the emotion threads with politics.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165544 on: September 18, 2024, 02:37:29 pm »

I’m not sure on the wisdom of infusing the emotion threads with politics.
Then i will simply note that ducks and geese are unressonably adorable.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #165545 on: September 18, 2024, 03:11:26 pm »

I was idly scrolling through the list of games released for the Nintendo Switch eShop this week, and saw that Hard Time 3 was on there. I don't know what was more bizarre, that three games were made, or that it managed to work on the Switch. This is the same guy who deliberately had the first one crash on exit because he couldn't properly code an exit function, and also thought he was hot shit because he figured out the idea of multiple save slots.

Also on the same list of releases was an H-game. Now that I think about it, the Nintendo eShop doesn't do any kind of age verification for purchasing adult games, does it?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165546 on: September 18, 2024, 03:13:01 pm »

Pronouncing the 'h' in 'herbs'.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #165547 on: September 18, 2024, 03:25:00 pm »

I swear that magic exists, and exclusively to fuck with me.

Nail clippers vanished. Used them earlier today, looked everywhere for them. Checked my jean pockets three times.

Decided to have one more go and what do you know, somehow they were in the jean pockets.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #165548 on: September 18, 2024, 03:30:25 pm »

I was idly scrolling through the list of games released for the Nintendo Switch eShop this week, and saw that Hard Time 3 was on there. I don't know what was more bizarre, that three games were made, or that it managed to work on the Switch. This is the same guy who deliberately had the first one crash on exit because he couldn't properly code an exit function, and also thought he was hot shit because he figured out the idea of multiple save slots.

Also on the same list of releases was an H-game. Now that I think about it, the Nintendo eShop doesn't do any kind of age verification for purchasing adult games, does it?

Oh man, I hadn't thought about MDickie for years, and then just last week I was pondering on what a chaotic and storied career he's had... And now this. I was aware of 1 and 2, but I don't think 3 ever entered my periphery... Unless that's the one that went 2D?

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165549 on: Today at 05:13:04 am »

I was in London recently, and it felt like every pedestrian except me ignored the traffic lights, just waiting for a gap.
Also, around 15% cyclists ignored their traffic lights, which obviously resulted in several cases when cyclists almost hit pedestrians.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #165550 on: Today at 10:31:18 am »

I was in London recently, and it felt like every pedestrian except me ignored the traffic lights, just waiting for a gap.
Also, around 15% cyclists ignored their traffic lights, which obviously resulted in several cases when cyclists almost hit pedestrians.

Jaywalking isn’t a thing in the UK. Usually when you want to cross a road you do just look for a gap in traffic, whether it’s at a traffic light or not.

Cyclists are also odd creatures. The only times I have ever been close to being hit by something as a pedestrian it’s always been a cyclist.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

zhijinghaofromchina

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a fan of 矮人要塞
    • View Profile
« Reply #165551 on: Today at 11:04:48 am »

Why don’t the government take pictures of the pedestrian who broke the traffic rules, and show the pictures on a picture screen in order to warn others , I believed that this action could solve it .

The only time I knocked down by the cyclists was a few years ago when I was rushing to the school bus without taking any notice of the traffic , a force from the bicycle knocked me down, but I didn’t get any wounds and everything was ok.
问苍茫大地,谁主沉浮?我主沉浮!
Ask the vast land , who is in charge of the ups and downs .
I am in charge of the ups and downs !

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165552 on: Today at 11:39:58 am »

Unfortunately the prevailing mindset in our country is the needs of the self outweigh the needs of others, let alone the needs of the many.

Also our government doesn't have the authority to shame individuals like that.  You have to get filmed and put on YouTube or TikTok by a member of the general public instead.   ;)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #165553 on: Today at 12:08:26 pm »

"People on bikes", not "cyclists". That'd be own distinction, of course, but as a cyclist person myself (or can at least be cyclist-adjacent, when I'm a pedestrian or motorist), I am as frustrated with 'cyclists' that don't obey the rules of the road (or even use the not-road, in all the ways that they shouldn't!) as anybody.

The last time I commented specifically (a bike approaching me on the pavement had me check for traffic and step into the road, and intimated, with a smile that this was really entirely the wrong way round), I got the reply "It is what it is". Which I felt to be particularly dismissive of the rider's clear flouting of both legal issues (ignorance of these being common) and practical niceties (inconsiderateness also).

As a pedestrian, I actually avoid pressing pedestrian crossing buttons (if I don't see other people approaching the crossing), if the traffic lets me. If I activate their red light it'll slow them down (at least) far more than necessary, as I'm not the slowest walker. If there's a gap (in both directions, if necessary) I'll take it.

If they are pedestrian crossings integrated with road-junction lights then there'll be green men eventually anyway. I'm convinced that some such crossings have the pedestrian lights 'dummied' to the road lights, they light the "wait", etc, but don't actually (or, at least, don't always) affect the traffic timings. Especially with adjacent junctions being set to pass and release 'waves' of traffic back and forth at busy times (tuned to whether it's a morning or evening 'rush hour').

But, yeah, people are bad road users, on average. Whether two wheels or none or four or six-or-more.
« Last Edit: Today at 12:28:50 pm by Starver »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #165554 on: Today at 12:21:31 pm »

Why don’t the government take pictures of the pedestrian who broke the traffic rules, and show the pictures on a picture screen in order to warn others , I believed that this action could solve it .

This is a culture thing. Over here, you could put it on every billboard in the area and the person would probably have a "So fucking what?" response, because we don't value conformity in a way that makes shame effective.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 11035 11036 [11037] 11038