Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11029 11030 [11031] 11032 11033 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14393969 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #165450 on: August 28, 2024, 02:32:22 am »

It's called masochism and it's a kink.

Were all masochists for star wars.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #165451 on: August 28, 2024, 03:22:19 am »

Apparently the force we have to rely on, in a galaxy that contains Jedi, is fucking magnetism.

When the game makes you stop and think something makes absolutely zero sense, the game has done something very wrong.

Part of me wants to finish the game, but there’s another part of me that knows even if I just kick the difficulty down to story mode I’ll still get frustrated at the horrific writing.

Like, you start this part of the game with the antagonist manipulating the protagonist as summarized in my previous post, and they hack your comms and goad you between puzzles and traversal, until toward the end she says something along the lines of “this part looks precarious, I hope you enjoy your death” and the protagonist responds with “was this your plan all along?” and I had to pause the game because it made me so angry. I don’t know if it was the writers writing such an actually stupid character or if they were treating me, the player, as though this was some sort of spectacular twist that wasn’t so obvious that I’d seen it coming for the last hour or so of the game that made me so angry, but it was just such visceral rage I had to take the time to calm myself down.

This is followed by a bizarre, out of nowhere side plot thing that I don’t think has a bearing on anything, after which the protagonist wants to have a conversation with one of the other characters who has been found to have been less than forthcoming with the truth, who then asks if they can talk later. The protagonist for some reason is cool with that… then a hyperspace journey, during which they talk about weird noises coming from inside the ship, instead of the elephant in the room. I assume this is foreshadowing, but the game bugged out on me after that so I stopped for the night.

I will torture myself further tomorrow, and rant again I imagine.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #165452 on: August 29, 2024, 10:41:39 am »

It's called masochism and it's a kink.

Lol, hell no. I've seen exactly one of the movies since the prequels and I'd rather grind my junk over sandpaper than sit through more of Disney desperately attempting to find something that will stick.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #165453 on: August 29, 2024, 10:48:33 am »

Is that an exaggeration, or do you care so much about star wars that it's literally agonizing to watch didney stahwars, or are you just a masochist?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #165454 on: August 29, 2024, 11:33:49 am »

I tend to disregard new star wars lore.  the last star wars ive seen was jarjar being me-ssa all talka like dis
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #165455 on: August 29, 2024, 11:56:01 am »

Is that an exaggeration, or do you care so much about star wars that it's literally agonizing to watch didney stahwars, or are you just a masochist?

Assuming that's directed at me....

Truth is, I never loved Star Wars as a kid. Jedi were cool, lightsabers were cool, the story arcs were cool. But I never fell in love with it like many did.

The Prequels were sheer schadenfreude for me and I enjoyed them on that basis. Like watching a bad B movie.

Everything since then though has just been embarrassing to see, making me pine for the rather cheesy Prequels by comparison. It takes itself SO seriously. It's mainlining so many cultural and political touchpoints that it feels like it's been designed by committee. It is rather painful for me to see Disney strap the franchise to a table and dissect it piece by piece to see how much value they can get out of it. The signal to noise ratio is immense, because now there have to be 12 things in a cinematic universe and more is planned even if what they're doing isn't working.

I get tired just thinking about Star Wars. And I don't even rise to the level of "a fan."
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #165456 on: August 29, 2024, 12:37:43 pm »

ill mark it as masochism

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #165457 on: August 29, 2024, 07:43:30 pm »

I found out about lash eggs.

I want to scream and/or cry.

I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #165458 on: August 29, 2024, 11:42:02 pm »

fuuuuuuck i hope i never get one of those.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #165459 on: August 30, 2024, 01:56:24 am »

Isn't nature wonderful with all the weird shit that can happen.

I've never really been that into Star Wars.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #165460 on: August 30, 2024, 04:52:24 am »

Hah, wimp. Looked it up and it is not even in the top 50 of my worst discoveries list.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2024, 06:01:35 am by Magmacube_tr »
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #165461 on: August 30, 2024, 04:55:33 am »

I used to be sorta masochistic for starwars. I never really liked the media that much, but I really enjoyed the setting and ended up consuming much of the media because of it. But holy hell The Rise of Skywalker was probably the worst movie I've ever seen. I've not even slightly cared about anything starwars since.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #165462 on: August 30, 2024, 08:52:12 pm »

Hah, wimp. Looked it up and it is not even in the top 50 of my worst discoveries list.
It might be in part that my intrusive thoughts keep making me imagine biting into one.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #165463 on: August 30, 2024, 09:42:19 pm »

Same.
I make Spellcrafts!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #165464 on: August 31, 2024, 12:31:53 am »

Man, doing the pre-bed sudoku hell board I've been doing for the last week or two. Later than it should be, felt worse than normal and had a distinct vibe of "I really shouldn't be doing this at half past midnight". Failed like half a dozen times to 0 mistake it, most of them to really obvious stuff.

... then I finally get a 0 mistake clear, and my half-asleep ass beats my best time to date by like a minute and a half. What the hell.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 11029 11030 [11031] 11032 11033 ... 11037