Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11022 11023 [11024] 11025 11026 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14410681 times)

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #165345 on: August 14, 2024, 08:21:52 pm »

When I lie down, especially to sleep, I have a habit of jerking (Not like that you pervert). Rest of the day, fine. Lie down, I'll get random twitches. Weirdly I often feel the twitch coming on a second, half second before it actually occurs. Can't stop it, but it's like I sense the random neuron firing that makes it occur.

I've tried looking it up but all I get is stuff about hypnic jerks, which this isn't. I've had those, they present as a sudden mental image of something hitting me in the face and me suddenly having a full-body jolt. This is usually a single leg and often not when I'm falling asleep.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #165346 on: August 14, 2024, 08:58:10 pm »

Could be a lack of water.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #165347 on: August 15, 2024, 04:51:10 am »

Sister went to the hospital during the night because of a toothache. Dog is going a little nuts from loneliness.

Also, her boyfriend has the same name as me. That's not awkward at all.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #165348 on: August 15, 2024, 09:17:56 am »

It's a little awkward, really :V

Anyway, personal wtf... had covid exposure earlier this week. Not symptomatic yet (and here's hoping I won't be, blech), but it hasn't been long enough to be sure, either. Trying to figure out testing options, the local health department's ended their public testing (fucking florida!), but there was still free service for uninsured a town over, so... that was good, got that set for monday since tomorrow's soon enough it might give a false negative and the weekend's not an option.

The wtf came from the confirmation code they set for the appointment. Shortened a bit, but the code?

It said "Bye Info".

Most on the nose thing I think I've seen out of a medical provider in my entire life, ha.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #165349 on: August 16, 2024, 07:58:27 pm »

So I went for an interview.  Loss prevention for a certain chain store.  I dont want to do a real people job, Im looking for remote Part Time, but I suppose it doesnt hurt to check it out.  Easy enough work, largely gonna be my own man, get trained in what they want and how to implement it their way, the guy seemed to like me from the get.

Have you ever been in a situation and in the back of your mind the intrusive thought 'what if I just punched him right now out of nowhere' comes and hangs?  Who will stop me?  Can he stop me?  Would he stop me or just cower?

Not the first time.  I had a period of time, on and off for a year almost, where every time I got into my car and drove I thought about how the yellow lines were just arbitrary and in my head and I should swerve over them to spook other people.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #165350 on: August 16, 2024, 09:48:32 pm »

You're not the only one, definitely. No, this hasn't caused actual problems at all...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #165351 on: August 16, 2024, 10:14:09 pm »

So I went for an interview.  Loss prevention for a certain chain store.  I dont want to do a real people job, Im looking for remote Part Time, but I suppose it doesnt hurt to check it out.  Easy enough work, largely gonna be my own man, get trained in what they want and how to implement it their way, the guy seemed to like me from the get.

Have you ever been in a situation and in the back of your mind the intrusive thought 'what if I just punched him right now out of nowhere' comes and hangs?  Who will stop me?  Can he stop me?  Would he stop me or just cower?

Kick him until he stops moving and then take over his identity
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #165352 on: August 16, 2024, 10:33:34 pm »

The intrusive thoughts demon is real and his name is Chairman Poo.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #165353 on: August 17, 2024, 12:03:24 am »

pictured via midnight mspaint:
Ask not!
Ask!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #165354 on: August 17, 2024, 04:14:32 am »

This is often your brain reacting to a perceived danger or otherwise working through a potentially complicated situation.  Loss prevention is an area where there is real risk of conflict, so your brain probably flipped into "fight mode" while pondering it.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #165355 on: August 17, 2024, 12:36:17 pm »

More of a funny as fuck thing, but... Trump Sex Toys...
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #165356 on: August 17, 2024, 12:42:50 pm »

There's something like that for most presidents, iirc? Politician themed sex toys isn't a sizeable niche in the market, but it's a persistent small one. It's not unusual for there to be one or two for major names.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2024, 12:44:41 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #165357 on: August 17, 2024, 01:13:45 pm »

Politician themed sex toys isn't a sizeable niche in the market, but it's a persistent small one.

Just a mundane prick in the market. A simple pecker on a large tree. An ordinary dick investigating a massive scandal. The dong of a single bell in the Holy See. It's a baby named Johnson being strollered into Johnson & Johnson baby supplies. A lone banana lost in a cluster of hands. The middle bishop at a synod. A medial bone at an archeological dig. The benign chub at a fat camp. The sleepiest anaconda in the snake pit. Not the cock of the walk, but the cock of the talk. The soggy corn-dog at the state fair. The cucumber treat that keeps the mammoth jack working. The dork at a bodypillow convention. The dutch rudder of the Gouden Leeuw. The gherkin on the floor of the pickle factory. A jackhammer at a construction site. A jawbreaker in a candy store. The faulty knob on a radio.

You know.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #165358 on: August 17, 2024, 02:04:47 pm »

An ordinary dick investigating a massive scandal.
I'd let him chop down my cherry tree :p
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #165359 on: August 17, 2024, 02:55:32 pm »

He can emancipate me anytime he wants.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 11022 11023 [11024] 11025 11026 ... 11038