Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11020 11021 [11022] 11023 11024 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14414676 times)

zhijinghaofromchina

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a fan of 矮人要塞
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #165315 on: August 10, 2024, 09:42:39 pm »

We got a spam bot, over in DF general discussion. Haven't seen that in a long while.

Should I or anyone report it to the moderators? Anyway it violates the forum rules. If the sites cheat someone or cause property losses, maybe it’s illegal and the spam robot should be muted.
问苍茫大地,谁主沉浮?我主沉浮!
Ask the vast land , who is in charge of the ups and downs .
I am in charge of the ups and downs !

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #165316 on: August 10, 2024, 10:14:09 pm »

I already reported it. First thing I did.

And no, I'm not stupid enough to click on mysterious spambot links.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #165317 on: August 10, 2024, 11:08:20 pm »

I already reported it. First thing I did.

And no, I'm not stupid enough to click on mysterious spambot links.

But you’ll disappoint girls in your area!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165318 on: August 11, 2024, 01:53:10 am »

At least it wasnt more british kitchen nonsense...

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #165319 on: August 11, 2024, 09:02:30 am »

My favourite bot was the one that actually reported someone who called it out, but filled the report as ? ? ?

Toady was as confused as everyone else.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #165320 on: August 12, 2024, 08:49:39 am »

Self-aware bot was a vibe
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #165321 on: August 12, 2024, 09:15:54 am »

Im looking forward to the day when we can lock 11 players into a mafia room and tell them than one is a bot and 2 of them are trying to kill it.  So it has to hide.

Thats it.  Thats the game.  Theres a king and he is robot
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165322 on: August 12, 2024, 11:27:16 am »

I just had to get a new phone, because the old one had terrible sound on phone calls, and it was getting worse. Only phone calls though, everything else sounded perfectly normal.

So I bought a Samsung S15. And then I discovered, that it refuses to charge with other cable than the one that came with it. If I plug my old cable into it, it keeps beeping as it starts charging, then immediately stops charging. But the old cable still works perfectly well with my old phone, so it is clearly on the new phone's side.  The cable that came with it is a double USB C cable, and I do not have a USB C charger. Probably a feature to force me to buy the charger too.

What I do have is a powerbank with a Micro USB, 2x USB, and USB C connectors. So I can still charge the powerbank during the day, and charge the phone at night.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #165323 on: August 12, 2024, 12:07:22 pm »

This is really a WTF with me.

I've been talking to one person for a few weeks now. Been on 2 coffee dates and two dinner dates. And....it's just not jiving. The issues are two fold: one, she's very closed off and the conversations in person are still pretty awkward. For two, she's financially on the ropes and her life is kind of a mess. Which isn't encouraging me to make the jump to a full relationship.

And then within the last week I started talking to another person. The conversations are better, she's very open....but her life is a hot dumpster fire of a mess. Single mother with a new born, living with her ex who isn't the father, doesn't have a job, has some health problems....

Both of them want exclusive, monogamous relationships and both are at the point where it's going to tip across the line, or not.

And I've kind of decided I don't think I want to date either of them.

Buuuuuttttttt....I now have to have those conversations. Woman #1, we'll call her K, I haven't leveled with. Woman #2, who we will call S, I have leveled with and she still seems to want to hang out.

Both women have had it rough. K is near 40, S is 32. Both single mothers. Both living pay check to pay check with plenty of things they need but don't have the money for.

I've got a pretty comfortable life. It's not extravagant but it's cozy and I don't worry about how I'm going to pay my bills.

When I'm in a relationship with someone, I want to support them. But I want a partner to 50/50 life with. And both of these women aren't in the same place I am. Which means a relationship is going to start looking like me providing for them.

UUuuuuugggghhhhhhhhhhh...........this is the shitty part of dating. Telling people it's not working. I know I'm being honest with people and that's the right thing to do, but it doesn't make the actual emotional impact any easier. I've been told it's not working before, I know it hurts. And I had this conversation with someone last year that was pretty much the same thing: you're kind of a mess and I don't know if I want to get entangled with it.

I guess my WTF is I should NOT be trying to talk to multiple people at the same time. I'm not officially in a relationship with either of them, and there's been no sex. I've already leveled with S, but now K is asking how things are going and noticing that I'm not as responsive as I have been previously.

Moments like this make me question wtf I'm doing and if I should even be actively trying to date. I don't like hurting people's feelings but that's the risk you take making connections. It doesn't make the responsibility to do the right thing and be honest with people any less shittier. But the alternative is so much worse.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2024, 04:07:25 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #165324 on: August 12, 2024, 12:39:17 pm »

If its not jiving with you you owe it to yourself, and their integrity, to be honest.  Dont get into something that wont last unless that what you want.  Its called self-control because it's very easy to just take the pleasure of the moment and disregard the consequences until they are the moment.

So I bought a Samsung S15. And then I discovered, that it refuses to charge with other cable than the one that came with it. If I plug my old cable into it, it keeps beeping as it starts charging, then immediately stops charging. But the old cable still works perfectly well with my old phone, so it is clearly on the new phone's side.  The cable that came with it is a double USB C cable, and I do not have a USB C charger. Probably a feature to force me to buy the charger too.
My old workplace has gratuitous wireless chargers.  They 'worked' for iphone, but kept beeping and restarting charging.  I decided not to risk it, but they did work over time.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2024, 12:40:59 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #165325 on: August 12, 2024, 03:28:43 pm »

It was a lot easier when you were younger, because you have your whole life ahead of you. In middle age everyone is looking at the rest of their life and realizing they need to lock something down. Which means almost every relationship is on the pretext of "this shouldn't be casual." Every person and what they're looking for is different, but by and large most want the same thing.

I just don't want to put myself in position where I've got a side chick. That's not fair to anyone.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #165326 on: August 12, 2024, 04:47:58 pm »

Doing a crossword because I'm an adult. I did super shit on it, partly because today's was based on a lot of American stuff so I didn't know it as a Brit, and some because the answers were absolute bollocks.

[blank] to go. Five letters, so it can't be raring. Except it was, but it was rarin. If we're going to start allowing people to take letters off the end of -ing words then crosswords become a lot more difficult and stupid.

Another was "Some drink trolleys". Five letters again, no idea, it's a clue word so it's actually 8 letters, starting with car. Answer is teats. The fuck is a carteat? Or is it a cart eat? Or carte at? All of the reasonable answers make no sense to me, and looking it up online has just lead Google to throw its hands up in confusion too.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #165327 on: August 12, 2024, 05:07:22 pm »

Did they have the neural net design the crossword?

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #165328 on: August 12, 2024, 07:22:26 pm »

Meteor watching again, saw the effects of what must have been one hell of a large one. Entire 10 degree arc of sky lit up for half a second, and that was what I could see, the house's chimney was in the way of whatever it actually was.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #165329 on: August 12, 2024, 09:17:19 pm »

[Please do not quote]

Actual decency...? It isn't surprising that decency is coming from you, but rather that it exists at all in this universe. *slightly lifts jade colored glasses*

Having seen multiple girls' point(s) of view on this. It's an odd hand but here's one good way to play it. Honor, Layers vs. Binary, Networking. Reputation.

Honor: Basically what you're proposing. You be honest with them, but not cruel. Basically, it won't work out "like that," but the person actually can be someone to talk to and hang with without being in a "relationship." At some point, no one has to (or can) match with everyone. They just need one person. This means they won't match with a lot of other people "that way." You didn't do anything too far and didn't lead people on. Good on you.

Layer vs. Binary: In line with the above, friends or acquaintances. Different levels and types of activities/chilling. It can be more or less distant depending upon the individual involved. It could be the whole facebook friends deal, or slightly more involved, chill text, or hanging out in a larger group activity (game night, some other club etc). Of course, if they go off the deep end, then there's an obvious answer for that too.

Networking: In line with the first two points, you might not match with her.... but she has friends she talks to.... At some point, one of her other friends might match down the road. Might be 6 months to a year and a half, but you can meet some really cool girl that way. If she is still "friends" and it didn't blow up, then believe it or not referrals happen. I actually set up a girl with a really awesome guy this way; in their case they got married and have two kids. Not always the result, but yeah.

Reputation: Works both ways for all parties. That's one thing where I actually got this idea from a girl I was friends with. This guy was breaking up with her and he actually said he would totally tell any of his guy friends she was awesome to hang with and great. As that girl's friend, I was totally expecting her to cry on my shoulder about how he was a jackass who broke up with her and broke her heart. Only question being the degree to which he did it. To my surprise, he was awesome and she actually ended up dating one of his friends about 5 months later.

You are valid and it is kinda odd to deal with. Your points about changing scenes are totally true. Oddly, people end up dealing with a population who are older but not necessarily wiser with the weight of their mistakes and misfortunes. You're smart to think it through. Hang in there man.

[Please do not quote]
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 11020 11021 [11022] 11023 11024 ... 11038