Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11019 11020 [11021] 11022 11023 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14414828 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #165300 on: August 06, 2024, 11:48:21 am »

(but communication is impossible!)

Should I?

I will not.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #165301 on: August 07, 2024, 03:44:44 am »

Dang wasn't expecting to come back after three days and see that argument still going.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165302 on: August 07, 2024, 08:23:26 am »

A new WTF for me. I might have fought a conjured wasp.

There was a wasp in the office. I offered to drive it out or kill it. Coworkers said to kill, so I went to it.
First strike, it fell off the side of a chest of drawers where it was trying to get inside and started writhing on the ground.
I tried to finish it off with a second strike, and it just disappeared. No corpse, no hemolymph on either the floor or my hand, nothing. I even looked around on the ground in case it was flung away.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #165303 on: August 07, 2024, 09:18:13 am »

It fell into your pocket.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #165304 on: August 07, 2024, 02:05:32 pm »

we're all doomed to being irredeemably masturbatory forever
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #165305 on: August 07, 2024, 02:06:58 pm »

we're all doomed to being irredeemably masturbatory forever
Wrong thread, matey.  :P

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #165306 on: August 07, 2024, 05:08:27 pm »

My younger sister is moving back with us, along with her boyfriend and dog. Because they're financially incompetents who had to beg the rest of the family for rent money but still couldn't pay it. And still somehow had money to buy plane tickets for a trip they took that month("it came from their savings" is what we were told).

We don't really trust the boyfriend, at least to the point my parents are considering putting a deadbolt on my door and storing some valuables in my room. Also I think he has the same name as me, which is incredibly awkward.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165307 on: August 07, 2024, 06:36:27 pm »

If the lack of trust in this guy is already there, then don't escalate slowly, immediately start a cold war.

Make sure your parents are on the same page by asking some clarifying questions:
- why isn't the boyfriend isn't moving back with his parents? Because if his family will not take him back, your family shouldn't either.
- are they married? do they have kids? do they even have jobs? establish the traditional context of why parents should not assist the daughter's boyfriend.
- Are dogs are cheaper than opportunistic criminals? if his parents cannot take the dog, you can...
- why not charge them about 1/3 rent costs? because this forces them to have work which gives them income to move out later

Be an actor and not an openly-hostile person with sis and her guy, because you do wish them well, as long as it isn't costing your parents financially and stressfully.

If he is going to stay, point a web-cam with motion-detector software at your door, so you have video if he gets into lock-picking, etc. It will greatly help if you need to involve the police.

I have seen three instances of couples moving back to a parental home and they didn't move out until there was stress and financial conflict, because their intent was not to accumulate money so they can move out later. In two of those cases, the couples attempted to blame the parents for being the bad guys while they were being kicked out.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #165308 on: August 10, 2024, 01:44:39 am »

You wouldn't think driving to the city to take the neighbor to the airport would be as awful as it is, and damn I felt tired as hell afterwards, got home and almost immediately passed out.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #165309 on: August 10, 2024, 02:26:55 am »

Probably better than passing out before you got home.

Hopefully you did get some good rest though.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #165310 on: August 10, 2024, 04:22:38 am »

Had to keep that in mind because last time went into that city I started to fall asleep on the way back, at least it was at night and there weren't as many cars around. So this time I made sure I went to bed early instead of staying up.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #165312 on: August 10, 2024, 05:37:08 pm »

There's something about curried potatoes that just makes my sense of smell go absolute haywire.

Fiddled a bit with the seasoning mix (today was curry powder + garlic/paprika/basil/black pepper), and when it came out the airfryer the damn stuff smelled like cotton candy to me.

Somehow that on diced potatoes ended up with the scent profile of spun goddamn sugar. Tastes nothing like it! It does not taste like candy, it tastes like uncandied spud. But it smells like candy. Friggin' uncanny.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #165313 on: August 10, 2024, 08:44:00 pm »

We got a spam bot, over in DF general discussion. Haven't seen that in a long while.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #165314 on: August 10, 2024, 09:13:35 pm »

If you get hot and bothered, you could try getting pretty girls in your city tonight :p

Make sure to review it for us later
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 11019 11020 [11021] 11022 11023 ... 11038