Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10995 10996 [10997] 10998 10999 ... 11004

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13662424 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #164940 on: June 18, 2024, 06:39:23 pm »

Yeah. The most recent Ameripol meltdown claimed a few more. Really I think that's the thread's most important function at this point: finding out who is willing to violate forum guidelines.

...Hmmmmm...

Now I wonder if I can get a ban too...
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #164941 on: June 18, 2024, 08:22:50 pm »

Pretty sure you could actually request one, if for some reason you wanted a ban without, y'know, actually violating the forum guidelines. Iirc the boss toad's given out self-requested ones before. Sometimes someone'll ask for something like that basically as a self-help thing... it can be a kindness for folks with particularly poor self-control, tbh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164942 on: June 19, 2024, 02:24:34 am »

I wanted to post a funky bug I found in Cataclysm Dark Days ahead. But when I looked at the threads in Other Games subforum for some reason they were all locked. Then I finally found the reason why:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177449.msg8464333#msg8464333

I had no idea before that they became a battleground for forks to fight each other. I find that both funny and sad at the same time.
Max avatar size is 80x80

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164943 on: June 19, 2024, 02:29:09 am »

I was there during the last days of the Cataclysm thread and from what I remember most of the fighting was about shit what was happening in the main branch of the game and only the last little bit of it was about the two main forks.

Now I wonder if I can get a ban too...
Why would you want to be banned?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #164944 on: June 19, 2024, 03:42:08 am »

Hey don't kinkshame
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #164945 on: June 19, 2024, 05:32:28 am »

Once again technology seems to regress for dumbass reasons. My old BT earbuds got washed one too many times to come back from. Got them two years ago for about 30 bucks, damn good pair it was. Go out to buy new ones, same brand, these ones just have 5 instead of a 4 in their name. The design is a shitty copy of the airbuds this time around tho, with that dumb looking little stick part on one end poking out of your ear instead of the previous compact form, but whatever, I'm not getting them for the looks. Another advancement, and this one is the real kicker is that the earbuds, despite being from the same manufacturer as the phone no longer give you mode options once you connect them, nor do they give you a battery status. Well, they do, but now you need a separate app for that, whereas before you could access all that from the bluetooth settings window. And it's not like the app offers anything new or groundbreaking to justify the existance. It literally has everything you had before, except this time around its gated behind a download and an app.

The tech world is going to shit and nobody seems to mind too much it seems :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164946 on: June 19, 2024, 06:13:44 am »

Hey it's just a completly superfluous programm more that may or may not send data about your device and your network to be sold, don't be so uptight.
let

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #164947 on: June 19, 2024, 07:44:02 am »

I recently bought the new version of Bose earbuds, and Im much disappoint.  I feel like theyre the same exact earbuds, basically, except designed to be less expensive to produce.

The have these nubs of rubber for traction instead of a proper half-moon ear protrusion, they claim to be water resistant, but when I get really sweaty they sometimes start swapping between noise cancelling modes until I turn them off, and they have a bad habit of falling out if Im upside down and doing rapid movement.

Not a single day goes by that I dont regret just buying the old bose pair when I was at the storee
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #164948 on: June 19, 2024, 09:54:18 am »

Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164949 on: June 19, 2024, 10:34:33 am »

More in the world of software enshittification: I'm getting nag screens in MS office because I disabled the background auto-update daemon, and my apps keep saying "update failure! please turn this back on!"

Sorry folks, I don't like auto-updates until I know exactly what you're changing. I especially don't want you changing my UI.

I'm not a huge fan of regulation, but it would be nice if there was a law that said auto-updates could only include security or safety changes and could not include UI or major functionality changes such as changing compatibility or removing preexisting features. I would happily forego having a "new feature" added in a free update, having to manually get the next revision, if it meant my UI or other features wouldn't change out from under me.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164950 on: June 19, 2024, 12:20:32 pm »

if Im upside down and doing rapid movement.
I... can't help but wonder how often does this happen. Unless you live in the Down Under or something.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #164951 on: June 19, 2024, 12:55:46 pm »

Gym workouts, Messing around doing cardio outside.  Havent gone hiking in them yet, but probably wont trust them to stay in outside.

I didnt feel this negatively towards the previous version; I regret buying these every time Im halfway through a superset and they pop out.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164952 on: June 19, 2024, 03:10:39 pm »

I'm starting to think Windows, and other Microsoft products if a few posts above is any indication, starts to intentionally degrade performance if you ignore updating. I shut down my PC before going to work, letting it install updates. Before the updates, it was starting to slow to a crawl, and the desktop was glitching out. Starting it back up after the update, it started up going from power on to login in less than 30 seconds.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #164953 on: June 19, 2024, 03:13:40 pm »

Might just be creating snapshots. That was what killed Win7 for me: making image backups for a 1TB drive would slow my PC down for 30 minutes after booting.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164954 on: June 20, 2024, 02:02:53 am »

I always figured it was the computer lagging because it was downloading all the update stuff, even if you hadn't told it to do the updates.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 10995 10996 [10997] 10998 10999 ... 11004