Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10993 10994 [10995] 10996 10997 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14517560 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #164910 on: June 11, 2024, 01:46:57 pm »

DR. Cucumber I presume?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #164911 on: June 11, 2024, 02:16:05 pm »

Its a long story
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164912 on: June 11, 2024, 07:20:29 pm »

Man, carnivores* are mental. Think that humans are naturally pure carnivores, it cures a massive number of diseases, and that plant matter is quite literally addictive. Also the medical profession is, at best, completely incompetent and at worst actively malicious.

It's like antivaxxers, but diet.

*As in the people who eat an exclusively meat diet
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #164913 on: June 11, 2024, 07:23:36 pm »

I've been miffed with Firefox too. I've also noticed it making suggestions for hot trendy topics when I type anything in the url bar, starting with an 'empty page' actually loads a bunch of news articles etc. It's turning into chrome.
You can disable search engine suggestions in the the address bar in the settings for firefox. Same with sponsored shortcuts and the like

Actually, it is EXACTLY like Chrome.  Both Chrome and Firefox open up 10 clustered tasks when you open them up to one window.

I also found out that Firefox automatically enrolls you in experimental features, collects data, and you have to select to not be a guinea pig.
...granted Chrome probably does the same thing, but they're more sneaky about it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164914 on: June 11, 2024, 08:40:32 pm »

...granted Chrome probably does the same thing, but they're more sneaky about it.
Which is a good thing, probably!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164915 on: June 12, 2024, 01:28:20 am »

That seems like what all modern browsers do, eat up shit loads of memory for no reason and spy on what you do.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164916 on: June 12, 2024, 05:56:57 am »

Man, carnivores* are mental. Think that humans are naturally pure carnivores, it cures a massive number of diseases, and that plant matter is quite literally addictive. Also the medical profession is, at best, completely incompetent and at worst actively malicious.

It's like antivaxxers, but diet.

*As in the people who eat an exclusively meat diet

Outside of micro-evolved populations with very specific dietary mutations (some arctic native peoples have mutations to be able to live on close to 100% fat for extended periods, for instance), this is indeed some pure BS. Yes.

But since such populations DO exist, it really cant be taken as a blanket statement.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164917 on: June 13, 2024, 06:45:53 pm »

Did the seasonal checkup on the HVAC today, including swapping out the air filter.

There was a dead bat stuck in the filter.   :o
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #164918 on: June 14, 2024, 12:07:22 am »

Did the filter filter it out at least?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164919 on: June 14, 2024, 02:36:19 am »

I have this image of somebody twisting a knob the wrong way and instantly, hundreds of bats are blown into the house.
let

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164920 on: June 14, 2024, 03:41:13 am »

I never realized an HVAC system needed a bat filter, maybe that's why ours didn't work right.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164921 on: June 14, 2024, 03:54:39 am »

I have this image of somebody twisting a knob the wrong way and instantly, hundreds of bats are blown into the house.

Bet you that Batman has such a thing.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164922 on: June 14, 2024, 07:01:25 am »

Golly Batman! The Joker's really done it this time!

Yes Robin, using his new Joker Gas on nocturnal flying mammals is just the kind of sick irony a twisted mind like his would concieve of.

Well dont just stand there Batman, what'll we do?!

Quite right Robin! Engage the BatFilter(tm)!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164923 on: June 14, 2024, 12:05:40 pm »

It's weird what places my gran's mind goes to when confused.

Today she apparently thought I was some kind of religious zealot, as opposed to an atheist. I don't think I've ever talked about religion with her at all, so I'm guessing she's either full on hallucinated a conversation or is getting TV and real life mixed up, or is getting me confused with the only religious part of the family who live over in Denmark, but I don't think they talk about religion with her either so I don't know where zealotry is coming from.

Not anywhere as drastic as the stuff that happens when she's unwell, like the belief my mother is responsible for the mass deaths of sea birds, or that the carer's are part of a scam to steal her house, or that my father and mother are constantly arguing about having my gran in the house and other stuff like that, but this was just kind of weird because I genuinely can't tell where it came from.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #164924 on: June 15, 2024, 04:55:06 pm »

That feeling when you notice a week or two later you forgot to store frozen stuff properly and it takes a hammer to get it separated back out.

... it's honestly kinda' remarkable how often I do end up pulling out a hammer when I'm cooking. Like, there's specialized mashers or whatever that's actually for dedicated kitchen use when you need to crush something or chisel it apart, but I don't have those and I do have a hammer, so...

===

Though yeah, things can get weird on that front, grim. My grandfather had a steadily increasing number of wives and newborn children over his last year or two, just as an easy example (he'd been pretty happily monogamous for longer than I'd been alive, so...).
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 10993 10994 [10995] 10996 10997 ... 11037