Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10966 10967 [10968] 10969 10970 ... 11041

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14575827 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #164505 on: March 11, 2024, 04:00:00 pm »

They wanted fame. They get no sympathy from me.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164506 on: March 11, 2024, 04:01:43 pm »

I think it's cool that nenjin got a posting time with so many zeros.

It's been a slow week.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164507 on: March 11, 2024, 04:49:04 pm »

Zero is as zero does.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #164508 on: March 11, 2024, 04:50:45 pm »

I think I just feel a bit more sympathy for people who joined the family. She fell in love with William, ‘t ain’t her fault that comes with infinite scrutiny.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #164509 on: March 11, 2024, 09:16:56 pm »

So a bit ago opera on my tablet started consistently crashing... pretty sure I could fix it with a bit of effort (I'm almost certain I just finally opened up too many tabs, heh, and there's enough of a window between opening it and the crash to close a few), but I haven't felt like it and switched over to the default silk browser for a bit and, well.

It lets ads through. So I've been seeing some for the first time in a while on royal road, and just.

It's consistently so frikkin' weird to be seeing seeing stuff like christian dating sites and crap for anti-lgbt organizations on the ads on that website. It's like that shit showing up on an AO3 page. Someone's in the wrong bloody neighborhood and it's hella' odd to see them walkin' around, especially when they're right beside another ad for a story advertising gay harem orgies or somethin'.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #164510 on: March 11, 2024, 10:30:10 pm »

I think I just feel a bit more sympathy for people who joined the family. She fell in love with William, ‘t ain’t her fault that comes with infinite scrutiny.
Really? I kind of feel the opposite. If someone is born into the family they don't get a choice.
If you decide to marry a literal prince then you very clearly *did* make a choice, and your choice was a life of excessive fame and riches.

Like yeahyeah, if its true love or whatever its less of a choice... but its a hell of a lot more of a choice then a born prince/princess gets.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164511 on: March 12, 2024, 02:08:49 am »

I've never really understood why people get all excited about everything those royal people do.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164512 on: March 12, 2024, 12:52:29 pm »

I mean, they went out of their way to become media celebrities and monetize their existence, beyond just being royals. I don't have sympathy for people who court public attention for personal gain then complain about it. It's like a Youtuber putting their opinion out there for views and ad revenue and then resenting the response to it. Or someone showing their ass on instagram for views and then resenting that people have opinions about showing your ass for views.

Don't want the attention? Stop trading on it. You don't selectively get to choose what kind of attention you get when you bait the entire world.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2024, 04:53:03 pm by nenjin »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #164513 on: March 12, 2024, 08:17:50 pm »

clicked on one ad for mushroom spore delivery and now facebook thinks Im a sky hippie.

... but anyone got any advice wrt the purchause of these things?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #164514 on: March 12, 2024, 09:11:46 pm »

I mean, they went out of their way to become media celebrities and monetize their existence, beyond just being royals. I don't have sympathy for people who court public attention for personal gain then complain about it. It's like a Youtuber putting their opinion out there for views and ad revenue and then resenting the response to it. Or someone showing their ass on instagram for views and then resenting that people have opinions about showing your ass for views.

Don't want the attention? Stop trading on it. You don't selectively get to choose what kind of attention you get when you bait the entire world.
And here we are, giving turd people what they want: More publicity. And they ain't paying rent for the space they take up in our collective conscience.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164515 on: March 12, 2024, 09:35:59 pm »

And here we are, giving turd people what they want: More publicity. And they ain't paying rent for the space they take up in our collective conscience.

Despite the ridiculous amount of undeserved wealth these people(specifically the British royals) have, they are still people.

They do deserve a modicum of respect, regardless of the “choice” they made regarding being the center of attention, which I think is driven more by the media being able to make money than the royals themselves, for the most part anyway. I don’t think the royals chose to be photographed candidly via long lens cameras.

Remember, Diana Spencer was hounded to her death by paparazzi, and that was after she divorced Charles.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #164516 on: March 12, 2024, 10:01:03 pm »

And the conversation about people that don't matter or contribute continues...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164517 on: March 12, 2024, 10:08:21 pm »

The conversation related to your dehumanization of them, actually.

As I say, I don’t particularly like them, but they do leverage their inexplicable popularity for good causes. Diana in particular worked with AIDS patients at a time when there was huge stigma around the disease.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #164518 on: March 12, 2024, 10:10:46 pm »

Eh... sometimes, rarely, they do. I wouldn't put that on the level of it being common, or balancing the scales particularly well, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164519 on: March 12, 2024, 11:12:14 pm »

The point is they’re human, treating them like they deserve the bad shit in their life because they chose it or they have super wealth or status or whatever is… kind of disgusting.

Mental health issues are indisicriminatory, man.

Pages: 1 ... 10966 10967 [10968] 10969 10970 ... 11041