Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10963 10964 [10965] 10966 10967 ... 11041

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14574854 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #164460 on: March 05, 2024, 10:43:38 pm »

Huh. Stewart is back with the Daily Show?
Yeah.
And I don't like him as much anymore. Although he got some good shots in on Tucker Carlson, which was nice. I certainly wasn't going to watch Putin's Propaganda Piece without a filter.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #164461 on: March 05, 2024, 11:29:42 pm »

Ayyyy!

hey we're back!! One!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164462 on: March 06, 2024, 01:26:46 am »

Huzza it's back!

Kind of strange to be back after almost two weeks of the forum being down.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164463 on: March 06, 2024, 08:44:41 am »

What was even going on?
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #164464 on: March 06, 2024, 10:38:42 am »

We're doing hiring at work.

Out of 5 potential interviews so far, only one person has bothered to show up.

I must be old because this really surprises me. I never blew off interviews back in the day. And these are people with 10+ years of experience in some places. All I hear about is how it's hard to find a good job but frankly, if you apply and then don't even show up for the interview or respond to scheduling, the problem ain't the job market motherfuckers, it's YOU.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #164465 on: March 06, 2024, 03:02:01 pm »

Eh, apparently the most common reason for that to happen is the prospective gets a better offer in between scheduling the interview and it actually happening. Folks doing job searches are probably sending out a shitton of applications, and unless you're calling them in for the interview that very day, sometimes something else more attractive comes up during the time lag. The 10+ years of experience part probably makes that significantly more, rather than less, likely.

Polite thing would be to inform the prospective employer something better came up, but... well, the reciprocal politeness on that really just ain't fucking there, so it doesn't get returned, heh. Prevalence of jobs ghosting applicants largely means applicants are getting the message that kind of information exchange isn't actually desired, and they're starting to pick up what's being put down :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164466 on: March 06, 2024, 03:22:03 pm »

If you accept the invite, show up for it or send a message that you changed your mind. I wouldn't hire anyone that didn't have that basic level of professionalism at heart. If they never accepted the interview, fine. But when we set aside an hour to talk to you and you don't show up, you look like a piece of shit in my eyes.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #164467 on: March 06, 2024, 03:30:20 pm »

Yeah I did that a few years ago when I applied for two different jobs and got offered my preferred one. Called the guy from the other one and said “hey, I got a better job offer so I’m going to accept that one, sorry” but then got another call from someone else there who told me to show up for training. I put more effort into explaining I don’t want to work for them than I really should have for that one.

Probably a good thing since the one I decided not to work for went bankrupt about six months later.

It is just basic courtesy to let someone know to not waste their time.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164468 on: March 06, 2024, 03:56:19 pm »

What was even going on?

Forum died. Then Toady kissed it better.

More accurately, as Tpady thought so, Bay12 forums experienced a phenomenon called a kernel panic, where a program encounters a big phat error, panics recursively, and shuts itself down in an attempt to regulate damage.

It must've been pretty pervasive, since it took more than a week to fix.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #164469 on: March 06, 2024, 03:57:11 pm »

It is just basic courtesy to let someone know to not waste their time.
I mean, it really is, but that's also a basic courtesy the job market's significantly abandoned when it comes to folks applying, heh. It's not exactly a surprise it's started blowing back the other direction.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #164470 on: March 06, 2024, 04:44:22 pm »

Yeah, when I've only gotten a response from 1% of the applications I put out, I don't exactly feel bad blowing off the hr department of the lesser offer when I do get two in a row and the better one is almost a guarantee.. What goes around comes around, you know?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164471 on: March 06, 2024, 04:57:32 pm »

Yeah, when I've only gotten a response from 1% of the applications I put out, I don't exactly feel bad blowing off the hr department of the lesser offer when I do get two in a row and the better one is almost a guarantee.. What goes around comes around, you know?

Nah.

If you've reached the point where you've accepted an interview, then a professional lets people know what they're doing. Full stop.

An immature, self-serving asshole doesn't. I don't care how "bad" the job market is, or how "bad" you've been treated. Using the fact the world is shitty to act shitty is a "You" problem.

Discipline is what you do when no one is watching. And if your "guaranteed" one doesn't come through, you've just burned the bridge at your fall back. Unless they're so desperate to accept that kind of behavior, in which case, you're getting what you deserve.

I guess I shouldn't complain. People that do that did the me the favor of telegraphing how flakey they are, rather than faking their way into a position before demonstrating how much they suck.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 05:01:44 pm by nenjin »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164472 on: March 06, 2024, 06:08:39 pm »

"Other companies ignored me at the most trivial and low-effort part of the process which they likely go through in the hundreds if not thousands, so I'm going to waste the time of one of the few companies that DID take the time for me after they've put in actual effort, that'll show... all those other guys who don't know me from Adam, all right."

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #164473 on: March 07, 2024, 12:03:07 am »

It does seem kind of short-sighted to blow off an interview with a "lesser" employer, as sometimes one ends up needing that "lesser" employer down the road.

I think general curtesy and common sense died in the fires of the Pandemic.

Also: 10+ years in a field doesn't make someone good, just experienced. Could be 10+ years of sucking.

"Hey, I have 10 years of experience!"
"How many jobs have you had?"
"Five"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164474 on: March 07, 2024, 03:48:49 am »

Saying you're gonna show up for an interview and then not seems like a dick move to me.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 10963 10964 [10965] 10966 10967 ... 11041