Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10934 10935 [10936] 10937 10938 ... 11042

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14583765 times)

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #164025 on: November 20, 2023, 09:55:47 pm »

Or that, I'm not gonna pretend I'm immune to marketing.

Although I'm mostly finding them via random browsing/discount shopping, so it's more whatever catches my eye.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #164026 on: November 21, 2023, 12:19:58 am »

Speaking of marketing I got a very cheeky letter today. Looked like a pay stub kinda deal with the stupid little things at the side and the top you need to peel off along perforations.

We took out a loan recently, and this thing had the amount of the loan and who it was through, and some shite about something very serious they needed to talk to me about… and the small print guff at the bottom was like “yeah we’re not associated with any lender, you call the number and you give us permission to look your shit up and sell you stuff”.

Piss off mate.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #164027 on: November 21, 2023, 04:52:34 am »

Or that, I'm not gonna pretend I'm immune to marketing.
One of the funnier things I've seen recently was the "You are not immune to propaganda" posting. But then someone published a study stating autistic people were immune to marketing. So everyone started posting "you are immune to propaganda"

Speaking of marketing I got a very cheeky letter today. Looked like a pay stub kinda deal with the stupid little things at the side and the top you need to peel off along perforations.

We took out a loan recently, and this thing had the amount of the loan and who it was through, and some shite about something very serious they needed to talk to me about… and the small print guff at the bottom was like “yeah we’re not associated with any lender, you call the number and you give us permission to look your shit up and sell you stuff”.

Piss off mate.
Probably shotgun blasting loads of people they think are likely to have taken out a loan and hoping someone bites

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164028 on: November 24, 2023, 04:58:34 pm »

Was playing Super Mario World earlier today. Those blocks that spawn a coin that moves around, leaving a free coin wherever is passes? The earliest ones can be found in the first Ghost House levels. Today I learned you can friggin' control that coin like a snake using D-pad inputs.

I've been playing that game literally for decades. Most levels I've ingrained into pure muscle memory. How did I not know about that? I thought that damn coin moved at random.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #164029 on: November 24, 2023, 05:46:25 pm »

A friend of mine recently had a similar experience with one of the Genesis Shinobi games. He was on the last boss, couldn't beat it, and looked up a guide that told him to block attacks. He's been playing the game for nearly thirty years and had no idea there was a block button.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #164030 on: November 27, 2023, 12:19:15 am »

oh, like how there's a 'fast' button in SkiFree, so instead of the inevitable ending of getting eaten by the yeti at the bottom, you can speed up and outpace it

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #164031 on: November 29, 2023, 09:26:10 pm »

friggin backpack hero costumes

starting character, most of their options are just... barely any change, most out there being basically a ninja outfit

then there's the one that stands out

starting, barely changed variation, rogue, BIBLICALLY ACCURATE ANGEL CTHULHU, peasant dress, another barely changed variation, wait what was that one in the middle

it's weird on so many levels, not the least of which it being just right there in the middle of the lineup
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Teasets

• Bay Watcher
  • another nation, or a non-governmental entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #164032 on: November 29, 2023, 09:29:54 pm »

Why'd it take this long for Henry Kissinger to die?
Flying Teasets is stricken by melancholy!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #164033 on: November 29, 2023, 09:31:17 pm »

You know who else kicked it just the other day?  Investing superstar Warren Buffet.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #164034 on: November 29, 2023, 09:41:51 pm »

Nah, his bro at his company died. Buffet is alive and well.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #164035 on: November 29, 2023, 09:54:07 pm »

Sometimes evil is like pickle juice, you know? Preserves the flesh, keeps it going. Mortality catches up eventually, though, at least for now.

Though at least for the high profile ones, well, they tend to be pretty well off, yeah? If someone doesn't kill them while they're doing the whole mass murder thing or whatever, they're going to have access to about as high a level of medical infrastructure as you can get. That stretches the lifespan, even if a more just world would see them struck by lightning or something.

... typing this did make me kinda' curious as to how his grave's going to be desecrated, though. Man was a monster, it's almost guaranteed someone is going to vandalize it sooner or later.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #164036 on: November 29, 2023, 10:19:24 pm »

Woooo!
learnt about it a bit ago but the feeling is still coursing through me, fuck yeah
normally I don’t celebrate people’s deaths, I don’t even really love jokes about pissing on Reagan or Thatcher’s graves, but this guy is well and truly an exception — his death makes today a wonderful day
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164037 on: November 30, 2023, 01:50:45 am »

Henry Kissinger
The name is familiar but I can't remember who the hell he is.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #164038 on: November 30, 2023, 07:57:47 am »

Henry Kissinger
The name is familiar but I can't remember who the hell he is.
He was Richard Nixon’s secretary of state, and did some awful things. Behind the Bastards has an excellent series on him, really made my blood boil.
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164039 on: November 30, 2023, 08:23:22 am »

Rest in pissinger.
let
Pages: 1 ... 10934 10935 [10936] 10937 10938 ... 11042