Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10927 10928 [10929] 10930 10931 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14572554 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #163920 on: November 03, 2023, 12:15:20 pm »

I miss the structure of a job.  Some days I wake up and feel like tackling the world.

Other days I wake up and wonder if I even need to shower.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #163921 on: November 03, 2023, 01:27:02 pm »

Sounds real rough. You poor thing.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163922 on: November 03, 2023, 01:27:35 pm »

Oof just did my open enrollment for 2024 health care.  My annual out-of-pocket just for the premiums is over $6000 a year.

Gross.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #163923 on: November 03, 2023, 01:52:26 pm »

It’s better than universal healthcare.

Allegedly.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #163924 on: November 03, 2023, 02:56:48 pm »

Its better for somebody, not you though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #163925 on: November 03, 2023, 05:32:38 pm »

Put cinnamon in the seasoning pile of the curried potatoes I'm going to turn into a sorta'-hash and, like.

This is a scent I have never scented before. It's a food smell I've never smelled.

Super conflicted about it, too, 'cause like. It doesn't smell like food? But it does, and it smells good? But it smells friggin' weird and it's bouncing between good weird and just weird.

Proof's in the eating but this is the strangest thing I've had in my kitchen in decades.

E: Smell once done cooking is just flat good, though. Not sure if I'd call it better smelling than just the curry, but it's not worse. More of a side-grade. The spud on its own tastes. Okay? About as good as just curry potatoes, which is to say good but not as good as it smells.

Taste as part of the hash, though, with the brown sugar in the meat? This, this is, I think, the best hash I've yet cooked. A+, will put cinnamon on my curry potatoes again.

E2: Like, I actually have words for this: The cinnamon adds a sort of smokey (not, like, smoke, smoke, as smoked foods go, but somewhere in that vicinity of cooking flavors) tasting depth to the flavor. Definite improvement.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2023, 05:52:58 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163926 on: November 04, 2023, 12:42:13 am »

Cinnamon curry potatoes does not sound like something that would be good, what made you decide to put the cinnamon on it in the first place?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #163927 on: November 04, 2023, 07:33:32 am »

Had read something in the last few days that noted cinnamon being used as seasoning for stuff like veggies and rice, and did the usual "well hell, let's see what happens". Apparently it's something of a thing in some middle eastern cuisine, or... something like that? Already forgot the details, but at least if some random author is to be trusted it's an existent practice in some real-life cultures.

Worst came to worst it'd just be somewhat funky tasting spud, and it actually turned out pretty good, so...
Ask not!
Ask!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163928 on: November 04, 2023, 07:36:36 am »

I put absurd amounts of cinnamon into my chicken korma, and it tastes great.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #163929 on: November 04, 2023, 07:41:39 am »

I've done cinnamon glazed chicken before (not terrible, not amazing, though that could have been user error more than aspect of the dish itself), as well as ham (amazing) and pork chop with apple and cinnamon (best way of making pork chop I know, put applesauce on top of, pour in a good bit of cinnamon, shake it up and let it marinate for a day or two). Cinnamon on meat is a good one, I'd just never actually got around to trying cinnamon on potato (or rice or noodles, for that matter... bread and cereal, obviously, but not other starches).
Ask not!
Ask!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #163930 on: November 04, 2023, 10:40:50 am »

raw powdered cinnamon or cut into sugar?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #163931 on: November 04, 2023, 01:13:52 pm »

Raw powdered, at least with the potatoes (other seasonings was the curry, parsley, and a bit of cayenne, preseasoned with a smidge of olive oil to help coat prior to air frying). The sorta'-hash it was turned into had a bit of brown sugar (and more curry and rosemary) in the meat, though. Full thing had a bit of butter, some cheese, and a sprinkle of bacon bits, topped with unsalted ketchup (not sure who else sells it but heinz... it's a little sweeter than salted ketchup, and I've gotten where I actually like the taste better).

The glaze stuff I was doing with powdered sugar, iirc... it's been a while, so it's entirely possible I was doing something else and have just forgot, heh. The porkchop actually used unsweetened apple sauce last time I made it -- above and beyond actually preferring the taste, I was cooking for a diabetic as well and just plain apple sauce is plenty on the carbs front.
Ask not!
Ask!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163932 on: November 04, 2023, 02:27:53 pm »

Would that be a special kind of heinz or is the normal (fifty...four... or seven? i dont recall) heinz the one you're talking about?

Cinnamon is weird and interesting, I wonder if there are many plants like that and mint and such, with powerful aromatic compounds that we are missing out on, or worse, allready went extinct ages ago. It allways sounds really fancy in english too, i've known some "zimt" confections but over here these products are with the old timey candy and bakery products, not the exciting new and colorful stuff.
let

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #163933 on: November 04, 2023, 02:34:12 pm »

Would that be a special kind of heinz or is the normal (fifty...four... or seven? i dont recall) heinz the one you're talking about?
is this thing Normal kind, just a variety of it.

It's one of the ones that do the potassium thing in regards to salt reduction, though, so if you got issues with that on top of salt it's not any better than regular ketchup.
Ask not!
Ask!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163934 on: November 05, 2023, 02:20:00 am »

Maybe my problem is that I don't like cinnamon.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 10927 10928 [10929] 10930 10931 ... 11040