Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10876 10877 [10878] 10879 10880 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14572495 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #163155 on: July 16, 2023, 06:30:13 pm »

Had an interesting experience with sleep paralysis this morning. First, it's been quite a while since I've had an episode of sleep paralysis, a couple of years at least. Second, when I did have an experience, it's usually a result of laying in bed for a while after regaining consciousness and then nearly falling back asleep when I didn't intend to. Third, this time, it felt like I was in two different realities at once. This reality, and in the other I think I was sharing the bedroom I was in with someone else. Bed was the same in both.

I've heard that kind of experience is pretty common with sleep paralysis
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #163156 on: July 16, 2023, 10:17:29 pm »

Fries were the cheapest, obviously.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #163158 on: July 17, 2023, 12:04:54 am »

Top House Democrats rebuke Jayapal comments that Israel is a ‘racist state’ as she tries to walk them back

Israel’s Far-right Finance Minister Says He's 'A Fascist Homophobe' but 'Won't Stone Gays'

Far-right minister Bezalel Smotrich, one of the most senior members of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s government, said Wednesday that Israel should “wipe out” the Palestinian town of Huwara in the West Bank.
The new remark Wednesday was made by Smotrich, a far more senior politician, and it arguably went even further — saying that as a matter of policy, Jerusalem should seek to remove the entire town, which has a population of some 7,000.

The Religious Zionism party leader, who was taking part in a financial conference hosted by The Marker business daily, was asked why he had on Sunday evening “liked” a tweet by Samaria Regional Council deputy mayor Davidi Ben Zion that called “to wipe out the village of Huwara today.”
“Because I think the village of Huwara needs to be wiped out. I think the State of Israel should do it,” Smotrich replied.
"Should the USA give billions of dollars in subsidies and armaments to fascists who want to exterminate ethnic minorities?"
"Of course not"
"And Israel is colonising and occupying Palestinian homes"
"It's a complicated issue, both sides are to blame"
"Literally self-described fascists running an ethno-state"
"Bro don't be antisemitic just give them more money btw we don't have cash for public healthcare"

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #163159 on: July 17, 2023, 12:10:08 am »

It’s typical nonsense. I assume the Dem leadership do it to avoid upsetting an ally in an area of the world in which allies are thin on the ground.

Genuinely is annoying that criticizing Israel is smacked down as anti-semitic, especially when it isn’t.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163160 on: July 17, 2023, 02:33:05 am »

Saying that they are racist is racist, even if they are in fact racist.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #163161 on: July 18, 2023, 09:40:44 am »

I think it's probably got a fair amount to do (ignoring the obvious military ties) with false conflation between "The Governing Politicians of Israel" and "The Israeli People". Saying the Israeli people are evil fascist assholes is pretty sketch, but saying the same about Benny Netanyeehaw's party is closer to accuracy. So if you can frame a disparaging statement about the government as a statement about the people, then you can get away with dismissing it out of turn.

And the longer people refer to both as just "Israel", the more easily you can both dismiss legitimate criticisms with that diversion, as well as frame actual bigotry under the guise of legitimacy.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #163162 on: July 18, 2023, 10:56:34 am »

A good chunk of them did vote for him you know.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #163163 on: July 18, 2023, 12:28:58 pm »

A good chunk of them did vote for him you know.
Probably about as many as voted for Trump!

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163164 on: July 18, 2023, 02:08:21 pm »

Israel’s Far-right Finance Minister Says He's 'A Fascist Homophobe' but 'Won't Stone Gays'

Far-right minister Bezalel Smotrich, one of the most senior members of Pri
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
me Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s government, said Wednesday that Israel should “wipe out” the Palestinian town of Huwara in the West Bank.
The new remark Wednesday was made by Smotrich, a far more senior politician, and it arguably went even further — saying that as a matter of policy, Jerusalem should seek to remove the entire town, which has a population of some 7,000.

The Religious Zionism party leader, who was taking part in a financial conference hosted by The Marker business daily, was asked why he had on Sunday evening “liked” a tweet by Samaria Regional Council deputy mayor Davidi Ben Zion that called “to wipe out the village of Huwara today.”
“Because I think the village of Huwara needs to be wiped out. I think the State of Israel should do it,” Smotrich replied.
"Should the USA give billions of dollars in subsidies and armaments to fascists who want to exterminate ethnic minorities?"
"Of course not"
"And Israel is colonising and occupying Palestinian homes"
"It's a complicated issue, both sides are to blame"
"Literally self-described fascists running an ethno-state"
"Bro don't be antisemitic just give them more money btw we don't have cash for public healthcare"

C'mon, but at least he said he won't stone gays. He promised.

Also, reading about it, it seems she did not exactly walk it back. She clarified that she does not think the idea of an Israeli state is inherently racist, but didn't disavow her remarks.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 02:12:09 pm by bloop_bleep »
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #163165 on: July 19, 2023, 07:05:51 pm »

That feeling when you cook something and declare "Well, it smells right... that's concerning."

... was cobbling together sorta-chef-boy-ardee. Actually achieving something like it isn't necessarily a good thing, as for all I had an urge for it, chef boy ardee is... not quality food.

Taste is about right, too, for that matter. Nothing fancy, just dumped about a half can of cheap "low-sodium" (not actually low sodium, there was more salt in that than all the hamburger and it about matched the m&c per unit) pasta sauce into a bowl of mac and cheese and some hamburger meat. I'm not surprised this is about right, and it's what I wanted, and everything, but there's a part of me that's conflicted by this actually working.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2023, 07:07:55 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163166 on: July 19, 2023, 07:23:09 pm »

Video I watched had a reference to Otis Spunkmeyer's muffins. I didn't remember them, so I googled it and just looking at the image of one brought back an intense visceral memory. Taste, texture, consistency and smell just smacked me in the face and left me with a strange craving for them.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163167 on: July 19, 2023, 10:53:13 pm »

Oh, same, I had them all the time in _ Scouts and long-distance bicycle rides.  They were a lovely comfort food.  That and Little Debbie snacks, which weren't as tasty but packed better.

Big nostalgia!
Makes me want to get back into baking but figure out oily pastry instead of rough bread.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163168 on: July 20, 2023, 08:31:14 am »

Man 2014 or so I took a vacation with my ex in germany and austria, and at that time there was dunkin donuts popping up at every frickin streetcorner, we had some more than once...

I'm not that crazy about big amounts of sugary food, and I bet dunkin is like midtier for the fast food rainforest that are the USA (dunkin peh old news)... But it has been 2-3 weeks that I would really like to buy a box with 6 fancy donuts and taste them all.
let

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #163169 on: July 20, 2023, 10:39:03 am »

Ehh... dunkin's like midtier as fastfood goes, but also basically bottom tier as donut shops go, from what I've seen and seen mention of. They ain't so low quality as to be bad, but friggin' walmart makes better donuts qua donuts, nevermind better dedicated donut shops like krispy kreme or whatever. Imo dunkin's non-donut offerings are largely better than their donuts. They have some remarkably decent breakfast offerings, as fastfood breakfasts go.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 10876 10877 [10878] 10879 10880 ... 11040