Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10853 10854 [10855] 10856 10857 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14571291 times)

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #162810 on: May 29, 2023, 02:05:16 am »

^ yeah it's just the usual canned "West bad" response.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162811 on: May 29, 2023, 04:02:13 am »

I think the main points of this whole conversation are Erdogan is an ass, Twitters is crap, and Elon is a bitch.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #162812 on: May 29, 2023, 06:42:43 am »

I heard some crazy honking going on outside, so I looked out the window and saw a long procession of cars driving through the city, waving Turkish flags and blaring their horns. They carried on for a full circuit or more, judging from the commotion.

Makes me a bit sad that there would be so many fervent supporters living here of all places... But it didn't surprise me much that they'd be the type to celebrate through being obnoxious.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162813 on: May 29, 2023, 06:45:05 am »

Outside of Turkey? From what I gather the Turkish expats and first/second generation migrants tend to be very nationalistic and pro-Erdogan, which is kind of ironic considering they don't live in the country and often don't want to go back.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162814 on: May 29, 2023, 06:48:48 am »

Outside of Turkey? From what I gather the Turkish expats and first/second generation migrants tend to be very nationalistic and pro-Erdogan, which is kind of ironic considering they don't live in the country and often don't want to go back.

They vote for left parties in Germany to reap the benefits, then vote ersoğan in here to satisfy their loose bond with Islam and Türkiye.

We generally hate them here.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #162815 on: May 29, 2023, 06:50:18 am »

Yeah, Norway... Which in general has fairly left-leaning politics and people who aren't particular fans of Ol' Erdougie-Baby. So definitely seems like an odd pick for the nationalistic supporters.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162816 on: May 29, 2023, 11:05:09 am »

Two things.

First at work, something burned a tiny hole in my skin on the right middle finger first knuckle, without disrupting the glove I was wearing or my skin anywhere else (such as nearer to the glove's entry than that particular spot.)

Second, while shoping, some projectile bounced off my nose. By size and amount of pain, it felt like an airsoft plastic ball. This was inside a supermarket.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162817 on: May 29, 2023, 11:09:57 am »

Where do you work? Only things I can think of that'd do that are chemicals like hydrofluoric acid.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162818 on: May 29, 2023, 11:12:13 am »

Steel mill. If the glove was damaged, if the damage was not under the glove, or if it was nearer the glove's opening, I would have chalked it up to a droplet of steel making contact with my skin, because this kind of damage is exactly what a tiny droplet of steel or slag does.

But the hit was in a place where a tiny droplet would not have gotten.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 11:15:34 am by Mathel »
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162819 on: May 29, 2023, 12:48:02 pm »

Why, do you think that exploiting digital monopoly to force values on others in a paternalistic fashion is good? or it is good only as long as you hold the power..

Because it sound like the same silly black and white hypocrisy you guys constructed i.e. being pro-speech but only when it suits you

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #162820 on: May 29, 2023, 12:57:54 pm »

Tolerance is related to free speech, so if you're pro free speech of hatemongers but fine with censuring other content, then that's worse than wanting to censure only hatred, yeah.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #162821 on: May 29, 2023, 01:01:24 pm »

Why, do you think that exploiting digital monopoly to force values on others in a paternalistic fashion is good? or it is good only as long as you hold the power..

Because it sound like the same silly black and white hypocrisy you guys constructed i.e. being pro-speech but only when it suits you

What are you even on about guy?

Nobody said that, or anything like that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162822 on: May 29, 2023, 02:30:51 pm »

Tolerance is related to free speech, so if you're pro free speech of hatemongers but fine with censuring other content, then that's worse than wanting to censure only hatred, yeah.
We are talking about Turkey, you are ignoring local legal obligations and threat to ban the platform if they fail to respect local autonomy. Twitter maintained its established policy and stay in business in Turkey, no idea if Musk was involved in this decision, if there even was a decision, and if so if he is fine with their laws.. that for you to speculate.

I have yet to see any evidence that there was any meaningful change in their policy, or that it deviates from other media companies in similar situation, leading me to conclude this is the usual prejudice dog pile.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 02:35:13 pm by jipehog »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #162823 on: May 29, 2023, 02:54:45 pm »

What usual prejudice dogpile? Against Erdogan or Musk? Neither are particularly laudable humans.

I mean without rehashing older shit, Musk recently pulled Twitter out of a voluntary EU anti-disinformation code… 3 months before it becomes legally enforceable anyway. He’s also ended free access to the API, which researchers can use to study various things on Twitter, for example, hate speech, which has increased significantly since his takeover and flourishes even though it’s against Twitter policy a lot of the time.

Erdogan, as previously stated, has almost complete control over Turkish media, has imprisoned some political opponents, and gave himself sweeping powers after the “coup” attempt in 2016. Twitter is used to get to younger voters, and Musk claims to be a free speech absolutist, which flies in the face of taking down tweets that are critical of any particular government.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162824 on: May 30, 2023, 03:05:22 am »

Prejudice dog pile?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 10853 10854 [10855] 10856 10857 ... 11040