Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10840 10841 [10842] 10843 10844 ... 11041

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14573106 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #162615 on: May 09, 2023, 07:23:12 pm »

People will blather endlessly about banal bullshittery but when something is actually important suddenly they can't speak and then it's magically my fault they don't have the information they didn't ask for.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162616 on: May 09, 2023, 07:33:47 pm »

People will blather endlessly about banal bullshittery but when something is actually important suddenly they can't speak and then it's magically my fault they don't have the information they didn't ask for.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_triviality
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162617 on: May 09, 2023, 08:01:20 pm »

Skip dialogue option when. Sometimes you're lucky and you get to act distracted when they asked you a question and you had the wits to interrupt yourself after being interrupted, and they can't even remember what they asked just that they wanna hear the rest, and then you shrug and say can't remember mustn't have been that important, that will usually dampen the ambient volume for a short breath.

Not that it solves anything its just something I do sometimes when the sabotage feels just as constructive as the mutual attention mismanagement.
let

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162618 on: May 11, 2023, 12:07:39 pm »

The Arby's menu calls a gyro a sandwich when I'm fairly certain a gyro is a taco.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #162619 on: May 11, 2023, 12:08:59 pm »

It’s bread though.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162620 on: May 11, 2023, 12:20:30 pm »

In my books gyros is just meat done in greek way.
let

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162621 on: May 11, 2023, 12:22:29 pm »

Tacos you wrap the meat with the bread, but you put the meat in the bread with a gyro.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162622 on: May 11, 2023, 12:34:19 pm »

It’s bread though.
Leavened vs unleavened. And the sauces are completely different.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162623 on: May 11, 2023, 04:04:19 pm »

Tacos you wrap the meat with the bread, but you put the meat in the bread with a gyro.

So it's a hot dog?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #162624 on: May 11, 2023, 04:29:22 pm »

Which is just a sandwich
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162625 on: May 11, 2023, 04:38:21 pm »

Whether the bread is in one piece or two seems like a silly distinction to make for something being a sandwich because most of the time it doesn't really matter. Like a hoagie could be one piece or two pieces and it's really the same thing. Leavened bread vs unleavened sort of makes sense but again the food serves the same function either way. The function is that if you put some tasty savory things into a bread so that it can be picked up neatly I'll want to eat it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162626 on: May 11, 2023, 05:13:40 pm »

So it's a hot dog?

Hot dog buns tend to be in one piece so I’m more inclined to consider them fat tacos.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162627 on: May 11, 2023, 05:37:50 pm »

A taco is a sandwich.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162628 on: May 11, 2023, 06:23:09 pm »

A sandwich is a sandwich. A taco is a taco. Off with you and your woke nonsense. Preserve traditional family values. Vote Trump.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162629 on: May 11, 2023, 07:44:31 pm »

The British Sandwich Association says sandwiches are constructed cold, so disagree.

The USDA’s definition of sandwich is wrong. 35% cooked meat minimum? Get out of town.

Pages: 1 ... 10840 10841 [10842] 10843 10844 ... 11041