Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10799 10800 [10801] 10802 10803 ... 11041

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14574038 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #162000 on: March 07, 2023, 05:35:03 am »

Stumbled upon an article about female snakes having a clitoris. This was apparently a big deal because nobody noticed them before.

Apparently crocodilians also have one. And zoologists have known about that for a while.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #162001 on: March 07, 2023, 06:48:00 am »

Stumbled upon an article about female snakes having a clitoris. This was apparently a big deal because nobody noticed them before.

Apparently crocodilians also have one. And zoologists have known about that for a while.
75% of herpetologists are men, is it any surprise they could not find the snakes' clitoris

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #162002 on: March 07, 2023, 07:08:32 am »

So 'Snakes' clitoris' is obviously grammatically incorrect.

But this raises a question which philosophers will doubtless ponder for generations. What is the plural of clitoris? Clitorises? Clitori? Clitoren?

((Autocorrect suggests 'clitorises' is correct, but autocorrect is no fun))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162003 on: March 07, 2023, 07:21:13 am »

Ah, the legendary Snitoris has finally been discovered.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #162004 on: March 07, 2023, 08:10:14 am »

I was perfectly happy thinking that everything was all cloacas down there guys
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #162005 on: March 07, 2023, 08:30:44 am »

That explains the forked tongue.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #162006 on: March 07, 2023, 08:44:05 am »

I'm glad the snekgirl days are over but this would have been a fine addition
Love, scriver~

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #162007 on: March 07, 2023, 08:50:27 am »

But this raises a question which philosophers will doubtless ponder for generations. What is the plural of clitoris? Clitorises? Clitori? Clitoren?

Funny, I had a similar discussion just the other week. I think the dictionary result was 'clitorides.'

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #162008 on: March 07, 2023, 09:48:20 am »

Funny, I had a similar discussion just the other week. I think the dictionary result was 'clitorides.'

Sounds like a particularly lewd Greek.

I had a horrific night last night, goodness me. My wife had some sort of stomach bug over the weekend, presumably viral because she was sore, and I thought to myself yesterday that it appeared as though I avoided it.

No such luck. We had leftover Chinese food, I ate that and needed to go to the bathroom a few times for what I was expecting to be extra watery goodness, but nah. Then I had a big chug of water which was apparently 100% the wrong move and had a stupendously violent vomiting fit, but as that usually goes felt pretty good after it was done.

I usually stay up for a bit at night to look after our kid if he needs anything, but was just getting really sore, and went to bed at around 12.30am.

Between then and 2am, I got up four times for some more vomiting and pooping sessions, expelling less and less but also not being sure which end I might be expelling things from. The partially-digested Chinese food gave everything an oddly pleasant curry aroma.

The final session involved a great deal of dry heaving so I ended up just sitting on the toilet thinking “dude there is nothing left” before one of the big spasms resulted in a magnificent spray of diarrhea into the bowl, followed by vomiting out the last contents of my digestive system, some think yellow bile.

Spent the remainder of the night waking up frequently because I was dehydrated, worrying about not being able to keep water down, being unbelievably sore when I moved, and having hot and cold flashes.

0/10, would not recommend. I am glad today is my wife’s day off.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2023, 10:28:54 am by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162009 on: March 07, 2023, 10:14:34 am »

Headline from CNN on Jerome Powell testifying before Congress:

"Lawmakers want to know why inflation is still high despite big rate hikes."

What kind of confusion of ideas leads to such a question?  Are our leaders and their advisors really this uneducated or intentionally obtuse?
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #162010 on: March 07, 2023, 10:20:40 am »

Sounds like a particularly lewd Greek.
“How beautiful the Kentaurides are, even where they are horses; for some grow out of white mares, others are attached to chestnut mares, and the coat’s of others are dappled, but they glisten like those of horses that are well cared for. There is also a white female Kentauroi that grows out of a black mare, and the very opposition of the colors helps to produce the united beauty of the whole.”
-Philostatus the Elder, predicting Monster Musume 2300 years in advance

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #162011 on: March 07, 2023, 04:21:10 pm »

What kind of confusion of ideas leads to such a question?  Are our leaders and their advisors really this uneducated or intentionally obtuse?
The answer is "yes"

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162012 on: March 07, 2023, 09:37:08 pm »

Forgive me, not my forte, but doesn't it go higher interest rates -> less aggregate demand -> less inflation?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #162013 on: March 07, 2023, 10:27:47 pm »

The idea is that people save more and borrow less, spending is meant to go down, and inflation eventually falls.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162014 on: March 07, 2023, 10:41:08 pm »

The problem is that view suffers from the “all else equal” fallacy. There are many variables and the Fed can only control one of them.

Basically it’s naively thinking that the money supply is the only degree of freedom controlling inflation. In reality there is at least one more, which is rate of production.

Put simply: if production falls as fast (or faster than) money supply, prices cannot fall and may increase.

In other words, if there isn’t enough competition in markets, or markets are captured, companies can intentionally reduce supply to keep prices high even if there is less demand.

I’d say interest rates aren’t working because there isn’t enough production…. but it’s a lot more difficult to ramp up production than it is to change an interest rate. And in some cases, high interest rates actually discourages new investment, because it raises the bar for rate of return on capital - if I can get 4% risk free in a savings account, why would I risk my cash trying to run a business?
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.
Pages: 1 ... 10799 10800 [10801] 10802 10803 ... 11041