Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10797 10798 [10799] 10800 10801 ... 11041

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14574649 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #161970 on: March 02, 2023, 05:35:12 pm »

Upper arm fat is more like the stuffed-sausage look than the beefcake look.

But you know, I dont see a problem with regulated doses of chemicals designed to sculpt your body into a divine greek sculpture
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161971 on: March 02, 2023, 07:45:47 pm »

But you know, I dont see a problem with regulated doses of chemicals designed to sculpt your body into a divine greek sculpture
Cosplay of Urien from Street Fighter 3rd Strike really shaping up.

Though I'm generally far too hydrated to see any muscle without a good bit of flexing.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #161972 on: March 03, 2023, 07:46:39 am »

My body's metabolism is insane. I've managed to put on muscle mass, but never fat mass.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161973 on: March 03, 2023, 09:52:49 pm »

Not really a WTF, but we don't have a "things that amazed you today" thread and this is close enough:

At least 6" (15cm) of snow in the past 7 hours, and it's still falling. I'm bad at estimating depth and didn't venture outside with a yardstick.  Currently well past sunset, and there's so much light pollution and snow in the air outside it's like daylight.  Also - thundersnow!  Pretty amazing to be shoveling snow and the entire sky lights up, then have a peal of thunder.

Not quite as impressive as the 12" they were initially forecasting for my location, but I know places not too far probably got that much.

Also much fun, since things just barely recovered from last week's ice storm here in MI; now everything's coated in a layer of heavy snow.  Perhaps the saving grace is that most things that would have broken under load, broke last weekend.  My prayers go out to the utility lineworkers. This is a mess.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161974 on: March 03, 2023, 11:21:35 pm »

Another Michigander here: I'm waiting for my snowstorm, it's just over the horizon. I can feel it.

Hopefully it doesn't leave everything coated in ice like they tend to do.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161975 on: March 03, 2023, 11:25:06 pm »

Aww. There's barely been any snow here this winter. You're supposed to share.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161976 on: March 04, 2023, 03:58:59 am »

We didn't get any snow here just some ice and then shit loads of rain, at least we're out of the drought we've been in for the last few years.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #161977 on: March 04, 2023, 04:56:30 am »

Looking at russian wikipedia page for knights of the round table, noticed that someone posted a link to tale version of Vladimir the Great for no apparent... ah.  ::) Looked in the discussion, and here he was, cuckoo, saying that these knights were actually scythians, which were slavic nomads, that Ivanhoe is Ivanko (twisting the original name into Ivengow, even though there was no need for it), and similiar stuff. May be a troll, may be a real loon. Wouldn't be the first time i heard about someone engaging in pork linguistics with utter seriousness.
And that's why i'm very vary around anything concerning slavic history and myths (the problem is that there are no myths to speak of, but some have tried to rectify that).
EDIT: This link and discussion are there from 2015, turns out.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2023, 05:10:36 am by MCreeper »
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #161978 on: March 04, 2023, 06:16:09 am »

"Conspiracy theory" nationalists can be great fun. I remember back when Mount&Blade hadn't become Warband yet there was this one guy on their forums who was an avid believer of the works of some Turkish nationalist professor who had proof that the entire world had been settled by Turks in ancient times and all civilisation came from them so all people was actually Turkish, but the Catholic Church didn't want anybody to know that and had locked all the proof in their sealed library. Oh and all languages could be understood if you spoke Turkish or something.
Love, scriver~

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161979 on: March 04, 2023, 07:55:35 am »

But I thought the Vatican was suppressing the knowledge of Poland being a mighty ancient empire, as evidenced by the words-look-similar-duh school of etymology.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #161980 on: March 04, 2023, 08:04:22 am »

Some dickhead professor made it into the newspapers here claiming that Chinese is the mother tongue of all languages, and - somehow - also claiming the actions of the Roman Empire as, therefore, inherently Chinese.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161981 on: March 04, 2023, 08:25:38 am »

Not really a WTF, but we don't have a "things that amazed you today" thread and this is close enough:

At least 6" (15cm) of snow in the past 7 hours, and it's still falling. I'm bad at estimating depth and didn't venture outside with a yardstick.  Currently well past sunset, and there's so much light pollution and snow in the air outside it's like daylight.  Also - thundersnow!  Pretty amazing to be shoveling snow and the entire sky lights up, then have a peal of thunder.

Not quite as impressive as the 12" they were initially forecasting for my location, but I know places not too far probably got that much.

Also much fun, since things just barely recovered from last week's ice storm here in MI; now everything's coated in a layer of heavy snow.  Perhaps the saving grace is that most things that would have broken under load, broke last weekend.  My prayers go out to the utility lineworkers. This is a mess.
SWMI checking in. I just had to pull about a foot of snow off my car.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #161982 on: March 04, 2023, 09:18:04 am »

Some dickhead professor made it into the newspapers here claiming that Chinese is the mother tongue of all languages, and - somehow - also claiming the actions of the Roman Empire as, therefore, inherently Chinese.

Everyone knows Albanian is the mother tongue of Chinese. Therefore all the actions of ancient and modern China AND the Roman Empire are inherently Albanian.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161983 on: March 04, 2023, 09:49:37 am »

So what is the current thinking about the origin of language ?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #161984 on: March 04, 2023, 10:05:00 am »

Albanian->Chinese->Latin->Everything else
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 10797 10798 [10799] 10800 10801 ... 11041