Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10795 10796 [10797] 10798 10799 ... 11041

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14575201 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #161940 on: February 26, 2023, 08:34:31 pm »

Always remember that however stupid you are, the algorithm is stupider.

A bridge underpass was closed off tonight because a few cars were in flames right under it.

Stupid part is people were still trying to drive around the cops and fire trucks.

Remember, the majority of the people and questions the algorithm was trained on are these ones.

A couple years ago I reported a vehicle fire outside a Safeway foods. Truck bed full of gas caught fire. Probably someone hoarding gas and storing it poorly. Thankfully i wasn't the first one to report it, they were already on their way.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 08:36:32 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #161941 on: February 27, 2023, 01:09:25 pm »

Day four of covid:
Sense of taste/smell waning today, surprised it took so long. Sense of fatigue is pervasive, really need it to go push off so I can sweep the floors without getting slightly out of breath. Making instant mashed potatoes is taxing work, just like boiling water. Instant mashed potatoes (with some seasoned salts and onion powder and all that good good) tastes vaguely like hardboiled eggs.

This is the part where we're courting brain damage, innit?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #161942 on: February 27, 2023, 01:24:07 pm »

Fatigue was the big part of Covid for me, as well as being sore everywhere.

My first bout lasted about a month, second was about a week. Hopefully it’s the latter for you.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #161943 on: February 27, 2023, 10:13:27 pm »

that feeling when you come across a comic page of darth vader jumping off a winged horse to attack a giant land shark that shoots lasers out its mouth

thank you, yes, i didn't know vader riding space!pegasus vs landshark kaiju was something that would brighten my day

but, uh

===

anyway, i can't be arsed to link it but searching google for darth vader land shark will probably find it if you, too, wish to see this thing

E: to be slightly more helpful, it's apparently from the first volume of Darth Vader: Dark Visions, in which annieboy crash lands on a planet ravaged by a world destroying shark kaiju, and then apparently does space wizard battle with it.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 10:21:35 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #161944 on: February 27, 2023, 10:29:40 pm »

Ok, that did make me happy.  Thank you.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161945 on: February 28, 2023, 04:24:26 am »

What led up to Darth Vader fighting a giant shark anyway?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #161946 on: February 28, 2023, 05:41:06 am »

What led up to Darth Vader fighting a giant shark anyway?

The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many situations some consider to be... unnatural.

Also, it's Anakin. He lives for dramatic scenes like that.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161947 on: February 28, 2023, 05:42:34 am »

Ok, that did make me happy.  Thank you.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's so stupid. I love it.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161948 on: February 28, 2023, 01:51:30 pm »

'Pro cyclist fined for shooting minister's cat'
Top game BBC newscraftship. Poor cat. Still funny, though.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161949 on: February 28, 2023, 04:08:27 pm »

One of my supervisors at work passed away over the weekend. ...That's not the WTF.

They offered everyone a chance to go home for day with pay. I know it's probably wrong to feel this way, I can't help but think that as soon as everyone heard "with pay" they all went for the door. While there's one or two people I could expect to do something like that, there were a few that, assuming they weren't truly so aggrieved(which they could have been), surprised me.

They didn't tell me until I was already pretty busy. I probably should have, since only two other people stayed to work.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #161950 on: February 28, 2023, 06:09:45 pm »

Its free pay.  Literally free pay.  I would expect most people working in a retail position to accept it, not being paid with commission, or by the idea, or on a sliding scale.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161951 on: February 28, 2023, 06:47:01 pm »

This channel makes me afraid to ever drive on the road with other people again.

EDIT: It's amazing the world has any semblance of not constantly crashing and burning.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #161952 on: February 28, 2023, 08:19:19 pm »

Its free pay.  Literally free pay.  I would expect most people working in a retail position to accept it, not being paid with commission, or by the idea, or on a sliding scale.

Basically this, especially if I didn’t enjoy working someplace. I’d be taking the opportunity to go home and be paid for it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #161953 on: February 28, 2023, 08:21:52 pm »

That's the kind of thing that can lead to extremely poor work as well - even people who didn't like the guy probably had a severe emotional shock. Sending everyone home with pay is a very reasonable thing to do.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161954 on: February 28, 2023, 08:36:06 pm »

One of my supervisors at work passed away over the weekend. ...That's not the WTF.

They offered everyone a chance to go home for day with pay. I know it's probably wrong to feel this way, I can't help but think that as soon as everyone heard "with pay" they all went for the door. While there's one or two people I could expect to do something like that, there were a few that, assuming they weren't truly so aggrieved(which they could have been), surprised me.

They didn't tell me until I was already pretty busy. I probably should have, since only two other people stayed to work.

Yeah, I would take the pay and go home 100%. There is nothing that unusual about it.

Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.
Pages: 1 ... 10795 10796 [10797] 10798 10799 ... 11041