Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10774 10775 [10776] 10777 10778 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14569486 times)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #161625 on: January 03, 2023, 12:55:06 pm »

You might also say that messages worth hearing don't need CEOs, police, mainstream and rightwing media, our imperialistic army, trade laws, congress and president enforcing them, and yet.

I might not, since it looks like you're responding to something I didn't say. I said that anything that relies on falsehoods to prop itself up isn't worth the claimsits making on you, not that the mere presence of false information or bad actors in a movement marks it rotten. With that in mind you can also see that I was talking about the very specific message of "this one reddit community and its mods are going about things in a useful and productive way."
« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 01:01:16 pm by Eschar »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161626 on: January 03, 2023, 02:54:25 pm »

I see, I actually did misunderstand your point, or maybe committed a logical fallacy. Cheers.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #161627 on: January 06, 2023, 12:11:36 am »

My memory for some things from over a decade ago is so strong that it's making them feel like they weren't near that long ago.

I've got solid memories of secondary school in there, and they're so vivid it almost feels like I can reach through to them. I can't, obviously, otherwise I'd have done so and fixed *so* much shit (And dumped money into various companies and become rich), but still...

I dunno, maybe I'm just going through a nostalgic period. I shouldn't have nostalgia for it, that was about the time I was an absolute social dumbfuck and I was bullied a good bit, but damn if things weren't so much more simple too.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161628 on: January 06, 2023, 03:06:38 am »

While at work, one of my socks disappeared from my locker.

This locker was locked using my own padlock (as opposed to a company-issued one), so I am reasonably certain it was not broken into. Also, stealing a singular sock doesn't seem very useful.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #161629 on: January 06, 2023, 03:53:47 am »

Maybe there was a crack or something it fell into?

... or you just didn't actually put it in there to begin with, somehow.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #161630 on: January 06, 2023, 03:58:21 am »

There is no sock
Love, scriver~

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161631 on: January 06, 2023, 04:10:38 am »

The ultimate prank stealing one sock from a locked locker.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #161632 on: January 06, 2023, 05:37:59 am »

Dobby is free!!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #161633 on: January 06, 2023, 05:40:35 am »

My memory for some things from over a decade ago is so strong that it's making them feel like they weren't near that long ago.

I've got solid memories of secondary school in there, and they're so vivid it almost feels like I can reach through to them. I can't, obviously, otherwise I'd have done so and fixed *so* much shit (And dumped money into various companies and become rich), but still...

I dunno, maybe I'm just going through a nostalgic period. I shouldn't have nostalgia for it, that was about the time I was an absolute social dumbfuck and I was bullied a good bit, but damn if things weren't so much more simple too.

Did you go to any post-secondary schooling? After undergrad and graduate school, for me High School is a blur.  And due to the drinking I did in graduate school, that is also a blur.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #161634 on: January 06, 2023, 10:42:23 am »

Sometimes numbers can make you go WTF.

The total maximum energy generated by solar power in the Netherlands(41543km²) is 1.4 times greater than the total maximum energy generated by solar power in the entire continent of Africa (30.37 million km²).

The fossil fuel lobby sent 636 delegates to the Climate Conference in Egypt, mostly to lobby for developing gas extraction and LNG industries in Africa and to sucesfully prevent fossil fuel industry being named as a contributor to global warming in the closing statement of the Climate Conference.

Sometimes I feel humanity deserves extinction.

RDC did a really excellent bit on this sort of behavior.

The only inaccurate part is that the boomers who perpetuated the climate crisis will all be dead when it fully arrives. (Going from -14 degree ice storms to a 68 degree torrential downpour in a week in midwinter aside.)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #161635 on: January 06, 2023, 11:50:36 am »

Did you go to any post-secondary schooling? After undergrad and graduate school, for me High School is a blur.  And due to the drinking I did in graduate school, that is also a blur.
Oh yeah, sixth form and did an Access to Higher Education degree since I stuffed up my sixth form because I'd got used to being able to breeze through my GCSEs. And university, although I flunked out halfway through the last year due to mental health issues.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #161636 on: January 06, 2023, 01:34:21 pm »

Oh yeah, sixth form and did an Access to Higher Education degree since I stuffed up my sixth form because I'd got used to being able to breeze through my GCSEs. And university, although I flunked out halfway through the last year due to mental health issues.
Guess it takes two universities to destroy memories of High School. That tracks with what others have told me.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #161637 on: January 06, 2023, 05:37:17 pm »

Also depends on what you were doing in high school, really. My sleep cycle was so fucked up in my middle and most of my high school years there's the better part of a decade of my younger years that's just more or less a flat blank. Maybe one or two memories retained total, out of the whole damn thing.

Get your sleep folks, it's important if you don't want what amounts to brain damage.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161638 on: January 06, 2023, 05:55:30 pm »

Just be like me, rampantly depressed during high school, don't remember any of it.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161639 on: January 06, 2023, 06:03:59 pm »

Can't say I remember too much from high school either, but I moved like, three or four times during that time.
Pages: 1 ... 10774 10775 [10776] 10777 10778 ... 11040