Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10773 10774 [10775] 10776 10777 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14569401 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #161610 on: January 02, 2023, 09:15:34 pm »

I... can see that, I guess? It sounds like what someone with like half an understanding of the issue in question would think, though. The "everyone is happy but me" thing has long been a major component of the holiday doldrums, to the point I think I remember the whole "looking through a window at a happy family and being down" shtick in movies out when I was a preteen (the movies in question had a happy ending and avoided the subsequent "and then they shot themselves" bit, of course, but it was showing some zeitgeist in the process). It's just in reality those doldrums has a body count :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161611 on: January 02, 2023, 09:32:42 pm »

I just realized that's why when asked about the holidays, "glad it's over" is never questioned. There goes another layer of imagined consensus.
let

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #161612 on: January 02, 2023, 09:37:21 pm »

I mean, if that's not pressure or stress I'm not sure what is? Unless there's a different term for art for it I'm forgetting.
Pressure is everyone else shoving their misery and personal vendettas and hatred on you all the time. TIS THE SEASON TO BE JOLLY, FALALALA, JUST FUCK MY SHIIIIIIIT
You need to watch Violent Night
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #161613 on: January 02, 2023, 10:27:46 pm »

This Christmas song actually had me understand the Holidays better: https://youtu.be/_FB3h8IFCro

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #161614 on: January 02, 2023, 10:31:49 pm »

Idle curiosity if dog treats are safe for humans to eat has lead to me to learning of the existence of CBD biscuits for dogs. At least one brand is called "Dope Dog", and it's apparently intentionally made to human consumption standards. I probably shouldn't be surprised about that, but here I am anyway.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161615 on: January 02, 2023, 10:41:32 pm »

Reminds me that a company once tried to sell water for dogs. As I understand it, it failed, since sausage-flavoured water isn't going to sound appetizing to most people. Still less weird than real-life Scooby-Snacks CBD for dogs.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 10:43:47 pm by BlackFlyme »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #161616 on: January 02, 2023, 10:43:50 pm »

There are companies that sell treats for dogs that look like human candies, because it’s always a good idea to teach animals to eat things that can potentially kill them.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #161617 on: January 02, 2023, 11:29:18 pm »

I read something horrific. I don't want to go into detail beyond it being entirely legal and arguably not even immoral. It was just straight up horrifying, to the extent I'm gonna refuse to name it or link it to anyone.

It might be fake, it might not be, either way I'd actually pay to have it scoured from my mind and never have to set eyes upon it again.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #161618 on: January 03, 2023, 01:56:46 am »

well damn it, why did you mention it here? Now I want to know!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #161619 on: January 03, 2023, 01:59:31 am »

I recall many years ago someone I worked with talking about a video of a man inserting a mason jar up his ass and it shatters while it’s up there, and looked for the video.

Some things are better left unknown brah.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161620 on: January 03, 2023, 03:25:28 am »

No never, we must tear down those curtains that hide the horrible reality away from us!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #161621 on: January 03, 2023, 07:27:11 am »

Sometimes numbers can make you go WTF.

The total maximum energy generated by solar power in the Netherlands(41543km²) is 1.4 times greater than the total maximum energy generated by solar power in the entire continent of Africa (30.37 million km²).

The fossil fuel lobby sent 636 delegates to the Climate Conference in Egypt, mostly to lobby for developing gas extraction and LNG industries in Africa and to sucesfully prevent fossil fuel industry being named as a contributor to global warming in the closing statement of the Climate Conference.

Sometimes I feel humanity deserves extinction.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #161622 on: January 03, 2023, 07:33:27 am »

Sometimes I feel humanity deserves extinction.
Majority of humanity is being held hostage by a ludicrously tiny number of dickheads

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #161623 on: January 03, 2023, 07:35:56 am »

Yea, true that.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #161624 on: January 03, 2023, 10:19:52 am »

I might be misremembering it with news of Arizona/New Mexico, but I believe there is a massive solar park underway in the Maroccan or Algerian parts of Sahara?

But yes localised solar power would be great for a lot of Africa (certainly more efficient than rooftop solar power here ij Sweden...). That's exactly the kind of investments I'd like the west to be doing as "industrialisation debt repayments" over straight money transfers.

I mean, if that's not pressure or stress I'm not sure what is? Unless there's a different term for art for it I'm forgetting.
Pressure is everyone else shoving their misery and personal vendettas and hatred on you all the time. TIS THE SEASON TO BE JOLLY, FALALALA, JUST FUCK MY SHIIIIIIIT

A Festivus for the Rest of Us

well damn it, why did you mention it here? Now I want to know!

Never forget the sacrifice of the Bonsai Kittens
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 10773 10774 [10775] 10776 10777 ... 11040