Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10770 10771 [10772] 10773 10774 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14565188 times)

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #161565 on: December 27, 2022, 01:06:51 pm »

Thanks! ^^

It's strange. Most of the things I were able to hear before are now way too loud, though I assume it's mostly shock as it isn't really painful. Given I haven't put any audio levels close to where I used to have them, I'm sure that would be pain. It's swell not having to worry about the max volume not being enough though. It usually was sufficient, and so were not-quite-max volumes, but sometimes... Maybe I should have noticed something before :P, but it's really hard to know how well other people's senses work.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #161566 on: December 27, 2022, 04:55:05 pm »

surprised that apparently you're supposed to hear air ventilation
wait until you notice the unending godawful buzzing that accompanies fluorescent lighting
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161567 on: December 28, 2022, 05:32:41 am »

I am laughing for no reason. This is awful.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161568 on: December 28, 2022, 09:48:07 am »

"Lol," said Magmacube, "lmao."
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161569 on: December 28, 2022, 11:17:09 am »

Don't mind if I do!

Magmacube and Mr. Roboto both stood infront of a bottomless pit with the intent of crossing it. Luckily for Magmacube, he could fly, but Mr. Roboto wasn't so lucky as to have flight.

Seeing the disadvantage that his fellow forumite had, Magmacube offered Mr. Roboto to cross him over the chasm. "Get on top of me, and I will shall carry you to the other side with me."

Mr. Roboto answered, "If I do that, Mr. Tee-Ar, you will surely succumb to and answer The Call of The Void halfway through, and cause me to fall into the chasm with you."

Magmacube reassured Mr. Roboto, saying "Anything that falls into a bottomless pit are unrecoverable by any normal means. If I did such a silly thing, I would be rendered incapable of self-recovery as well as you."

Mr. Roboto considered Magmacube's argument for a few moments, ultimatelt finding it sensible. So without another word, he climbed on top of Magmacube, who took off into the air.

Almost halfway throught the flight, Mr. Roboto felt a sharp nosedive into the pit. "You fool, now both of us will surely die!"

Needless to say, they were never, ever heard from again.

At least not until people noticed their absence and recovered them via Toady.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 12:15:03 pm by Magmacube_tr »
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161570 on: December 28, 2022, 11:50:25 am »

Almost halfway throught the flight, Mr. Roboto felt a sharp nosedive into the pit. "You fool, now both of us will surely die!"

Truly have the sages said that to cherish a base character is to give one's honor to the wind, and to involve one's own self in embarrassment.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #161571 on: December 28, 2022, 11:53:16 am »

Translation of Conquest of Elysium 5 provokes a thought "How to stop screaming?" Why normal units of Voice of El are internally diffirent from all others? Why Poison Resistance and no other ability needs specific values to be translated to show up properly on item screen? Why renaming any item makes the game crash on loading a save? Why? Why? Why? How did the makers of Dominions 5 manage to make something as atrocious as this "translation support" and the spaghetty code that made it necessary in first place? AAAAARGH!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 01:31:29 pm by MCreeper »
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #161572 on: December 28, 2022, 12:00:57 pm »

haha Im under the impression that the game is as steeped in reality warping power-creep as Dominions is strategy.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #161573 on: December 28, 2022, 12:50:39 pm »

Holy crap, that's intense. But I can tell you that I've long noticd that I sometimes skip a whole word or replace it with something else that makes no sense. It's not out of the ordinary.

There's a reason why "accidentally a whole _____" is a meme.

(It took a lot of effort not to deliberately insert a mistake in the first sentence.)

It's not uncommon, no, but actual aphasia is known to occasionally have a relationship with head trauma. If you're concerned you might be mixing up language more than usual after a nasty bump, I'd highly recommend getting it checked out.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #161574 on: December 29, 2022, 12:23:45 am »

Watching Star Trek: Enterprise episode Anomaly.
They introduced a blatantly hostile species.

Is it just me, or does Star Trek have a habit of introducing villiany species as looking Hispanic?

And while Star Trek has taken great strides to honor African, Asian, and Russian culture, what have they done to honor Hispanic culture?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #161575 on: December 29, 2022, 09:41:52 am »

Pretty sure you're seeing things that aren't there, probably because the makeup tends to darken the skin of the primarily white actors.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161576 on: December 29, 2022, 04:17:29 pm »

Caught one of my coworkers stealing today. She went over to a rack of dead stock intended to be recycled, pulled a dress out, removed the price tag, went over to the pricer for a new tag, then stashed it in a corner. I watched the whole thing, and even took a photograph of the dress where it was stashed.

All that apparently happened was she got a talking-to. And the manager may or may not have told her who reported her, although that wouldn't have too hard to figure out. Even so, she was clearly acting extra bitchy towards me the rest of the day.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161577 on: December 29, 2022, 06:04:27 pm »

This isn't a rhetorical question -- does her taking the dead stock hurt the company or anyone else?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #161578 on: December 29, 2022, 06:10:04 pm »

The company has to enforce policies on theft for legal reasons if nothing else, for ethical anti-corruption standards, and depending on what 'recycling' means, it could have hurt somebody or been part of a pre-arranged deal with a third party.

Amazon sells or used to sell pallets of returns, for instance.  Whatever is on the pallet for a fixed price.  Is a warehouse worker taking items off the pallets okay even though a third party bought that mystery pallet?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161579 on: December 29, 2022, 08:33:59 pm »

It actually does hurt taking it. When we recycle clothing, we literally press it into >1000lbs bales, which we sell overseas. Meaning that dead stock is still making us money. Sure one item isn't going to affect that much, but it's still a bad habit that should not be encouraged.

We did relax our policies on employee purchases not that long ago. Previously, no items could be purchased until they've been on the sales floor for two days, and must be signed off by a manager. Now, only items from the current week are signed off on, and I don't know about the 48hr policy. There used to be(and probably still is) a huge problem with people pricing things and hiding them somewhere until the 48 hours were up. More so when the pricers intentionally price something as low as they can for this purpose.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 10770 10771 [10772] 10773 10774 ... 11040