Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10761 10762 [10763] 10764 10765 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14571489 times)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #161430 on: December 17, 2022, 06:27:09 pm »

I would say that cookies tend to be easy in general, and typically rely least on gluten for structure (if they don't rise properly and hold that shape it doesn't really matter). The gluten-free variants probably just use more binding agent (eggs etc) and whatever dry/liquid rebalancing comes with that. Peanut butter cookies might be a good pick to avoid lactose.

A cake that relies on rising (and not collapsing) sounds harder to me, though I haven't tried it.

I think you're right, I've been doing some more looking around and the recipe that looks best is a cookie one. All I could get at the moment was coconut flour because I was stupid enough not to prepare properly ahead of time, and the only all coconut flour recipes I've found so far are cookies and 'pretzel bites'. Pretzels or cake will need to wait until I can get rice flour and such, or a blended gluten free flour. It'll be a first time for me in two ways, but I need to start with something and cookies are looking like a good place to start.

Plus cookies and the mild coconut flavour the flour has go together, I might even put some dried coconut in them. Wouldn't be as pleasant a taste in a proper pretzel I imagine.

Friend's going to be in the country for a few weeks, so I can make something savoury or a cake later on when I've had time to go to a shop that has more options for gluten free flour and can take a proper running start at it.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #161431 on: December 19, 2022, 06:51:15 am »

I was wondering why my laptop fans were working harder than they should.
Then I looked at my Steam library.

WTF, nearly 50GB update for the Witcher III downloading. 'Next gen update'.
Good thing I still have 50GB free space :P
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #161432 on: December 19, 2022, 11:34:20 am »

it's been a while since i mixed drinks

it's reminded me that for some ungodly reason a lot of the time when you mix with sodas it ends up tasting like some form of chewable children's asprin

Watermelon cherry V8 + A&W rootbeer, would not recommend at 1:1 unless you like the taste of children's chewables without wanting to deal with the NSAID.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #161433 on: December 19, 2022, 11:42:53 am »

Flavored seltzer water is my go to.  If I need fruit I try to keep it light.

What are you making?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #161434 on: December 19, 2022, 12:17:10 pm »

Yeah mixing with sweet things can be... tricky.  Reminds me of the time my friends and I shared some DELICIOUS apple-pie flavored moonshine (you could taste crust somehow!  The cinnamon??) and everyone but me got uncharacteristically smashed.  I loved it but the sweetness set off alarm bells, because it masks the alcohol incredibly well.

That's why I tend towards gin (already strong-flavored) with diet ginger ale, seltzer, or sometimes even sugar-free tonic water.  It tastes *vile* which is how it... "should be", somehow.  Pragmatically it slows my roll.

Root beer is one of the only sweets I ever indulge in, but I've never mixed it (I probably did and blacked out)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #161435 on: December 19, 2022, 02:17:55 pm »

Flavored seltzer water is my go to.  If I need fruit I try to keep it light.

What are you making?
I... just wanted to see what watermelon cherry A&W tasted like. There wasn't any intent behind it beyond that, heh. I used to do that with basically everything I drank, just to see what would happen, but it's not happened as much since I cut caffeine/most non-water liquids out of my diet. Definitely wasn't drink mixing in the alcohol sense, I don't and won't drink the stuff.

Mostly it just reminded me of back in the day when I was doing that more often, the default failure state for mixing sodas is apparently children's chewables. Someone out there probably knows why, but it's friggin' weird to me that it's so easy to make sodas taste like over the counter kid medicine.

E: ... that said, if you're trying to make apple tasting drinks, go with unfiltered apple juice. Not just not from concentrate, the stuff that looks like someone actually pureed up an apple. Can be kinda' hard to find sometimes, but it's so damn good just on its own, and legit just tastes like liquid apple, not apple juice.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2022, 02:21:11 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #161436 on: December 19, 2022, 02:52:07 pm »

Birch beer sounds like a nice mixer, maybe I need to switch it up!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #161437 on: December 19, 2022, 07:33:34 pm »

Since I started on HRT my hunger's gone through the roof. I don't know if it's the HRT or something else that's coincidentally started at the same time.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #161438 on: December 19, 2022, 08:51:10 pm »

Yeah it can do that. Welcome to puberty 2: like puberty 1 but better. I also recommend planning for getting more sleep because you're basically doing Being a Teenager again for the next few years.

All these half-remembered weird body things from puberty? Time for more of that!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #161439 on: December 19, 2022, 08:55:34 pm »

I think it’s time we told you about a few things.

So, your body is changing, you might get hair in weird places, and you might start, you know, really “noticing“ certain other people. You might start getting spots and greasy skin, but it’s all just a part of growing up.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #161440 on: December 19, 2022, 09:30:50 pm »

Yeah it can do that. Welcome to puberty 2: like puberty 1 but better. I also recommend planning for getting more sleep because you're basically doing Being a Teenager again for the next few years.

All these half-remembered weird body things from puberty? Time for more of that!
Thing is I wouldn't think it'd happen after three days of HRT.

Unless the body's recognising the increased oestrogen as a sign that puberty's beginning.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161441 on: December 19, 2022, 09:36:10 pm »

You have not enough minerals (and vitamins)
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #161442 on: December 19, 2022, 09:39:35 pm »

Not enough vespene gas.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #161443 on: December 19, 2022, 09:55:02 pm »

If you find yourself actually emitting, or ingesting, bright green gas at any point during your transition, do talk to your doctor. That is not, in fact, normal.
Ask not!
Ask!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161444 on: December 19, 2022, 09:57:02 pm »

Lies, that's just part of good macro.
Pages: 1 ... 10761 10762 [10763] 10764 10765 ... 11040